Do you prefer freestyle wresting or Greco Roman wrestling? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Do you prefer freestyle wresting or Greco Roman wrestling?

tupacshakaur
Hello,

They both have positives and negatives that even out in the end for me. I prefer freestyle simply because I was much better at it and was decent at par tere offense off of transitions.
But just because greco isn't as "complex" doesn't mean it doesn't have its benefits. The main one (IMO) being learning how to handfight, be tight and pummel at an extremely high level, because not handfighting/pummeling well means getting launched on your head, not just scored on. A skill that translates to every kind of grappling, gi or nogi.
I don't have a great guard, a terrible open guard, but my half guard is somewhat decent because I usually win the underhook battle, gi or nogi, because of the greco I did along with just being in a college wrestling room.What Do you prefer freestyle wresting or Greco Roman wrestling?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/do-you-prefer-freestyle-wresting-or-greco-roman-wrestling.3044875/
real estate video

Thanks
Page 1 of 1