Duddems's observations after watching states a couple times View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Duddems's observations after watching states a couple times

duddems
1) jaden scott is really good...better than i had thought. Hes an immediate threat to all in the state if he wasnt already.

2)section v has some serious young talent and we should content for team title at states in next couple years.

3)Kropman wrestled a great tournament, hes a stud...he did not get screwed, he gave a match away. He will b back and obviously threaten to win it all from now on.

4)sammy deprez may have been screwed with multiple stall points giving his match to

ringworm2000
duddems wrote:
1) jaden scott is really good...better than i had thought. Hes an immediate threat to all in the state if he wasnt already.

2)section v has some serious young talent and we should content for team title at states in next couple years.

3)Kropman wrestled a great tournament, hes a stud...he did not get screwed, he gave a match away. He will b back and obviously threaten to win it all from now on.

4)sammy deprez may have been screwed with multiple stall points giving his match to

My observations after reading your post....you are very good at pointing out the obvious.

duddems
Hush puppy, now beat it. Hadnt heard anyone state that deprez got screwed and set it straighf bout kropman. Why dont u plint out the educated intricasies you took away as the leading expert...

duddems
Wouldnt want to point out the obvious to herpesboy but in case anyone missed the tv coverage of the states, semis and finals are on demand through spectrum cable under 'high school wrestling'.

WrestlerofthePast
There was TV coverage? When and what channel?

Oldskool
Nope, you had to live stream on Spectrum.

lockedhands91
I saw some questionable calls
No back points awarded in the 145lb. match , although not a good camera angle.
And a stalemate call nearing the end of the 113 match when one kid was holding onto an ankle while the other was almost escaping. definitely never saw that before

BJB7
You need to watch more high level wrestling. The stalemate call in the 30/30 is the correct call.

Oldskool
BJB7 wrote:
You need to watch more high level wrestling. The stalemate call in the 30/30 is the correct call.

Correct

BULL80
duddems wrote:

Can you expound on #2 are you talking D1 or D2 or both combined, and what young talent do you see standing out next year.

Falcs96
It's a stupid rule, but the correct call was made because the refs were following the rule.

So a kid could go onto the 30/30 with 2 stall warnings on him prior, and they magically get washed away. Yet it's still the SAME MATCH!!

Now I have no problem whatsoever with Greg winning the match, because he pushed the pace and I always think those kids deserve the wins when they do that. But that's still besides the point. It's a dumb OT rule.
Page 1 of 1