Duals to watch for this week? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Duals to watch for this week?

mattime
I'm checking the calendar and don't see any matches listed this week other than the tournaments this weekend. Am I just a week early or is the calendar not been updated yet for this year? Do the teams enter their own schedule? Or does the site administrator, once the schedules are received? We don't compete until Saturday and wanted to catch some wrestling.

thereptileguys
Blue and White night at Brockport tonight 6:30 Oliver Middle School.

BJB7
I see a bunch of Section VI teams go tonight and tomorrow the only Section V dual I see scheduled is tomorrow Eastridge @ Canandaigua.

legattack
Is blue and white wrestle offs?

thereptileguys
Don't think so.

Burkead145
thereptileguys wrote:
Blue and White night at Brockport tonight 6:30 Oliver Middle School.

Is this a modified match? Middle school location?

wnyathletics
Personally, I'll be keeping an eye on Southwestern at Fredonia tomorrow and Spencerport at St. Joe's on Thursday. A handful of good teams will wrestle between today and Thursday but I don't think most of the duals will be great...

thereptileguys
Jv kids vs jv. Some varsity vs var. And couple youth vs youth more fun than anything. But real matches.

jessefeffer
wnyathletics wrote:
Personally, I'll be keeping an eye on Southwestern at Fredonia tomorrow and Spencerport at St. Joe's on Thursday. A handful of good teams will wrestle between today and Thursday but I don't think most of the duals will be great...

Matt is right. Fredonia (Brocton/Silver Creek/Forrestville/Pine Valley) is intriguing because of the expanded roster and the effect it could have on their dual meet lineup. One kid to watch is Hunter Larson from Silver Creek (who wrestled for Dunkirk last year) who has 2 years of varsity experience and is now a freshman middleweight. He's usually been over matched but has impressed me with how well he competed the last two years. Add just one competitive wrestler from each of those schools and suddenly the lineup gets way better. They have Gardner, Russo, Wallace and Skinner at the top end and if they fill out the majority of the other weight classes with kids that are capable of winning at least half their matches, look out. Southwestern is enough of a test to get a peek at what Fredonia's lineup could do this year.
Page 1 of 1