Kropman got screwed View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kropman got screwed

the kind one
Wow, just wow. When adults can’t do their jobs, it shouldn’t cost a kid a chance at a state title!

ringworm2000
what happened?

Heisenberg
He got taken down with 4 seconds left off a restart.

Oldskool
I was rooting for him but didnt seem to get screwed.

duddems
Expand?

the kind one
Kropman up 3-1....gets hit with stall call with 4 seconds left. Grippi gets in and completed a TD but the ref with the towel was def late to hit the main official. The spectrum stream had no time clock, but the commentator said there was 4 seconds left. By using my iPhone stopwatch the towel ref didn’t hit the ref for a full 5 seconds, making the TD happening when time expired.

Mayo08
the kind one wrote:
Kropman up 3-1....gets hit with stall call with 4 seconds left. Grippi gets in and completed a TD but the ref with the towel was def late to hit the main official. The spectrum stream had no time clock, but the commentator said there was 4 seconds left. By using my iPhone stopwatch the towel ref didn’t hit the ref for a full 5 seconds, making the TD happening when time expired.

This is accurate. I had a great angle... Time hit :00 before the takedown was completed (both wrestlers on the mat)

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

duddems
Damn...thats hard to accept. What a shame

duddems
I assume theres no dispute/review system in place to get the kid what he earned? Course not👍

BJB7
Mayo08 wrote:
the kind one wrote:

This is accurate. I had a great angle... Time hit :00 before the takedown was completed (both wrestlers on the mat)

I saw a video today I believe on the Section 1 wrestling news site and it showed Grippi spinning behind and then getting Kropman's legs and the ref awarding 2 then getting hit by the towel tapper.

Kropman got a generous imminent 2 back points in his quarterfinall as a navy ride isn't a turn it's a ride.

WrestlerofthePast
https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high-school/wrestling/2018/02/24/wrestling-seven-section-1-reach-new-york-state-finals/369968002/

Livinginthepast
I was there, live, and there was 1-second showing on clock when ref put hand up in the air for the '2.' Kropman controlled the match until :30 left on the clock. Then he stopped wrestling. He will be a 2-time state champ at a minimum before he is done. Hard lesson to learn but pound for pound: one of the best in our section and possibly the state. 3 more years of watching him...

phoenix16
Definitely one to watch for the future - great wrestler - very nice kid

duddems
On the vid it looked legit IF the ref was hit w the towel at :00?

duddems
But it looked like kropman had stopped? Whats going on w Parker Kropman...he hasnt been in binhamtons lineuo fir a while...is he hurt?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next