Wildcards View previous topic | View next topic

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wildcards

Smoothrider
If Anders would have won Supers he very well could have been the 2 seed maybe even 1 seed. I know he’s the only returning finalist in the weight class. Now he’s probably going to get a 6,7 or 8 seed because he can’t jump Burgos or Sergeant in seeding. 1 and 2 will now be Sciotto and Redding most likely.

quickpick
thereptileguys wrote:
I was told by close source. Then Cody texted me his coach got a call. Just putting it out there. No list released yet that I know of. And yes lucky draw last year and great luck this year. But I think he has like dbl or more points than A2,A3,A4. So know flu gone go cradle some kids. Has there ever been same section in finals against each other??

Jeff O'lena and Sam Recco in 2012

Falcs96
In all fairness to Redding, he was probably the 2nd best wrestler in that bracket last year. Unfortunately for him, he got Ryder in the semis.

Smoothrider
Falcs96 wrote:
Redding should have been the 2 seed last year. That's why he didn't make the 2017 state finals.

Correct last year the Finals should have been Ryder vs Redding. They were clearly the two best in the weight class. Anders would have most likely take. 3rd in that scenario.

Falcs96
The 2nd best wrestler in NY this year at 120 is likely Sal Jones. But because he goes to a private school, they don't compete in the public states.

He beat Redding soundly at the ES tournament. TWICE!
Thee kid pretty much tore through everyone except Sciotto and Jack (Danbury).

Smoothrider
Falcs96 wrote:
The 2nd best wrestler in NY this year at 120 is likely Sal Jones. But because he goes to a private school, they don't compete in the public states.

Isn’t private schools Psal? They don’t compete at the state tournament anymore?

Falcs96
I don't recall LI Lutheran ever competing in the PSAL. They compete in the NYSAIS state tournament, as they are classified as an "Independent School".

antiquerassler
Long Island schools would be either Section 8 - Nassau, or Section 11-Suffolk. Section 8 is like Section 6, their parochial schools are not in the section, but I don't know about other religious schools. There is an association of independent (private) schools that competes in some sports at the state level. There were some from the AIS (Association of Independent Schools) a few years ago, but I don't think they compete in states anymore.

Mayo08
Smoothrider wrote:
Falcs96 wrote:

Contrary to semi-popular belief, PSAL doesn't stand for private school athletic league... It's actually "Public School Athletic League" for New York City public schools. (A quick trip to wikipedia says it was established in 1903 and is the oldest athletic league in the US, but I didn't check the citation)

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

Smoothrider
Mayo08 wrote:
Smoothrider wrote:
Falcs96 wrote:

Contrary to semi-popular belief, PSAL doesn't stand for private school athletic league... It's actually "Public School Athletic League" for New York City public schools. (A quick trip to wikipedia says it was established in 1903 and is the oldest athletic league in the US, but I didn't check the citation)

Thanks for the Info I never knew that!

matburn
Site Admin
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q7-6FN5HgMOv6aiiL309gnq6FUS586F4cvVjUuL-YYU/edit?usp=sharing

quickpick
thereptileguys wrote:
I was told by close source. Then Cody texted me his coach got a call. Just putting it out there. No list released yet that I know of. And yes lucky draw last year and great luck this year. But I think he has like dbl or more points than A2,A3,A4. So know flu gone go cradle some kids. Has there ever been same section in finals against each other??

Jeff O'lena and Sam Recco in 2012

Falcs96
I never knew that either. I always just assumed the "P" stood for private.

chucknorriscoverband
Look at the big brain on Mayo!

TallicaFan
Mayo08 wrote:
Smoothrider wrote:
Falcs96 wrote:

Don't believe everything you read on wiki. Cut that damn hair coach!