Old School - View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Old School -

LImarty
@141 lbs... true Freshmen Kyle Dake / Cornell would stifle true freshmen Yianni Diakomiholis/ Cornell ......score would be low- 3-0....3-1. No takedowns. Dake possibly scoring on a missed Yianni attempt- Dake riding the snot out of Yianni with over 3:00 minutes of riding time. Score would be close but, the match would never be in doubt. Dake's riding ability the true difference in result.

When comparing Champions- look at their opponent's successes-

bigblowhard,

How many ALL PRO Football players from Long Island in the past 20-30 yrs- and what year did they graduate HS.

How many CY YOUNG/ ALL STAR PRO Baseball players from Long Island in the past 20-30 years and what year did they graduate ???

Tennis (Macnroe) ??? Bowling (Petraglia) ?? Lacrosse (Urso) ???

BTW - Basketball...lol.... Jeff Ruland, Mitch Kupchak, Wally Zerbiack, Julius Irving.......

LOL !!! One family from Union Endicott , NY- is you best argument. The Jones Family. John (MMA), Arthur(Pro-Football), Chandler (Pro Football)

You aren't even a poster who has reached the big leagues.

Last edited by LImarty on Mar 28, 2018; edited 1 time in total

bigkidsdad
Yawn, you are such a tool. For the last time extolling Kyle Dakes' record need not be done at the expense of Yanni. Finally even with your limited ability to comprehend, you understand that is your opinion, and even if it's a popular opinion it's still an opinion not a fact.

Last edited by bigkidsdad on Mar 28, 2018; edited 1 time in total

LImarty
Opinion ???

Ask Boomer Esaison- if, it is opinion that he was an ALL PRO quarterback- or - is it FACT

KEEP WAVING THE FLAG !!!!

ps. All the guys I mentioned- that were mid '70s/ late '70s Long Island athletes were my CONTEMPORARIES - many of us went round the clock - season to season - sport to sport from when we were peewees all the way to college. Some doing two at a time. Some going to College playing both sports. This isn't OPINION- this is FACT. There wasn't a huge differences in ability, skill, speed....mostly genetics was the differentiating factor. NUMBERs- and a SOCIETY that was pro chauvinistic - pro contact sport. THIS TODAY IS NOT EVEN A PALE REFLECTION OF THAT ENVIRONMENT . So, I will find it hard to believe that what I'm seeing- is just more tasteful to watch...because of the rules in place. TRUST ME- Kyle Dake would never lose to Yianni- and this isn't a negative on Yianni.

Lastly, this is only an OPINION. The root cause for most descending sociological changes on Long Island athletics is SINGLE PARENT families. Which has ascended since the '80s. Divorce/ separation is and has not been helpful toward the internal make-up of a young man or woman. The internal passion - the love of winning without accepting defeat seems to be a FATHER thing...sometimes visually abusive yet, very effective.

Last edited by LImarty on Mar 28, 2018; edited 1 time in total

bigkidsdad
Yes sir opinion is an opinion and comes from you, you can state an opinion as a fact but that doesn't make it so. So if you want to start the Marty show, and state your opinion maybe one or two people will watch it. Problem is you think you still think you are at Flo, and your opinion is a relevant. There was a reason you were fired and it was because you really didn't know what you were saying. You were salacious to the point of getting people interested, but that sword cuts both ways. You have the same problem here. You spark interest in people because you say things that are outlandish no different then a morning shock jock on the radio station, unfortunately for you there is nothing other than your shock value. You have no depth, no morals to guide you, and you're only interest is getting attention. Just like a two-year-old their are many ways to get attention, you only learned to do so with bad behavior. That's why you were fired from flo, because other than the controversy there was nothing of interest you were saying. You think your wrestling's version of Stephen A Smith, trust me you're not.

LImarty
lol.

You do bring a smile to my face. How can anyone know- so little...lol.

FLO- "truth". They didn't pay me with any reciprocation while they had sponsors- from NYS and actual paid sponsors (Tap-out). FIRED ...??? LOL. sorry, I REQUESTED PAYMENT and they ran.

Yes, many of my opinions are created from years of competition and the viewing of many GREAT athletes. No doubt.

BUT,

You cant erase the NAMEs mentioned from the record books. MORE points to the past- only- a challenged person would assume otherwise.

bigkidsdad
Look, simple, your business with Flo is just that your business. If you brought value to your organization they would have found a way to keep you, that wasn't the case, but that's not this thread. This and every thread you have had for 10 years began and ended with NY's slippery slide. You don't want to accept NCAA all American status (up to the beginning of this thread you did) to prove your point now you want to argue all other contact sport scholarships as your new level of proof, I am unwilling to look it up. You moved the bar one too many times, I suggest if you want to argue that point you might want to go on another site. This website is devoted to wrestling and unlike you, I see promise in the future. I hope and pray there never comes a day when I sound as negative as you. No amount of proof will be accepted by you, no amount of testimony by college coaches or Olympians will deter you from your chicken little summaries of NY wrestling, so why do you post? Do you truly believe like David Koresh god speaks to you? Do you have a divinity for wrestling? Do you really think anyone is reacting to anything other then your insipid behavior towards kids? I for one do not care one bit except for your constant name dropping where you disrespect a high school athlete, or when you act like you had something to do with the success of an athlete you had nothing to do with. Your rants are what they are, something you need to do with your life to feel important. So since you are unwilling to discuss any facts, why don't you just come on and say what you have to say w/o name dropping one way or the other? Is it because the only way you get attention is when you behave badly? If so please pay a prostitute to spank you while you are in a diaper, no one wants to hear you bash kids here or anywhere. For my part I will gladly disregard your commentary if you aren't commenting poorly on high school kids.

duddems
LImarty wrote:
Opinion ???

Ask Boomer Esaison- if, it is opinion that he was an ALL PRO quarterback- or - is it FACT

KEEP WAVING THE FLAG !!!!

ps. All the guys I mentioned- that were mid '70s/ late '70s Long Island athletes were my CONTEMPORARIES - many of us went round the clock - season to season - sport to sport from when we were peewees all the way to college. Some doing two at a time. Some going to College playing both sports. This isn't OPINION- this is FACT. There wasn't a huge differences in ability, skill, speed....mostly genetics was the differentiating factor. NUMBERs- and a SOCIETY that was pro chauvinistic - pro contact sport. THIS TODAY IS NOT EVEN A PALE REFLECTION OF THAT ENVIRONMENT . So, I will find it hard to believe that what I'm seeing- is just more tasteful to watch...because of the rules in place. TRUST ME- Kyle Dake would never lose to Yianni- and this isn't a negative on Yianni.

Lastly, this is only an OPINION. The root cause for most descending sociological changes on Long Island athletics is SINGLE PARENT families. Which has ascended since the '80s. Divorce/ separation is and has not been helpful toward the internal make-up of a young man or woman. The internal passion - the love of winning without accepting defeat seems to be a FATHER thing...sometimes visually abusive yet, very effective.

JMO...kyle dake does lose to yanni as a true freshman. Kyle dake Absolutely Did Not navigate his way through an epically loaded bracket with a torn ACL. Hell no...yanni takes Dake out even injured ...so does Meredith possibly, and mayb even Mckenna. Talk about Dake's bracket freshman year PLEASE!!!

duddems
If you compare yanni's career accolades prior to freshman year to dake's...its like an Aston Martin next to a Chevy Cruze...no disrespect to Dake who has outperformed his projections and is an american wrestling hero. But theres never been anyone with the accolades and experience of Yanni...maybe Cary Kolat?

LImarty
easy , easy duddems !!!

Be careful . The successes of each individual performer is solely based on his opponents. Owning David Taylor and within pts of Burroughs - is significantly different than Meredeth.

I stand by my TRUE FRESHMEN hypothetical match-up. Dake imo shuts down Yianni . btw- Nationally over the years- names like Nate and Jimmy Carr along with others IMO would benefit by today's rules and styles. A wrestler like Jack Cuvo would have been ALL WORLD if, wrestling today.

Lastly, the major difference between Dake and Yianni. .....is RIDING. Both counter well and have gumby like tendencies. Both are cerebral competitors- yet, Dake would own Yianni on the mat.

ps. DO NOT COMPARE ANYONE FROM NEW YORK TO CARY KOLAT....not, for the last 35-40 yrs.

Historical FACT during a 10-20 yr period has Long Island athletes superior to MOST who have come later. (late '60s- mid-'80s). Wrestling- Jesse Jantzen is the only exception... maybe, Adam Mariano. Any other Sport fails to find better today than yesterday. It shouldn't even be an argument. My opinion , shows direct correlation to multiple successes in most sports at different levels...Collegian, Olympic, Pro. Though, it is FACT that the current women's athletics is superior today than yesterday. Again, more about numbers and Title IX

BULL80
You do know there is an interview with Koll this year and Koll said yianni would win, I’ll go with the coach that knows them the best and say Yianni.

https://youtu.be/CxByxibhMKs

bigkidsdad
Dudems, tag your it!

Really sorry but you might need this little crib sheet when posting to Marty.

Fact = Marty's Opinion
Historical Fact = Marty's Opinion but even he knows it not verifiable
All caps = Marty needs more fiber in his diet, gas pains coming out through his fingers.

I also find most if not all the people I know could use some brain cell reduction when having a discussion on this forum with LIMarty. My preference is Irish Whiskey (Jameson for example) others like Vodka, but whatever your choice copious quantities are usually necessary for the appropriate reduction in cognitive abilities.

Good Luck

duddems
BULL80 wrote:
You do know there is an interview with Koll this year and Koll said yianni would win, I’ll go with the coach that knows them the best and say Yianni.

https://youtu.be/CxByxibhMKs

Thank You Bull!

duddems
bigkidsdad wrote:
Dudems, tag your it!

Really sorry but you might need this little crib sheet when posting to Marty.

Fact = Marty's Opinion
Historical Fact = Marty's Opinion but even he knows it not verifiable
All caps = Marty needs more fiber in his diet, gas pains coming out through his fingers.

I also find most if not all the people I know could use some brain cell reduction when having a discussion on this forum with LIMarty. My preference is Irish Whiskey (Jameson for example) others like Vodka, but whatever your choice copious quantities are usually necessary for the appropriate reduction in cognitive abilities.

Good Luck

Ur killin me ...lol. marty just loves to be that guy. Its like arguing w a rock. Anyway he knows lots of historical stuff...but i wouldnt want the job of varifying it all.

duddems
Honestly....i just believe yannis much more advanced and superior technique, combined with his world class experience....tops dakes competitive heart of gold and work ethic. Either way, they are two of the best wrestlers of all time. To me, yanni will b like a john smith, or a cael sanderson level of legendary athlete if continues to love what hes doing and stays physi uI'mcally in tact. I think an old school brute like Frank Deangelis just gives uo too much technique to a stud like yanni. Now a street fight would be a different story. Wrestling continues to get more technical. I could b wrong here but i dont think that those old gladiators were exposed to top national and i ternational competition the way guys like yanni/vito have?

LImarty
VERIFIABLE ....LOL !!! ????

I am here to REMIND those who think Wrestling and other sports didnt just start last week.....lol.

FACT IS. The modern day athlete has been pretty consistent since the early '60s. The introduction of African American and Latino ball players changed the game yet, a 4.5- 40 yd dash has remained pretty constant since the '60s. Most of the other stuff - is based on RULES- STYLES.

Wrestling in the '60s was boring as hell....especially, when guys road legs. They would put the boots in and stall out periods...No, stale mates- no stalling. The '70s wasn't much different yet, the numbers increased and those who could ride and use their neutral skills seemed to be boss. Remember it was the "baby boom" generation. Long Island schools had graduating classes -anywhere from 800 to 2000. '74-'75-'76-'77 - the cusp of enrollment. Again, full wrestling squads - Junior High, JV, Varsity- all with wrestle-offs. In a society that was contact sport friendly....No one cared about concussions- and- matches were always stopped for bloody noses. SKILLs- learned as peewees- continued through High School. Practices were 3 hrs long- and- then you went to open mats at another school. A wrestler like Jeff Thomas- was made to do 1000 push-ups, 1000 pull ups, and 1000 sit-ups every day by his father. Parents for the most part weren't friends- they were disciplinarians and drill sergeants .PS....still to this day. I have never seen a more dominant HS wrestler at 100 lbs- than Jeff Thomas/ Huntington HS- 2x nys champ- a complete stud. 5'4", and square. He AA'd at Michigan in "78 (??) along with his former HS team mate Mike Piccozzi Arizona St

FACT is......ALL the athletes I mentioned are historical HS. College, PRO stars which was COMMON- yes, COMMON - not something that was unique. My senior year in '74-'75 Football . Holy Family (St Anthonys -now) was the Parochial school champion- they are located in S. Huntington. Walt Whitman was the AAA Suffolk Co. Champion - S. Huntington. Huntington HS was the AA Champion and Syosset HS was the Nassau Co Champion.....FOUR LARGE HIGH SCHOOLs separated by no more than 3 miles. ALL CROWNED CHAMPIONs. -7- DI -Scholaships just from the backfield (s) . Tom Donovan PSU, Kurt Sohn, NC St, Joe Puca Cinn, Kevin Mannix OSU, Matt Kupec NC, Dave Loehle New Hampshire, Mike Heiser Alabama (tore ACL). Everybody else seemed to find a place in JUCO. DII and DIII. I played Football and Baseball in Albany, NY.....Kurt Sohn became a NY Jet- for 5-6 yrs. He was always 1- 2 steps faster than me ...lol.

btw. Walt Whitman HS had a 40 yr NYS record in Baseball - being undefeated 29-0 . My back-up at shortstop Rich Thompson went on to pitch for the Montreal Expo's and the Cleveland Indians- struck out Don Mattingly 2- times...lol. Our catcher Rich Lundgren was the #1 pick by the NY Yankees - in the HS sup draft. He chose Finance and Amherst College....Mind you ,THEY weren't the best on the Team. Mike Heiser won the Yazstremski Award- emblematic of the best baseball player on Long Island....btw- I was co-captain..lol.

COMMON.....nothing unusual back in the day. Lastly, I don't ever want people to talk about BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER....especially, when Jose Altuve is the major league MVP- Back in the day- WHITE BOYS were hungry. Today, they seem to be attached to mommy's nipple.

ps. Keep listening to bigtype2diabetes about things being better. VERIFIABLE ?????? Every name mentioned , record of scholarship and pro accountability is 100% accurate- ask your phone. lol
Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next