Jacoutot Named Assistant Coach of the Year View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Jacoutot Named Assistant Coach of the Year

wrestlinggrandpa
Bill Jacoutot is doing for SUNY Brockport's program what he did for the Spencerport program. He is a great coach and mentor, and brings out the best from his wrestlers.

Congratulations Coach Jacoutot!

duddems
Coaching legend

WrestlerofthePast
I assume he is next in line if Murray ever retires?

duddems
I think he would be there IF he was interested. I wonder if he even has the dedire to be head coach. Murray has extensive accolades in a long and successful career but i bet Jacutout can have any coaching job he wanted. I think he probably loves the sport and wants to stay involved but he sacrificed a lot pouring his blood,sweat,tears into coaching at spencyville. This is all speculation but he probably wants to focus on his family, kids, grandkids...etc? He had an immediate impact ay suny brockport when they couldnt recruit much talent anymore...he really helped murray when he was in a rough spot . I renember Murray dismissing his entire team a few yrs ago and starting kids that werent the best wrestlers at the school...Jacatout helped them get tough again. Credit to coach J and coach Murray, those guys have accomplished a lot in the sport. When recruiting was a serious issue for brockport, coach J really helped.

WrestlerofthePast
You seem to know him quite well and I agree with everything you have to say. How is Billy Jr. doing? Is he teaching/coaching in NJ still?

the kind one
As far as I know, Jacoutout Jr no longer coaches and had accepted a job as a principal. He had built a nice program at Monroe Township in NJ.

duddems
I havent talked to the Jacutouts in a few yrs so i cant really say. He is a supernice guy and one legend of a coach. If i see him its fishing.

WrestlerofthePast
https://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/sports/high-school/wrestling/2017/06/15/jacoutot-resigns-monroe-wrestling-coach-become-vice-principal/398413001/

Ihavegout
Headed west for a reason...Spencyville
Page 1 of 1