wrestling under the lights View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
wrestling under the lights

rct5151
are there any more summer tournaments that happen under the lights on a football or soccer field?

backsuplex
While I think that wrestling under the lights is a cool idea, it really isn't practical unless is in the desert.

Humidity and condensation are the 2 factors leading to impractibility even big fans don't help
Mats get slippery

I was involved with one in an area with low humidity, 15% during the day but it crept up to 35% in the evening Condensation made decentbwrestling impossible

Not a good idea for upstate NY in the summer-maybe in Las Vegas

Mayo08
backsuplex wrote:
While I think that wrestling under the lights is a cool idea, it really isn't practical unless is in the desert.

Humidity and condensation are the 2 factors leading to impractibility even big fans don't help
Mats get slippery

I was involved with one in an area with low humidity, 15% during the day but it crept up to 35% in the evening Condensation made decentbwrestling impossible

Outdoor wrestling in general kinda stinks, imo. I took some kids to a freestyle grapple on the gridiron at Fulton, and really, nothing against the tournament because it was solid competition, but they moved it to the day time for the exact reason backsuplex mentions... and they had to shut a dark green mat down because the surface temperature tested at something I was told was around 170 degrees F... just all day, the sun beating down on the mats... next to no shade... It wasn't pleasant in my experience.

I could feel the heat burning through the soles of my shoes just standing on the mats to coach. The guys all told me they were happy they were so sweaty and slippery because it gave a little buffer to insta-burns from the mats.

That said, it was extra good incentive not to get taken down... lol.

-- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. --

Boves
backsuplex wrote:
While I think that people need this VPN and wrestling under the lights is a cool idea, it really isn't practical unless is in the desert.

Mats get slippery

Man, you paint a dreadful picture, Mayo08. That's such a bad idea. One has to wonder, how comes the organizers didn't expect this to happen?
Page 1 of 1