Frankie G an d Vito A View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Frankie G an d Vito A

Crossface212
Carl Adams from Sec XI won 2 NCAA titles at Iowa State in 1971 and 1972 at 158. Coached at Boston U until the program was dropped a few years ago.

coachlaz
provocateur wrote:
We haven't seen the last of LIMoron.

The quality of wrestling right now is the best it has ever been. The fundamentals, funk and takedown defense are all far superior to what it was like in the 80s and 90s when I watched and participated in the sport.

Dake in recent times just put together one of the best careers in the history of NCAA Division one. Yianni just won as a true freshman. Cornell is pumping out titles and AAa like never before "back in the day".

What part of the state hasn't produced an NCAA champion? Sec 7?

1?
2 - Gwiz, 2 runners-up in Parker, Fronhofer
3?
4 - Dake, Penrith, JPO, Nickerson
5 - Yianni, Gregor
6 - Prescott, Anderson
7?
8?
9 - Hirsch, Banach, Banach
10 - Clark
11 - Jantzen, McCoy, Yozzo, Gallo

Dean Morrison X1 won an NCAA title at West Virginia in the early 90s as a kid that was never a state champion. He's often forgotten when NY wrestlers are brought into NCAA champion discussions. The reason I always remember is that he threw me a beating at Jr. Greco States.

kmaute
I can't remember if Chris wiedman section 8 won it or not but I know he was up there.

BULL80
kmaute wrote:
I can't remember if Chris wiedman section 8 won it or not but I know he was up there.

6th and 3rd

BULL80
from the names i see listed, 80's where the golden years for NY wrestling not much has changed since the 90's last 30 years has been very consistent as far as wrestlers with titles. If Yianni wins another title this year that would give NY 9 titles from 2010-2019 which is more than double the titles from 2000-2009 unless there are names missing.... but i'm sure even if all the data was put together and it showed a spike in 1980's out of the last 50 years marty would still just say that the wrestling is worse or spin his argument another way and ignore the data... even though he has done extensive research .... lol.

Sectionvchamp
Let’s not forget why these kids go to college to begin with, for an EDUCATION!!! The guys an absolute dumb xxxx!! Even if they don’t hit the podium why would you want to take them out of top schools that ensure them a bright future. I’d be honored to see my son compete at that level regardless of the outcome and watch him leave a successful and valuable employee!! What an idiot

LImarty
provacator-ential downpour was right (first time for everything)....I baited you clowns- to see who would respond.

RESEARCH...lol. Go to every DI Division across the Nation- and SEE where former NYS wrestlers are ranked- and/or even in a program. Secondly, take a look at the former NYS Champions and multiple time state champions in the past 10-15 yrs...and be objective about their DI wrestling history. RESEARCH (lol) will show that MOST never wore a DI singlet- MOST had very minimal results at a lower division DI program....and the MAJORITY never stepped foot on a DI AA podium. The few - who were superior remained constantly good.

the sport is softer today....count the the amount of bloody noses that you don't see...LOL.

lastly, JUST GO BACK 5 - 10- 15 YRS and compare state champs in your own confused mind- and- make your own assessment.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
provacator-ential downpour was right (first time for everything)....I baited you clowns- to see who would respond.

RESEARCH...lol. Go to every DI Division across the Nation- and SEE where former NYS wrestlers are ranked- and/or even in a program. Secondly, take a look at the former NYS Champions and multiple time state champions in the past 10-15 yrs...and be objective about their DI wrestling history. RESEARCH (lol) will show that MOST never wore a DI singlet- MOST had very minimal results at a lower division DI program....and the MAJORITY never stepped foot on a DI AA podium. The few - who were superior remained constantly good.

the sport is softer today....count the the amount of bloody noses that you don't see...LOL.

lastly, JUST GO BACK 5 - 10- 15 YRS and compare state champs in your own confused mind- and- make your own assessment.

Oh geez, here we go with the bloody nose thing again........

Sectionvchamp
Marty your an idiot based on what you say Kyle Dake never stood a chance and never should have went to a D1 school but ended up being arguably one of the greatest of all time not to mention the 5+ ny grads now currently wrestling in a D1 school on the verge of standing on the podium! Your historical facts amount to nothing just like your opinion. Have your seen the number of nationally ranked high schoolers? Hell Wyoming seminary has 2 starters that are NY natives and they are currently #2 in the country. The past is just history the present shows promise and we are seeing an incline in success at that level. You are the definition of what great wrestlers tell young guys to avoid, someone who says it can’t be done. Now hit the road and take your negativity else where!!

LImarty
SectionVchump,

.....RANKINGs mean squat !!! Dont use Dake as the ALL THAT HEALS ALL....His demeanor and strength on the mat- progressively REFINED each year after HS.....Dake wouldnt be in the conversation of the TOP 10 NYS High Schools wrestlers of all time. Though, like Jantzen - they improved their skills into their 20s and now, can be considered the BEST - or- TOP 5-10 of all time NYS wrestlers.

The STYLE is what most like today- the STYLE allows for limited mat skills....WIN the takedown is what today has given us....yet, both Dake and Jantzen could RIDE the snot out of you.

The RULEs - allow for stalling in neutral and many stalemates are stalling or would be called stalling - 20, 30 yrs ago.

NYS Champs- for the most part are not raising their level- after HS. Name all the NON- NYS Champs who have AA'd or won titles at the DI level....in the past 20 yrs.

provocateur
LImarty wrote:

provocateur
LImarty wrote:

I baited you, clown. You said that you were done here. I wrote something that you couldn't leave unanswered due to your monstrous ego. I'm not confused at all. You shift the goalposts every 5 years when your argument fails again and again.

LImarty
Troy Nickerson vs Nick Piccininni/ Vito Arujau.... lol. Troy would have teched both.

Kyle Dake vs Yianni Diakomaholis....ps. I think Jesse Jantzen would have pinned both in High School.

Josh Glenn vs Corey Rasheed......Josh Glenn would have pinned or teched Corey in HS and shut him out in College.

......1X NYS Champ Chris Weidman 2X NCAA AA- 0X- NYS Champ Jon Masa- 3X NCAA AA....beating Gregor Gillespie- by tech fall . Gillespie a NCAA Champ.

take off your dunce cap and use your deluded imagination. This is less than 4 cycles ago- THE BEST- have left the building

To think that MANY others beat College DI Nationally ranked wrestlers. Pat Flynn /Hofstra tr fr . over Nick Simmons/ Michigan St- ranked #4 in the Nation. (242-0) in HS. Lucas Magnani dec over Sam Hazewinkle./ Oklahoma. Jon Masa / Hofstra by fall over Ryan Churella/ Michigan. Yeah, JP O'Connor would have struggled against Busciello/ Gissendanner....too funny !!! How do you think Corey Jantzen would have done against Piccininni ??? or....Arujau.....or Diakomaholis ??

New York State wrestling is NOW a second tier wrestling state- with very, very few possible future DI AAs- and with very few extensive scholarships being offered. BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND.

If, this was a stock - you should have gotten out a decade ago.

Sectionvchamp
Marty you might wanna check your facts just so you know ny was 6th out of 50 states last year for All Americans tied with Oklahoma Indiana Minnesota I’m not sure where you come up with your so called facts but you definitely have no clue!! We also were 7th in national qualifiers. You are most definitely an idiot!!

LImarty
SectionVchump.

"FACT" is this. I've seen wrestling in NYS since the 60s- my peers became Champions- I was in Wrestling Rooms in the '90s-

Ive seen MANY very good wrestlers never get out of their Section (VIII and XI). Some who would be ALL WORLD in today's climate. I watched from the bleachers in the '00s.

WRESTLING in NYS today except for a very few ....has gotten so UGLY- with many not SCHOOLED in basic skills. MAT SKILLS/ RIDING has left the building. Funny, that most of the current stars all can ride for at least a minute. The rest are just- the rest..,. They are 50 % wrestlers- only, versed in half the skill and technique.

Hint. If, you want to JUDGE stardom -cause I hate the word "GREAT" because it is used way too often...today. If, you want to know who is really good. Look at their opponents records and successes. When NCAA Champions beats another NCAA Champion...well, then that kid is very good.

and

ALL AMERICAN status is the reward to the individual. Which, I challenge sometimes by the strength of the bracket- seeding-etc....MY POINT has maintained clarity. Since the early "00s in NYS - the amount of times a kid wins a NYS Title is not a healthy scenario for the entire State...3X, 4X, 5X NYS Champs are not making it at the next level in DI..I can name a few who are in DI right now or will be next yr that will be home in a yr or two. No need to insult a kid by naming him here.

Lastly, CHECK YOUR FACTs for the last 10-12 yrs- with very few exceptions. The STRENGTH of the State points to a time when wrestlers were "challenged" in their weight from all around NYS. NYS HS Greats- and future DI Champions were beaten in their Section and/or at the NYS Tourney. The last time I think this happened is when Ian Paddock beat Kyle Dake....this was a regular occurrence in the 70s/80s.
Page 3 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next