Frankie G an d Vito A View previous topic | View next topic

Page 8 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Frankie G an d Vito A

BULL80
LImarty wrote:
NO.....Your claim is outrageous. Meredeth never won a NCAA Championship....Dake beat Molinaro / Taylor who were NCAA Champs....and some had Taylor as the "wrestling god".

No knock on Yianni..yet, it was a miraculous win.

McKenna ps- is much better than Meredeth.

Yianni beat Dean Heil... 2x NCAA champion and Bryce Meredith a 2x finalist as a true freshman….. and he has 3 NCAA tournaments left.

LImarty
This was never an indictment of Yianni Diakomaholis. He distanced himself from the field in High School....and winning a NCAA Title as a true frosh is amazing- yet, school is still out concerning his future in comparison to Dake. I just feel Dake's success at the College level will be hard to surpass for any other New York wrestler.....EVER.

I do not think he has seen anyone like Joey McKenna,,,,,,,we'll see.

provocateur
Go back and look at what you wrote about Yianni and tell me that it wasn't overly critical.

Yianni can't possibly put the career together that Dake did because Dake did something completely unique that puts him in a league with the best careers in the history of D1 wrestling in terms of 4 successive titles at 4 different weight classes. Can Yianni be a world champ? I think he can if he stays healthy.

Now think about what your "thesis" is and tell me how you can reconcile that while talking about 2 guys from NY who won NCAA titles and one a world championship. NY kids don't belong at D1?

bigkidsdad
provocateur - the goal posts never stand still. A few years ago I thought Marty was misguided and I would show him what I know. Looked up things for hours, spoke to real experts to get their opinion and see where they would send me for information read that and put it all out there for the all knowing all seeing LIMarty and for naught. There was never going to be an informative give and take with him just the cheap shots he takes to stir the pot. Then he takes them back somewhat, but in a post or two he goes hard again with some inane comment about a NY wrestler. We are all recently hearing his comments on Yanni and Vito. He has bashed Piccininni as being a "c" level talent, then praised him weeks later to bash another. Same with Greggor Gillespie who was a 3X AA, claimed some unknown kid from Huntington beat him on a Tuesday night before leagues or something irrelevant. I explained to him in the late 70's and early 80's scholarships were flowing to athletes (in all sports, a lot of scholarships not a lot of athletes so schools were taking and developing athletes from high school into stars), showed him the statistics and that coaches today (in all sports not just wrestling) are demanding and getting much better trained and mature athletes coming into collegiate programs then ever before, it all falls on deaf ears. I played his game and "looked it up", all posted here. Article after article of coaches (again in all sports) explaining how todays athlete is way ahead of those from Marty's golden period and it fell on deaf ears. Then he moved the bar to AA's at NCAA for New Yorkers. I looked that up too and it took a long time. Showed him the 40 year average, showed him what it was in his time, and what it is now. We are coming out of a low period at this juncture into what I believe is a highpoint (time will tell). We are off a tiny bit but are trending higher and all that work was for naught. His response is that we are in a 30 year decline and no amount of evidence will change that. He isn't here to help. He isn't here to discuss. Somewhere between forgetting to take his meds and being an outright troll is the real answer but I will never know why he posts, suffice to say that he has nothing of substance to say and the few anecdotal things he says that ring true are drowned out by is disgusting way of calling out kids either in college or high school who never asked for this negative attention(yes college boys are still kids). His best years are way behind him and this is all he has left. Best we can hope for is that he forgets to pay the cable bill and we don't have to hear his relentless rants about nothing.

LImarty
Ive said this a 1000 Xs...." A LIGHT SHINES BRIGHTEST IN A DARKENED ROOM"

I think it would and will be hard for the MAJORITY of wrestlers in this Country to ever accomplish what Dake did. 4X NCAA Champ in four different weight classes....

If, you want to deploy this as an attack on Yianni...well, so be it...lol. I was critical on Diakomaholis only in neutral...tends to wait -to counter and I haven't seen him ride with vengeance . IMO that if, he and McKenna meet- Well, I see McKenna scoring offensively...Yianni hasn't met anyone on this level as good as McKenna.

fatkidsdad...just a plain loon !!! Drinks the cool-aide.....TRAINING- blah.blah...blah. I guess ALL the other guys in the past didn't train....LOL!! Ask well trained 3X AA Gregor Gillespie how he got teched by Jon Masa.....ask well trained Jon Masa how he could never beat well trained Zach Esposito....THIS IS ALL TOO FUNNY. Ask all the 'well trained" 1996 FS Olympic Team- how they couldn't get near Dan Gable's old legs.

There is something called a COMPETITIVE EDGE that the finest athletes have at all levels in all sports....when you reach it- and- have it......you know your ability wont let you down. For most of you reading this- it is like Im speaking Chinese to you.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
Ive said this a 1000 Xs...." A LIGHT SHINES BRIGHTEST IN A DARKENED ROOM"

I think it would and will be hard for the MAJORITY of wrestlers in this Country to ever accomplish what Dake did. 4X NCAA Champ in four different weight classes....

If, you want to deploy this as an attack on Yianni...well, so be it...lol. I was critical on Diakomaholis only in neutral...tends to wait -to counter and I haven't seen him ride with vengeance . IMO that if, he and McKenna meet- Well, I see McKenna scoring offensively...Yianni hasn't met anyone on this level as good as McKenna.

fatkidsdad...just a plain loon !!! Drinks the cool-aide.....TRAINING- blah.blah...blah. I guess ALL the other guys in the past didn't train....LOL!! Ask well trained 3X AA Gregor Gillespie how he got teched by Jon Masa.....ask well trained Jon Masa how he could never beat well trained Zach Esposito....THIS IS ALL TOO FUNNY. Ask all the 'well trained" 1996 FS Olympic Team- how they couldn't get near Dan Gable's old legs.

There is something called a COMPETITIVE EDGE that the finest athletes have at all levels in all sports....when you reach it- and- have it......you know your ability wont let you down. For most of you reading this- it is like Im speaking Chinese to you.

I don't think it should be a comparison between Yianni and Dake. Do I think Dake destroys Yianni? No, absolutely not, doesn't happen. Does Dake win? It's possible. To compare the two careers doesn't really make sense at this point. Yianni right now, is right where Dake was his sophmore year. One national title under his belt, expectations of another for this season. Dake beat Montell Marion his freshman year....... Montell Marion IMO is not on the same level as Bryce Merideth. Doesn't matter though really, he won a title. Same as Yianni. Frank Molinaro BTW is one of the guys who didn't really reach the top until his junior year. Something you bash NY wrestlers about, yet use him as a guy to strengthen your argument about Dake. I absolutely agree with the fact that it will be hard for anyone to ever have the career that Dake has had. What you fail to see is that despite your scouting report on him, he has already accomplished more than 99.9% of wrestlers will ever achieve with a freshman national title.

The "light shines brightest in a darkest room" analogy is pure stupidity. Wrestling on a national level is as good as it has ever been. Different style than when you quit, but still as competitive and as good as ever. Bloody noses don't mean anything.....the worst kids on my team get bloody noses regularly in practice. I can assure you there is no correlation between a bloody nose and being good at wrestling.

LImarty
Com'on quick.

This is what you ascertained by my post(s).

The basis of my retrospective. There are FEW Yianni's in New York in my opinion...for the next cycle in DI - coming from NYS.

Looking over the Rankings board. Even Cali is down Nationally at the DI level. NJ/ PA/Oh still seem to be the prime time wrestlers....with sprinkles from the rest.

What Ive seen- at the Eastern States- the all division tourney. It wasn't good wrestling- IMO.

provocateur
BKD is 100% right. I've been watching this lunatic post for 15 years. The only takeaway is that Marty posts about Marty. LI, the 70s, etc. Marty needs to think that he could compete in this field. He's a complete narcissist. Too bad for him that he isn't intelligent. He comes up for air only to get slapped back into his rightful place every few years.

LImarty
Watching me post for 15 yrs....nuff said !!!!

ringworm2000
[quote="BULL80"]
LImarty wrote:
NO.....Your claim is outrageous. Meredeth never won a NCAA Championship....Dake beat Molinaro / Taylor who were NCAA Champs....and some had Taylor as the "wrestling god".

No knock on Yianni..yet, it was a miraculous win.

McKenna ps- is much better than Meredeth.

Marty.....PS Meredith beat McKenna

LImarty
we will see. Meredeth dec. McKenna (1-0)

I like Joey McKenna this year at 141 lbs. I also believe wrestling in the BIG 10 - is a helpful and a useful advantage come Nationals

I also, hope that Piccininni maintains a 4 seed...and Rivera a 1 seed. I think Nicky can go with Rivera- but, not with Lee. Anxious to see if Vito can have a big tourney

Corey Rasheed.....is questionable. Hard for seniors to wrestle back with conviction. He will need to be a Finalist in the BIG 10 Tourney

My upset special is Chance Marstellar.......

Bubba Jenkins was replaced by David Taylor at PSU...This is why they wrestle the matches. Jenkins by Fall.

You do know the story of Peter Capone -Watertown , NY....RECRUITED strongly by Hofstra University and other eastern programs.....and then there was Chris Edmunds-Freeport, NY....Now, mind you Freeport is a 5- 10 min . ride to Hofstra U. Edmunds a 1X NYS Champ his senior year....not heavily recruited. Well, the Tennesee Coach was building a Program- heard about NY wrestling and took a shot with a much unheralded Chris Edmunds......guess what happens.....NCAA DI Finals- .Edmunds -Tenn by dec over Capone- Hofstra.

bigkidsdad
You imply more then that story means (and the story means nothing more then that)... Anecdotal inferences always, are we supposed to glean some greater truth from your dribble?, no I think not. There is no cause and effect relationship there none whatsoever. Unless you are leaving out an incredible amount of the story all I hear is this guy beat that guy, nothing else. I'm sure it is the way your mind is wired, but it is no different then primitive man who in seeing something wrong being done, then by happenstance for the next few days there is a terrible storm, conclusion from both Neanderthal man and Marty? well the gods must be angry because of the bad thing done and a sacrifice is in order..... Well if there is a sacrifice necessary I nominate you Marty..... Right there on the Huntington altar to the wrestling gods.... Don't worry if there is to be blood you can handle it your that tough stock that doesn't bleed, right?

LImarty
DO YOU ACTUALLY READ...WHAT YOU POST ??? Did you get enough attention as a child ??? Did your Mom breast feed another kid ?? Did your Dad take the neighbor's kid to the candy store and left you at home?? Did you have a TV, or Toys ??? Does your dog growl at you when you look at him ??? Do your kids run and hide when they see you coming ???

You are FREE not to read my posts...my "dribble". You cant- Im your heroin. Sad, very sad...and you have a kid wrestling. Hope, it was the mailman...or the landscaper.

bigkidsdad
If you must know it is because you are a bully. You come on here (and in the past elsewhere) and you self aggrandize yourself (don't really mind but it shows your lack of character if you were someone truly important people would come to you instead of you coming to them), you degrade a sport I like with your twisted beliefs on what wrestling is to you (annoying but again who cares), finally you come here and disrespect kids left and right, that is where I draw the line. I only chime in when you call out by name others and do so in a derogatory fashion...

for example you could be for Joey McKenna and not have to disrespect Yanni (I might not like that but you are entitled to your opinion). However you wouldn't get the spin factor, and trolling factor, that you need, so you must say negative things about Yanni instead.

You are like that in every respect. Pick any of your whipping posts and you could be for someone else and explain why but that is not in your nature, you would rather bash and bash and during that time you are feeding off of some negative energy that you create. You are an awful representation of a human being.

I have told you before, come on here and elsewhere and talk like a human and I will not exchange even a comment with you. Come on here and bash people (kids) left and right, all the while hiding behind a screen name makes you a coward and a bully and I will expose you for what you are, and all the things you have said wrong in the past.

Once again coward, I sign my name because I stand by what I say.

Forever against losers
Rob Araneo

LImarty
12 Step Programs.....are right down the block. I smell an ADDICT.
Page 8 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next