Section 5 dual team qualifier at Hilton HS info View previous topic | View next topic

Page 5 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Section 5 dual team qualifier at Hilton HS info

quickpick
Has Spencerport ever gone to a tournament like Eastern States? Even with their best teams and some of their best wrestlers, they have never attended an individual tournament of this caliber that I can recall. They have produced consistent results (minus a few years after Jacatout), and wrestlers that place deep in the state almost every year. It hasn't stopped several guys from State place finishes or even championships. If I am the coach, why would I change that?

Falcs96
Gee, I dont know. Maybe because they've only had ONE All-State wrestler in the last 6 years?

quickpick
Falcs96 wrote:
Gee, I dont know. Maybe because they've only had ONE All-State wrestler in the last 6 years?

So why go somewhere else when you can hardly even get out of your own section?

Oldskool
Falcs doesnt like them for some reason.

Falcs96
I dont dislike Spencerport at all!

I just dont understand the logic of not putting yourself in challenging situations. If the attitude is "why go if I'll lose", then when will you ever win? A kid from Locust Valley who didnt even qualify for the state tournament last year went. He ended up beating the #1 seed, then pinning Samson to take 5th. Think anyone thought that would happen?

the kind one
Falcs96 wrote:

Actually in the last 6 years that have had 5 guys finish top 6 in the state.

ringworm2000
the kind one wrote:
Falcs96 wrote:

Actually in the last 6 years that have had 5 guys finish top 6 in the state.

Actually the last time they had a wrestler place was in 2014......5 years ago. They had two wrestlers place. They might have had 5 guys go to states since but none placed. I like the Spencerport kids (most of them) but the coaches are not very likable.

They don’t shake kids hands....they fist bump like there too good to shake a young mans hand. And the stories about Russo should be told but this thread would be deleted if they were. But anyone who watches him can tell he is an arrogant individual. I would have trouble letting my children wrestle for him. I have said it before and I’ll say it again it was G2 that helped bring this program back. Many of there best wrestlers were at G2 until they made the varsity roster and then parents were discouraged from taking them back there. Debate it....say it’s not true....but it is a fact.

faceinthemat
true about Russo... I believe he likes to be disliked. Fist bumps are a man short of a handshake and we should be raising young men.

faceinthemat
Wersinger is the only kid that will place in states for them this year, he should place top 4, and can do even better, I like him as a top 3 placer.

quickpick
Falcs96 wrote:
I dont dislike Spencerport at all!

I just dont understand the logic of not putting yourself in challenging situations. If the attitude is "why go if I'll lose", then when will you ever win? A kid from Locust Valley who didnt even qualify for the state tournament last year went. He ended up beating the #1 seed, then pinning Samson to take 5th. Think anyone thought that would happen?

So apparently his going didn't have an impact on him becoming an all-state wrestler. It's a great tournament, no one will argue that, I just don't think it will make or break a wrestler's season. As for the coaches, it doesn't really involve me but what I do know is that you get maybe 1-2 kids every 4 years or so that don't need some sort of high level youth experience in order to even qualify for the state tournament. It's not all on the high school coach and you can't make chicken salad out of chicken.......feet. They're obviously feeling the deficit of lower level wrestling and I think that has had an impact. Jacatout had Apex churning out prospects like the NYY farm team system. No one was accusing him of ducking competition when he didn't go to tournaments like Eastern States. There is much more to their lack of recent success than just one tournament.

brainiac
So, I see the MOD removed my post.
Apparently its ok for idiots who know nothing at all about the Spencerport program, the Spencerport tradition, the coaching room or the training room to come on here and bash the coaches,,and call out KIDS by name.
But when we stick up for ourselves our posts get removed.

So how about this Ringworm and Falc..worry about your own lousy programs.

Spencerport has done just fine the last 60 years and will continue to ..weve seen teams like Hilton (no shots fired at Coach Gross who I think is a excellent coach and a good guy) come and go...one thing you can vbe sure THEE SPENCERPORT RANGER WILL L BE AT THE TOP OF THE WRESTING CHARTS N SECTION 5 FOR A LONG TIME TO COME...BANK ON IT...EASY MONEY ,,WE ARE THE ONLY CONSTANT TEAM IN THE STATE..THE STATE. ..name another school in any sport that has had as much success as THEE SPENCERPORT RANGERS...then again if I had to guess you already know that ,,,you probably got ur asses waxed by the Rangers ... and don't ever criticize one of our kids again..LOSERS

ringworm2000
brainiac wrote:
So, I see the MOD removed my post.
Apparently its ok for idiots who know nothing at all about the Spencerport program, the Spencerport tradition, the coaching room or the training room to come on here and bash the coaches,,and call out KIDS by name.
But when we stick up for ourselves our posts get removed.

So how about this Ringworm and Falc..worry about your own lousy programs.

Spencerport has done just fine the last 60 years and will continue to ..weve seen teams like Hilton (no shots fired at Coach Gross who I think is a excellent coach and a good guy) come and go...one thing you can vbe sure THEE SPENCERPORT RANGER WILL L BE AT THE TOP OF THE WRESTING CHARTS N SECTION 5 FOR A LONG TIME TO COME...BANK ON IT...EASY MONEY ,,WE ARE THE ONLY CONSTANT TEAM IN THE STATE..THE STATE. ..name another school in any sport that has had as much success as THEE SPENCERPORT RANGERS...then again if I had to guess you already know that ,,,you probably got ur asses waxed by the Rangers ... and don't ever criticize one of our kids again..LOSERS

Hey Brainiac this is a message board were people go back and forth and give opinion about things. Why are you so threatening.....I have a feeling I know who you are, and if it is you I am not surprised by your anger. Spencerport is the standard over the last 30+ years for Section V wrestling no one would ever question that. But they have slipped over the last 6-8 years, even with their resurgence the last two years. But don't think Spencerport is the only school that has a highly successful sports program, it's a big state and there are many sports. Just use some common sense....oh if you are who I think you are you don't have any....lol....settle down son you get so angry so easily. Oh and BTW tell your fathers to sit in the stands and watch....kind of a joke to see them stomping around with the badges like they belong behind the ropes.

Last edited by ringworm2000 on Jan 17, 2019; edited 1 time in total

shooterMcgavin
wow i love drinking my coffee and reading this stuff on my break. braniac just remember young wrestlers are reading these posts so watch the language, i thought people from spencerport have more class than that.

brainiac
Hey Ringworm..Tough guy..Why don't you tell the fathers to sit down,,and why don't you address Mr.Lopresti about who his KID wrestles..dont worry..Ill sweep up your teeth and give them back to you.,Yea that's what I thought..No Balls ..
When you call out a KID ,I will defend him and any other kid...and your 'facts" were wrong which I pointed out.Loppresti has wrestled several top notch wrestlers this year alone..so get your facts straight..,,Spencerport is the pnly CONSTANT in New York when it comes to Wrestling teams..WE LOVE WHAT HAS BEN BUILT IN SPENCERPORT ,,MAYBE INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR COACHES AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO EMULATE OUR GREAT TRADIION other teams have some good years and fade back in to the woodwork,WERE STILL HERE..AND HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE,,,With the state that wrestling is in you clowns should be praising Spencerport and their coaches for keeping their program thriving...instead you hide behind your keyboard taking shots like a coward.

Oldskool
brainiac wrote:
Hey Ringworm..Tough guy..Why don't you tell the fathers to sit down,,and why don't you address Mr.Lopresti about who his KID wrestles..dont worry..Ill sweep up your teeth and give them back to you.,Yea that's what I thought..No Balls ..
When you call out a KID ,I will defend him and any other kid...and your 'facts" were wrong which I pointed out.Loppresti has wrestled several top notch wrestlers this year alone..so get your facts straight..,,Spencerport is the pnly CONSTANT in New York when it comes to Wrestling teams..WE LOVE WHAT HAS BEN BUILT IN SPENCERPORT ,,MAYBE INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR COACHES AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO EMULATE OUR GREAT TRADIION other teams have some good years and fade back in to the woodwork,WERE STILL HERE..AND HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE,,,With the state that wrestling is in you clowns should be praising Spencerport and their coaches for keeping their program thriving...instead you hide behind your keyboard taking shots like a coward.

I disagree that they are the only constant. Many teams have down years and rebound. S-port has had their own down years recently.
Page 5 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next