UB vs SIUE View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
UB vs SIUE

Crossface212
Tough loss tonight for UB. There were a few losses that I did not expect to see and Akins getting pinned definitely hurt. Great job by Derek Spann and Bryan Lantry absolutely committing felonies on the mat to try and get some of those points back for their team. Keller's loss was to a returning NCAA qualifier but I don't think Troy loses that match the next time they wrestle. I've been very impressed with Spann this year...didn't know much about him prior but he is very tough and has 2 year eligibility after this year. Nice job by Jake Lanning getting the major decision when his team needed it as well. The dual meet came down to 184 where I have seen UB list Pete Acciardi, who to my knowledge is redshirting, as their potential wrester for the last 2 dual meets but not wrestle him. Does someone know the rules regarding listing a wrestler on redshirt as a potential starter in a dual? From what I've seen of Acciardi he looks like a good wrestler and probably better than Rill but if they were going to pull his redshirt they probably wish they would have done so before tonight's dual.
Page 1 of 1