Section 5 dual team qualifier at Hilton HS info View previous topic | View next topic

Page 6 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Section 5 dual team qualifier at Hilton HS info

ringworm2000
brainiac wrote:
Hey Ringworm..Tough guy..Why don't you tell the fathers to sit down,,and why don't you address Mr.Lopresti about who his KID wrestles..dont worry..Ill sweep up your teeth and give them back to you.,Yea that's what I thought..No Balls ..
When you call out a KID ,I will defend him and any other kid...and your 'facts" were wrong which I pointed out.Loppresti has wrestled several top notch wrestlers this year alone..so get your facts straight..,,Spencerport is the pnly CONSTANT in New York when it comes to Wrestling teams..WE LOVE WHAT HAS BEN BUILT IN SPENCERPORT ,,MAYBE INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR COACHES AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO TO EMULATE OUR GREAT TRADIION other teams have some good years and fade back in to the woodwork,WERE STILL HERE..AND HAVE BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE,,,With the state that wrestling is in you clowns should be praising Spencerport and their coaches for keeping their program thriving...instead you hide behind your keyboard taking shots like a coward.

LOL....you are so angry....best matburn thread all year. When I read your post I can't help but think of Doc Holliday in Tombstone talking to the less than intelligent cowboy Ike....."I know, let's have a spelling contest"

Chill Brainiac....it is a message board.....And if you read back you'll see no one called out a Kid....actually quite the opposite. The kids is good, very good but because his coaches don't challenge him against the top local guys it may hurt him at Supers. That is not really calling out a kid. Now slow down on the coffee take a Xanax and relax.

Also I have great respect for Spencerport Wrestling, especially Coach J. As a 2000 graduate I still think my greatest wrestling accomplishment is never losing to a Spencerport wrestler....that meant more to me than anything else I did on the mat. Just because we post and ask questions and make comments does not mean we do not respect. Now get back in the stands and sit down Smile

brainiac
Ringworm..now youre showing respect..and still ur facts are wrong..Lopresti has wrestled Scott..Rabideua 2x...stepped up two weight classes and lost at Hilton..but stepped up when called upon..and was beaten by a state champ from another state..who else has faced competition like that??..He gets all the challenges he needs from Mason everyday at practice...at the end of the ay if Burgos or Sargent end up at tge top of the podium..well it will be well deserved for them..because they will have beaten a great wrestler..THATS HOW SPENCERPORT FANS view theyre opponents..If you beat my kid..I knew you had to be pretty damn good..so thet got my respect..thats how it should work..if Burgos should lose to Sargent..does that mean he didnt test himself..of course not..one kid gets to the top podium..and with any of the above mentioned..it could be one move during a match that got you there..theyre razor thin matches

faceinthemat
quickpick wrote:
Falcs96 wrote:
I dont dislike Spencerport at all!

I just dont understand the logic of not putting yourself in challenging situations. If the attitude is "why go if I'll lose", then when will you ever win? A kid from Locust Valley who didnt even qualify for the state tournament last year went. He ended up beating the #1 seed, then pinning Samson to take 5th. Think anyone thought that would happen?

So apparently his going didn't have an impact on him becoming an all-state wrestler. It's a great tournament, no one will argue that, I just don't think it will make or break a wrestler's season. As for the coaches, it doesn't really involve me but what I do know is that you get maybe 1-2 kids every 4 years or so that don't need some sort of high level youth experience in order to even qualify for the state tournament. It's not all on the high school coach and you can't make chicken salad out of chicken.......feet. They're obviously feeling the deficit of lower level wrestling and I think that has had an impact. Jacatout had Apex churning out prospects like the NYY farm team system. No one was accusing him of ducking competition when he didn't go to tournaments like Eastern States. There is much more to their lack of recent success than just one tournament.

very insightful and IMO correct post

faceinthemat
brainiac wrote:
Ringworm..now youre showing respect..and still ur facts are wrong..Lopresti has wrestled Scott..Rabideua 2x...stepped up two weight classes and lost at Hilton..but stepped up when called upon..and was beaten by a state champ from another state..who else has faced competition like that??..He gets all the challenges he needs from Mason everyday at practice...at the end of the ay if Burgos or Sargent end up at tge top of the podium..well it will be well deserved for them..because they will have beaten a great wrestler..THATS HOW SPENCERPORT FANS view theyre opponents..If you beat my kid..I knew you had to be pretty damn good..so thet got my respect..thats how it should work..if Burgos should lose to Sargent..does that mean he didnt test himself..of course not..one kid gets to the top podium..and with any of the above mentioned..it could be one move during a match that got you there..theyre razor thin matches

Thatta boy brainiac, adults shouldn't be fighting in the stands. Lets let the kids settle it for themselves on the mat...thats why I give all of the aforementioned kids plenty of respect. All talented and tough competitors. I hope wach of them is healthy and ready to rock when the time comes.

Mogiequeen
Falcs96 wrote:
Gee, I dont know. Maybe because they've only had ONE All-State wrestler in the last 6 years?

NYS place winners under Dan Glover:
2013- Austin Coleman: 2nd
2013- Jon Haas: 3rd
2014- Collin Pittman: 4th
2014- Trent Egenlauf: 5th
2016- Kyle Pittman: 5th

Glover has had at least one NYS qualifier every year. Please remember how difficult it is to place in the state. In addition to winning 3 league titles, two sectional titles, and have 7 finalist in Monroe county tournament this year. After Jacoutot left Glover resurrected the program to the respectable level it is today. Stop spreading FAKE news!

Mogiequeen
faceinthemat wrote:
true about Russo... I believe he likes to be disliked. Fist bumps are a man short of a handshake and we should be raising young men.

Tell your "young men" to not itch there crotch and wipe there snot bubbles before a handshake:)

quickpick
Mogiequeen wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:
true about Russo... I believe he likes to be disliked. Fist bumps are a man short of a handshake and we should be raising young men.

Tell your "young men" to not itch there crotch and wipe there snot bubbles before a handshake:)

I wipe my snot bubbles with the back of my hand.....doesn't make a difference for the fist bump.

Mogiequeen
quickpick wrote:
Mogiequeen wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:

I wipe my snot bubbles with the back of my hand.....doesn't make a difference for the fist bump.

I think you are missing the point.... ranges from 10-20 slimy,sticky,sweaty,disgusting hands every meet. Sorry flu season. Start to look at other teams, they followed Glover and started to fist bump too.

quickpick
Mogiequeen wrote:
quickpick wrote:
Mogiequeen wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:

I think you are missing the point.... ranges from 10-20 slimy,sticky,sweaty,disgusting hands every meet. Sorry flu season. Start to look at other teams, they followed Glover and started to fist bump too.

I think you missed my attempt at humor.....or it just wasn't that funny. Enjoy the rest of your wrestling/flu season!

faceinthemat
You don't catch the flu through your hand...lol. just keep your hands out of your eyes and mouth. And I doubt the other teams are copying Glover, although he has done a great job. Personally I think Tony Dambra couldve done fine if given some space and authority (even though he was the opposite of Jacutuout and lacked the fire and passion), Pelin had a part in that debockle I'm sure. Tony just wasn't the motivator Jacutout was and had the impossible task of trying to fill the shoes of IMO the best coach of any sport at any level that I have ever seen. I was referring to Russo and his conduct. Doesn't matter. Spencerport has some hard working kids right now and I wish them luck late in the season.

WrestlerofthePast
Jacoutot is a LIVING LEGEND and it would have been nearly impossible to fill his shoes with anyone other than someone such as Cael Sanderson. Everyone in the entire wrestling world from all over have just the utmost respect for what he did and still does today. That being said, I give Tony D. a lot of credit for having the cajones to even attempt to try to fill those shoes. In all honesty, I thought he was doing a great job. I have no inside information, and I'm not sure what happened there and why he left for Cal-Mum, but much props to him.

Glover, a product of Spencerport Wrestling, is doing a phenomenal job right now. His kids are well coached. People need to realize, wrestling is a long, arduous, season and it's incredibly important to peak at the right time, and I think this is exactly what Glover and Russo are attempting to do. The season is meaningless until it comes to February. Once February hits, the season really begins. Everyone and their mother can make the argument about points, and ensuring a good seed and chance at a wildcard, I get that aspect. November through January pales in comparison to the importance of February though.

I think as a wrestling community, here in Section V, we need to be more positive, and be more encouraging of our colleagues, peers, and athletes. Everyone is busting their butt to be a state champ or coach a state champ. Every coach has their own philosophy and no philosophy is better than the other, they are just different. The coaches know their athletes the best, let them do their job.

It's easy to be a keyboard warrior and nitpick every little thing, but until you're in the fire with everyone else, you really should just keep it to yourself and be positive. At the end of the day we're a family, Section V. I'm all for the friendly banter back and forth, but let's keep it civil.

Good luck to all as we rev up for Sectionals!

wrestlinggrandpa
WrestlerofthePast wrote:
Jacoutot is a LIVING LEGEND and it would have been nearly impossible to fill his shoes with anyone other than someone such as Cael Sanderson. Everyone in the entire wrestling world from all over have just the utmost respect for what he did and still does today. That being said, I give Tony D. a lot of credit for having the cajones to even attempt to try to fill those shoes. In all honesty, I thought he was doing a great job. I have no inside information, and I'm not sure what happened there and why he left for Cal-Mum, but much props to him.

Glover, a product of Spencerport Wrestling, is doing a phenomenal job right now. His kids are well coached. People need to realize, wrestling is a long, arduous, season and it's incredibly important to peak at the right time, and I think this is exactly what Glover and Russo are attempting to do. The season is meaningless until it comes to February. Once February hits, the season really begins. Everyone and their mother can make the argument about points, and ensuring a good seed and chance at a wildcard, I get that aspect. November through January pales in comparison to the importance of February though.

I think as a wrestling community, here in Section V, we need to be more positive, and be more encouraging of our colleagues, peers, and athletes. Everyone is busting their butt to be a state champ or coach a state champ. Every coach has their own philosophy and no philosophy is better than the other, they are just different. The coaches know their athletes the best, let them do their job.

It's easy to be a keyboard warrior and nitpick every little thing, but until you're in the fire with everyone else, you really should just keep it to yourself and be positive. At the end of the day we're a family, Section V. I'm all for the friendly banter back and forth, but let's keep it civil.

I like your positive message.

Oldskool
WrestlerofthePast wrote:

Glover is not a product of Spencerport wrestling....Gates!

WrestlerofthePast
I apologize, I stand corrected.

brainiac
GLOVER BLEEDS BLUE AND GOLD ..!
Page 6 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next