NCAA- BIG 10- 197lbs View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
NCAA- BIG 10- 197lbs

bigkidsdad
Then you've convinced me, I agree as long as it doesn't consolidate power which it doesn't and it gives everyone the same advantage of when they have two kids and a weight class to enter go and see where the chips fall

Falcs96
Exactly. I knew you'd think that was fair, because you're a logical dude! I enjoy your posts.

LImarty
SEE....reasonable solution to antiquated practices.

I was never much for STIFLING individual success due to subjective Rules/Regulations considering only the majority.

I think- like I said previously. If and when a Team might have TWO top notch wrestlers at the same weight- there should be a provision to have dual entry into the qualifying tournament....and or the wrestler enters UNATTACHED.

duddems
I think cassar thought hed step right into that spot when mccutcheon left. Then rasheed puts on weight and really starts being dominant. Cassar shocked everybody when he beat moore. It would be nice to see both have a shot in the tournament. What do you do if you are sanderson. Hard to sit one of them down.

LImarty
duddems,

I wasn't shocked- when Cassar beat Moore. Actually, I was convinced earlier that he would. Cassar in my opinion has a better shot at an NCAA Title than Rasheed. Cassar is better in neutral than Rasheed. He scores and is hard to score on. Shakur has always been dominant on the mat- a pinner. How he beats Cassar in the PSU Room- well, that's what I would like to know.

JMO- At the NCAA Tournament- Corey/Shakur Rasheed would not WIN an NCAA Title this year. WHY ??? Any wrestler he would meet would try never to go under him- and- get cradled. Neutral only..and never would take the defensive position. He is not superior in neutral. Actually, I think Moore from OSU would beat him...Ryan would never let Moore go underneath.

My only point in this post...BOTH wrestlers Cassar/ Rasheed should have a shot at an NCAA Title this season....and both should be allowed to compete in the BIG 10 Tourney.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
duddems,

I wasn't shocked- when Cassar beat Moore. Actually, I was convinced earlier that he would. Cassar in my opinion has a better shot at an NCAA Title than Rasheed. Cassar is better in neutral than Rasheed. He scores and is hard to score on. Shakur has always been dominant on the mat- a pinner. How he beats Cassar in the PSU Room- well, that's what I would like to know.

JMO- At the NCAA Tournament- Corey/Shakur Rasheed would not WIN an NCAA Title this year. WHY ??? Any wrestler he would meet would try never to go under him- and- get cradled. Neutral only..and never would take the defensive position. He is not superior in neutral. Actually, I think Moore from OSU would beat him...Ryan would never let Moore go underneath.

My only point in this post...BOTH wrestlers Cassar/ Rasheed should have a shot at an NCAA Title this season....and both should be allowed to compete in the BIG 10 Tourney.

Agree with Cassar being better than Rasheed on his feet but the reason they keep Rasheed in the line-up is his ability to collect bonus points. Cassar wins matches as much as Rasheed but Rasheed has had more decisive wins. Tough call.....

LImarty
easy call.....BOTH

Refine the Rules/Regulations.

duddems
LImarty wrote:
duddems,

Well that was a bold prediction (cassar over moore) Marty...but it makes you look pretty smart...i see your logic. I think moore wins the tourney still. Maybee needed the loss. But it could go a number of ways. Id would make for a better tourn if they could both be in it. But i understand the other side of the coin too. Glad its not my call. Id like to ask you to predict 141 ncaa bracket finish just because im curious of who you like. Thats gonna b awesome.

Falcs96
What's the other side of the coin??
They are both top 10 wrestlers. They should both be in the tournament.
By denying one of them a chance to qualify, you are CLEARLY watering it down.
Theres a simple solution: Give each coach 12 entries into his conference tournament…….his 10 staters, plus 2 wrestlers of his choice he thinks
can qualify and make some noise in the NCAA tournament. What's so wrong with that?

And BTW……this is not a rare problem. It is a common one. Many schools have back-ups who are very high quality, but are blocked by a stud.
The only reason the Cassar/Rasheed dilemma stands out is because one of them beat the #1 kid in the country, then got knocked off in his own wrestling room!
In any other sport if you had 2 nationally ranked studs in the same position, you'd move one to a different position and both would start.
You can't do that in wrestling without an extreme weight change.

LImarty
Falc,

we're on the same page.

duddems,

125-is RIDICULOUS. !!! While , I see match-up nightmares. I like Suriano yet, Tomasello is a "beast"...Lee could continue his winning ways, Lizak, Cruz, Piccininni and others.

141- I've seen the kid from Wyoming/Meredeth wrestle..he is tough. Yianni would have to have a good tourney- and a one or two seed get knocked off.

quickpick
Yianni might be the 1 seed at the tournament. He has head to head over Meredith but a loss to Eierman who will probably be the three. Throw in Dean Heil who has struggled this year but has two NCAA titles already, as well as Josh Alber and Nick Lee for an absolutely loaded weight class. Probably the deepest in the tournament.

coachlaz
LImarty wrote:

141- I've seen the kid from Wyoming/Meredeth wrestle..he is tough. Yianni would have to have a good tourney- and a one or two seed get knocked off.

Did you watch Yianni wrestle Meredith? I mean outwrestle Meredith? It may have been an OT match, but Yianni certainly did the better wrestling. The only knock on the performance would be getting ridden out. He looked way better on the feet and in the scrambles. It's a no-brainer that Yianni or any of these 141s will need to have a "good tourney", but Yianni has already demonstrated he can beat Meredith. There's very little separating the top 4 or 5 guys, but Yianni will not need the good fortune of a "knock off" any more or less than the other hammers in that division.

bigkidsdad
Coachlaz, I saw what you saw in the Meredith/Diaklamahalous match, Yanni dominated all the positions and in my opinion he has grown exponentially since then. Naysayers say Meredith was just back from an injury and that seniors don't wrestle with the same intensity in Nov/Dec then they do in March. I have said on other message boards bull$hi7! I don't want to jinx him but I do believe Yanni is on his way to the finals and hopefully gold. I can't wait until march I hope I am right on this one.

duddems
LImarty wrote:
Falc,

we're on the same page.

duddems,

125-is RIDICULOUS. !!! While , I see match-up nightmares. I like Suriano yet, Tomasello is a "beast"...Lee could continue his winning ways, Lizak, Cruz, Piccininni and others.

Yes im bias but i honestly like yanni..or eirman. Yanni has beat meredith...heils losing a bunch, jack is dangerous. If not yanni, eirman. Yea 125 is awesome. How bout 165?

duddems
Yanni had eirman beat and lost by getting cradled in last few seconds...i think hr will beat the very tough eirman in a rematch.
Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next