Pick the upset(s)- NCAA DI Nationals View previous topic | View next topic

Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Pick the upset(s)- NCAA DI Nationals

quickpick
"Like most IMBECILEs you respond uninformed. More wrestlers who have aspired to go to TOP DI Programs have gone never to climb up on DI Podium and many were back home in less than 2 yrs without any inkling of attaining a College degree afterwards. This IS FACT.

As far as Piccininni goes- hope , for his sake he is not just another statistic.

IMO- He will have to get much bigger to be a College 125 lber- and much better. Mind you that I have followed his career since he was in 8th gr."

Marty,
Found this post from you from March of 2015.....just sayin. I know Vito beat Suriano in HS but not sure if it was Suriano's last HS loss.

duddems
BULL80 wrote:
Being upsets they are all reach matches, biggest reach IMO is Tsirtis but i think he is peaking at the right time and he lives for the close matches.

133 Mueller over Desanto & Micic

141 Zacherl over Eierman

149 Tsirtis over Deakin and Sorensen

165 Campbell over Walsh & Wanzek
Massa over Mcfadden

197 Rasheed over Macchiavello

No way on Tsirtis...hes washed up...look at how bad some of his losses are. I know he won the whole thing as a freshman but that was before he turned into the ncaa's biggest mess. And Eirman decks Zacherl all day.

duddems
Can Yanni gut it out at 141 is the question? It will b a physical gring like nothing hes had to do. I like his chances but very tslented weightclass.

duddems
Im sure ringworm is itching 😂 to point out my typos...but hey, im at work posting quick off my phone...

Falcs96
I do not see Campbell beating Walsh. Walsh is real good!! In fact, think he's gonna give Martinez all he can handle.

ringworm2000
quickpick wrote:
"Like most IMBECILEs you respond uninformed. More wrestlers who have aspired to go to TOP DI Programs have gone never to climb up on DI Podium and many were back home in less than 2 yrs without any inkling of attaining a College degree afterwards. This IS FACT.

As far as Piccininni goes- hope , for his sake he is not just another statistic.

IMO- He will have to get much bigger to be a College 125 lber- and much better. Mind you that I have followed his career since he was in 8th gr."

Marty,
Found this post from you from March of 2015.....just sayin. I know Vito beat Suriano in HS but not sure if it was Suriano's last HS loss.

OMG quickpick that is awesome. I was hoping someone would find that....LIMarty it's time to tap out...just do it....you lost and your exposed as the hypocrite you are.

LImarty
quick,

AGREE on Piccininni...as far as size. BETTER...??? hmmm ??? He did AA last year and he won the BIG 12 Championship this year with a win over Cruz. He has a legitimate shot here IF, he gets by Lee...and faces Tomasello. I don't see him beating Suriano. Though, Tomasello will be about 140+ lbs on Saturday.

Right on Vito beating Suriano ...Suriano a graduating senior -Vito an incoming senior.

Yes, MOST who go to top WRESTLING programs- away from NY- seem to come back in less than two yrs...for many reasons. A majority fail to attain good fortune at the next level. Want me to name the role call of MULTIPLE X NYS Champs- who nevered AA'd or held on to a starting position ...??? ANSWER: MOST since Nickerson Glenn, Gillespie, Gwiz, and Dake

ringding.

TAP OUT ?? WHY ?? For waking up a dead Forum ...LOL !!! Topics on most of these Forums have Parents-thinking they know something- Most never sweating ever in their life until they have to install an air conditioner.

duddems
LImarty wrote:
quick,

AGREE on Piccininni...as far as size. BETTER...??? hmmm ??? He did AA last year and he won the BIG 12 Championship

Right on Vito beating Suriano ...Suriano a graduating senior -Vito an incoming senior.

Yes, MOST who go to top WRESTLING programs- away from NY- seem to come back in less than two yrs...for many reasons. A majority fail to attain good fortune at the next level. Want me to name the role call of MULTIPLE X NYS Champs- who nevered AA'd or held on to a starting position ...???

I was very surprised to see vito redshirt for cornell lthis year...i know its typical of true freshman at D1 level but vito is awesome...i thought he was ready like yanni. Cornells 133 (tucker) is real good, i wonder if thats why ? Vito wouldve been an instant impact similar to yanni imo.

TAP OUT ?? WHY ?? For waking up a dead Forum ...LOL !!! Topics on most of these Forums have Parents-thinking they know something- Most never sweating ever in their life until they have to install an air conditioner.

duddems
LImarty wrote:
quick,

AGREE on Piccininni...as far as size. BETTER...??? hmmm ??? He did AA last year and he won the BIG 12 Championship

Yes, MOST who go to top WRESTLING programs- away from NY- seem to come back in less than two yrs...for many reasons. A majority fail to attain good fortune at the next level. Want me to name the role call of MULTIPLE X NYS Champs- who nevered AA'd or held on to a starting position ...???

Its a long list marty but that just speaks for the truly elite level of D1 wrestling....figure in injuries, classes and exams, girls, drugs etc...lotta corpses out there. I feel like its really hard to not burn out in this sport after what it already took to b a high school champion. The physical toll, mental toll, the pressure, expectations etc...

I was very surprised to see vito redshirt for cornell lthis year...i know its typical of true freshman at D1 level but vito is awesome...i thought he was ready like yanni. Cornells 133 (tucker) is real good, i wonder if thats why ? Vito wouldve been an instant impact similar to yanni imo.

bigkidsdad
It is futile, Marty never admits his mistakes, he doggedly powers forward ignoring all facts, and the most important fact that he speaks poorly about many young men. He has been one of Picininni's detractors since he was in high school, but when you speak from both sides of your mouth you can have a post here or there saying something positive, I can assure you from here last year before Picc placed at NCAA (just open the thread "we need numbers" from last year) and on LIWA just a few years ago Marty has been a big Piccinni detractor. And yes he (Nicky)is a personal and family friend of mine and my oldest sons' (and I a friend of his parents Anthony and Lauren), and yes Piccinni is one of the guys whom Marty spoke poorly of, and because he was in HS at the time, and because he was a kid at the time, and most importantly a teammate and friend I remember clearly what he said, and was hurt by his comments. But Marty will make some stupid remark in all caps, followed by an exclamation point or two, then call me a name, never address what he said, and then barrel roll another high school kid (which is what pisses me off most about the little maggot) in an attempt to validate his useless commentary. Anyhow great job uncovering the hypocrisy of the vapid commentator, but I doubt it will make him tone down his comments.

LImarty
FUNNY....Every time I have spoken to Piccininni- he was always accepting and gracious. Actually, he liked what I do...or did.

PS....BTW. This is COLLEGE WRESTLING- it isn't the EDUCATIONAL KOMBAYA SECTION. Blowing smoke up 20 somethns rear ends is hazardous to their health. Telling them what it is- always, seems to be the BEST medicine.

Hofstra Wrestling should be DEAD and buried. Stony Brook should be a DI Program. Anything else......well, NYS Wrestling has declined so far that it will be AMAZING if any wrestlers will have to worry about being a DI recruit.

The PUSSIFICATION of the youth - cant be blamed on me. Some of you should look in the mirror

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
quick,

AGREE on Piccininni...as far as size. BETTER...??? hmmm ??? He did AA last year and he won the BIG 12 Championship this year with a win over Cruz. He has a legitimate shot here IF, he gets by Lee...and faces Tomasello. I don't see him beating Suriano. Though, Tomasello will be about 140+ lbs on Saturday.

Marty,

It was YOUR quote, not mine. This was three years ago almost to the day where you basically said he didn't have a chance. As far as our talent not producing at the next level, you have NO IDEA what it takes to succeed at that level. Props to those that are succeeding at the next level regardless of level DI, DII, DIII, NWCA, NAIA, and NJCAA and good luck this weekend and next!

bigkidsdad
Quickpick he has already typed his next post, he hasn't the aptitude to understand those were his words, maybe like my mom who unfortunately is aging out, he doesn't remember what he says, anyhow don't expect a reasoned response.

duddems
Oldskool wrote:
Desanto has to get past Mueller first.

That one will be intense.

LImarty
quick,

Mine is very simple. Approx. 18 yrs ago some NYS Finalists would be introduced prior to their match- and the public announcer would read their future aspirations - without mentioning names some would say that they would be attending Iowa- or other high profile wrestling establishments...and we would laugh to each other. I saw Tom Shifflet/ Hofstra recruit a kid who was a pretty good wrestler yet, he was soft as a marsh mellow. We knew this- See, I'm for all the wrestlers to achieve a degree and/or have the best chance of furthering their wrestling career- Preferably, a starting positioning at a DI institution with the chance of attaining a degree but, most fail to recognize their level of ability as wrestlers and without the focus of getting a diploma.

My thoughts have always been with the success of their future. I was a student/athlete that made a WRONG decision in choosing a University that was too academically competitive for a two sport athlete such as myself. So, I am the first to tell an athlete- of their challenges that he will face at a top athletic institution . Many find this out too late- pack their bags and they are home. Many never getting back to school and attaining a degree. Choose wisely- is very hard for a bolstered up ego of a successful 18 yr old athlete. Most parents buy into the clippings and walk around with their heads up their butt.

I watched MANY over the years- who decided by scholarship yet, never to make the Team or remain on the Team. Makes more sense to choose a Junior College or DIII - economically, emotionally, and with practicality. New York State Wrestling does not have the STRENGTH Nationally as it once did. So, even our best prospects are suspect choosing DI institutions. IMO- Most today will not do the extra to raise their game- only a select few- might. FEW being the definitive word.

So, please do not take my words out of context- understand my unique sensibility when I post. It isn't to discourage- it is to see something that others are missing. - CLARITY is one of my strongest attributes.

ps. You know Spencer Lee /Iowa (fr) is gonna turn 20 this yr. When I was a frosh- I had just turned 18. Piccininni like most NYS wrestlers in college- are a year younger as true freshmen than many others. physically immature - and most not knowing , willing, able to learn how to grow physically and then to do the "suck" unlike most journeymen wrestlers who are usually ranked in the the Top 4 in each weight. What does NATO weigh off the mat ??? How many NYS Multiple time State Champs were home in less than 2 yrs of their commitment ??? That is the real issue.

and btw. While many are concerned about "weight"....I am more focused on the inequality of age . An extra yr or two is a DEFINITE ADVANTAGE. Boy vs Man.
Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next