Next Season View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Next Season

Ihavegout
TribeMom wrote:
With the state tournament marking the last hurrah for some incredible seniors, let's forget about Marty's rantings and how Kropman may or may not have been screwed, and talk about 2019's top DI and D2 wrestlers.

Started negative from the start.....as for reposting a list
of the remaining underclassmates...no thought went into about things
changing...ie...weight class next year...the rise of 7th and
8th graders coming into next seon...dork...as Steve Wilkos would
say...GET OFF MY STAGE.

But the odd thing? ...I hope you copy and pasted that
list and didn't spend too.... much time typing it out...

Ihavegout
I apolgize to tribe mom to reading oldskool2 nonsense...
any predictions for the D2 for 2019 season...oldschool1?

Falcs96
Depends on your weight. If you are in the mid-to-upper weight and have 3 years left, the yeah, you got a good chance. But the lower weights? You're the same age as about 20 other studs.

TribeMom
No need to apologize--some of us come here to talk about wrestling, because we love the sport and know how special Section V is. Some people come with chips on their shoulders--I find the pettiness and drama entertaining--at least when it's confined to the forums and not sitting next to me at Supers.

duddems
Wersinger gets it done next two years

Oldskool
Ihavegout wrote:
I apolgize to tribe mom to reading oldskool2 nonsense...
any predictions for the D2 for 2019 season...oldschool1?

Just "Oldskool". Theres alot of pretenders out there. I started with a cut and paste, but then took out all seniors.

wrestlinggrandpa
duddems wrote:
Wersinger gets it done next two years

I agree Mason has a real good shot at being a state champ before he's done. He would have placed this year if he hadn't got slammed to the mat and wasn't able to continue.

duddems
Yea he got knocked out cold, ref was clueless and called a pin. It was very unfortunate as i belueve he wouldve wrestled back to 3rd)4th. Was just a fluke. Mason is really good, i like him to win that tourn at least once. He will b a good college wrestler too if he chooses to move on after high school, he probky will because itll pay for his school somewhere. Great kid

wrestlinggrandpa
duddems wrote:
Yea he got knocked out cold, ref was clueless and called a pin. It was very unfortunate as i belueve he wouldve wrestled back to 3rd)4th. Was just a fluke. Mason is really good, i like him to win that tourn at least once. He will b a good college wrestler too if he chooses to move on after high school, he probky will because itll pay for his school somewhere. Great kid

Yes and either way he would have placed 3rd; if he beats Realbuto in the rematch he wins outright, if he loses he still places 3rd because Realbuto can't take podium for NYSPHSAA because he was from CHSAA.

duddems
Crappy reffing to be clueless to the ko and ruling a fall...but im sure they wouldnt hav e had him continue anyway.

ringworm2000
wrestlinggrandpa wrote:
duddems wrote:

Yes and either way he would have placed 3rd; if he beats Realbuto in the rematch he wins outright, if he loses he still places 3rd because Realbuto can't take podium for NYSPHSAA because he was from CHSAA.

This can't take podium thing is a joke...if I lost and they told me to go stand on the podium no way would I do that. Either don't let the CHSAA wrestle in the states or let them take the podium, you win or you lose. The winner is on the podium. Only in NYS would something like this happen.

Oldskool
Its happened for years.

wrestlinggrandpa
ringworm2000 wrote:
wrestlinggrandpa wrote:
duddems wrote:

This can't take podium thing is a joke...if I lost and they told me to go stand on the podium no way would I do that. Either don't let the CHSAA wrestle in the states or let them take the podium, you win or you lose. The winner is on the podium. Only in NYS would something like this happen.

I hear you. But those are the "rules". I think it is a money issue. The cost of having 2 tournaments one with CHSAA (Federation) and one without (NYSPHSAA) apparently is too much for NYS to fund. This way they "combine" both in one tournament and 2 medals are given out for those that placed in both. I'm guessing you are an adult looking at this through that lens. The teenager version of you just might take the podium as your family would still be proud of your accomplishments and taking pictures of you on the podium.

LImarty
ONE STATE.

Ridiculous.....lunacy. REGIONALize and this ALL goes away.

wrestlinggrandpa
LImarty wrote:
ONE STATE.

Ridiculous.....lunacy. REGIONALize and this ALL goes away.

Marty, I think you may be confusing issues here. I'm quite aware you want to regionalize because you believe this will alleviate your concern about getting the best wrestlers to states. But I do believe there are concerns by athletic directors that CHSAA (and maybe PSAL?) can recruit wrestlers from different states or even across school districts which may give them an unfair advantage competitively.
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next