Times Union Center View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Times Union Center

TribeMom
Let's hear from some of the seasoned veterans what we can expect from the venue (aside from overpriced food and drinks) to make States as memorable and hassle-free as possible for Section V families making their first trip.

Best places to park?

Can you bring in covered beverages/snacks?

Best nearby restaurants?

Best to buy tickets in advance or at the door?

Any other tips!

Oldskool
TribeMom wrote:
Let's hear from some of the seasoned veterans what we can expect from the venue (aside from overpriced food and drinks) to make States as memorable and hassle-free as possible for Section V families making their first trip.

Best places to park?

Can you bring in covered beverages/snacks?

Best nearby restaurants?

Best to buy tickets in advance or at the door?

Any other tips!

There is a parking garage but not a far walk if staying at near by hotel. Some street parking as well.

Easier to by tickets online but waiting in line isnt that bad.

Cant remember about bringing in snacks but food cost is ridiculous.

jessefeffer
I used a surface lot on Grand St. which is about a block away and there is a ramp located nearby. Had lunch at a nice Italian restaurant located on Madison called Lombardo's. It is about 4 blocks away which was a nice destination between Saturday sessions.

chucknorriscoverband
If your staying within walking distance your hotel most likely has parking so you can walk to everything. If not Friday parking is a little more difficult because people in Albany are still working so get there alittle early. There are two parking garage is to the right of the arena and I think there are lots to the left.
They don't allow any food or drink in the arena not even your five dollar cup of Starbucks! I know from experience...
It's pretty warm out so as far as tickets up to you, iif the word 10° out I'd say by then I had a time either way you're still gonna have to stand in line outside.
there are plenty of places to eat follow the droves of people ! The arena food is pricey and gets old pretty quick,so if your son is wrestling in the state tournament and needs drinks or snacks make sure he has them in his bag.
hope that was helpful.

Raider92
Park your care at the hotel and uber back and forth to the arena. It will make your life much easier than parking.

AldenPride
My suggestion is don't worry about any of it. Go with the flow its all part of the ecperience. Enjoy the wrestling and an unforgettable memory with your son. We waited 5 years to get there and it is everything you can imagine and more.
Page 1 of 1