Frankie G an d Vito A View previous topic | View next topic

Page 4 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Frankie G an d Vito A

bigkidsdad
Marty you speak of facts when all you assert are your “facts” from personal “knowledge”. For the last two years I have spoke truth to your assertions with well documented facts from the last 40 years of NCAA wrestling, NY is as good as it ever was maybe a touch better this year with the usual ebbs and flows throughout the years. This year and next will tell show us more if we are on an up swing (as I believe) or a down (but not the straight down from the ‘70’s that you are forever asserting). The last time I posted fact after documented fact you just crawled back under the rock you called home. As others have stated you move goal posts (just in this thread never mind throughout your history of posting), and your only interest is stirring the pot. Most of us here have a connection to the wrestlers we are cheering for, and when an inane drone such as yourself makes a pick of Joey McKenna over our local talent Yanni D, we all take that personally. Piccinni, Arauja, Teemer, Yanni D, Yousef Hermida, Jesse Dellavecchia, and Louie D among others will prove you wrong, but you will never admit that, let’s just remember one of your recent whipping posts David Taylor whom you never acknowledged your mistaken assertion that he would never amount to anything internationally. Finally it is usually the position of washed up has-beens to constantly be judge jury and executioner for these matches that could never occur. Past wrestlers were great, current wrestling in NY is good and getting better and when it wanes we will fix it, not you. Thank you and please find that rock again soon...

Rob Araneo

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
SectionVchump.

"FACT" is this. I've seen wrestling in NYS since the 60s- my peers became Champions- I was in Wrestling Rooms in the '90s-

Ive seen MANY very good wrestlers never get out of their Section (VIII and XI). Some who would be ALL WORLD in today's climate. I watched from the bleachers in the '00s.

WRESTLING in NYS today except for a very few ....has gotten so UGLY- with many not SCHOOLED in basic skills. MAT SKILLS/ RIDING has left the building. Funny, that most of the current stars all can ride for at least a minute. The rest are just- the rest..,. They are 50 % wrestlers- only, versed in half the skill and technique.

Hint. If, you want to JUDGE stardom -cause I hate the word "GREAT" because it is used way too often...today. If, you want to know who is really good. Look at their opponents records and successes. When NCAA Champions beats another NCAA Champion...well, then that kid is very good.

and

ALL AMERICAN status is the reward to the individual. Which, I challenge sometimes by the strength of the bracket- seeding-etc....MY POINT has maintained clarity. Since the early "00s in NYS - the amount of times a kid wins a NYS Title is not a healthy scenario for the entire State...3X, 4X, 5X NYS Champs are not making it at the next level in DI..I can name a few who are in DI right now or will be next yr that will be home in a yr or two. No need to insult a kid by naming him here.

Lastly, CHECK YOUR FACTs for the last 10-12 yrs- with very few exceptions. The STRENGTH of the State points to a time when wrestlers were "challenged" in their weight from all around NYS. NYS HS Greats- and future DI Champions were beaten in their Section and/or at the NYS Tourney. The last time I think this happened is when Ian Paddock beat Kyle Dake....this was a regular occurrence in the 70s/80s.

You can’t take hypothetical matchups of wrestlers from different eras and call it a fact. It’s hypothetical.....not real....will never happen. The wrestlers that are competing at the highest level today would succeed in any era regardless of the amount of bloody noses they get. Also a 4x NYS champ today does not equal a 4x champ 20 years ago. There are multiple divisions which means they didn’t wrestle against the whole state. This does not mean they couldn’t have been, just the current system doesn’t allow for it. Of course there will be guys in this system who win 2 who may not be D1 quality. That doesn’t mean the state itself is a dead state for wrestling. Finally, attending matches in the 70’s and 80’s does not make you an expert. You claim that coaches don’t know the sport enough to teach their athletes....may be true in some cases but I would also argue that they probably wrestled longer than you and are in a better position to teach a kid than you, who quit the sport.

Sectionvchamp
Marty them are facts from last years results your info are nothing more than opinions based or your diluted vision!!

HHS83
LImarty wrote:
SectionVchump.

"FACT" is this. I've seen wrestling in NYS since the 60s- my peers became Champions- I was in Wrestling Rooms in the '90s-

Mopping the mats after practice doesn't really count as "being in Wrestling Rooms in the 90's" as you imply .........................

LImarty
You guys all know that the MAJORITY of HS Programs do not have many wrestle- offs....Many are void of JV Teams. So, the sale of things being better is hysterical. FFT's are the norm in most Leagues.

Naming wrestlers - is not by choice and while you cant guarantee a winner.....there is a way of assuming the results.

I watched Vito Arujau TECH Nick Piccininni in FS....yet, imo an educated opinion BOTH would have gotten handled by Troy Nickerson in ANY style...AND I have seen better than Troy at 112- 125 lbs. in NYS. Yes, this isnt FACT ...just an OBJECTIVE observation of talent.

ALL CHAMPIONs are not equal...at any level ...and at any time. One would have to believe that OPINION is sometimes spot on. One would have to agree that ALL CHAMPIONs are graded by the talent within their pool and the quality depth within their state.

IMO- there have been 100s of wrestlers from NYS who were much more unheralded- unknown yet, much more gifted than those that you guys feel are great today .

EXPLAIN ...How a non -NYS Champ can win a senior national tourney up a weight. How can a 1X NYS Champ become a NCAA Champ....Today, this would be unheard-of.

IMO....GISENDANNER- TEEMER- BUSCIELLO- young DIAKOMAHOLIS will struggle at the DI level- Nationally. Not sure on Arujau- who in my opinion would be more suited wrestling FS. Not counting Vito out- not yet.

Im not the ONLY contrarian that believes that wrestling today in NYS has regressed. I blame it on the Math teacher who allowed students to use a calculator instead of working out the problem.

bigkidsdad
In your voluminous diatribe this last post, you asked more questions, posed more impossible matchups which you arbitrarily know the only outcome, but not once did I hear you say you were wrong about David Taylor, nor in the two years that I have responded to you with factual, historic record of NYS placers in NCAA tournament (last years and year prior’s argument where you cited historic Marty facts but never acknowledged the true numbers), have I heard you say your wrong about that. Now I see you hedging on Vito, good you are learning not to discount a kid before his career starts. Too bad you haven’t in the past few years realized that you are wrong more then right and it would do you well to sit back and truly learn.

LImarty
lol....

DAVID TAYLOR was getting all the ink...especially, when I was involved with FLO. I constantly interrupted their TAYLOR hype- with a kid whose name was DAKE. I wasn't proven wrong- I was right. Dake at the time was ranked Nationally I believe behind 5 or 6 wrestlers ....and no one was talking about Dake- except me.

I did accept the fact that I was "wrong" thinking that Taylor would have to wait- for success in DI cause he went from a 119 lber- to 135- and then I believe 149 ALL in three seasons.... remember when he got decked in the NCAA Finals on National TV....by Bubba Jenkins- a PSU castaway.

Hedging on Vito ??- I see a noticeable flaw in Vito's attack- that is a factor in Folkstyle at the DI level - and not so much in Freestyle. Coach Koll and I have been in contact for the past 10 yrs-

NCAA DI Wrestling isn't for every kid coming out of High School and for those coming out of New York with much hype- seems to be a mountain too high to climb. I suggest that they take another route such as JUCO/DIII and try to attain a College Degree.

btw. DADs of current wrestlers shouldn't be posting . PERIOD !! Your length of fame usually has a four year window...Then like most they disappear- usually, with their tail between their legs.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
lol....

DAVID TAYLOR was getting all the ink...especially, when I was involved with FLO. I constantly interrupted their TAYLOR hype- with a kid whose name was DAKE. I wasn't proven wrong- I was right. Dake at the time was ranked Nationally I believe behind 5 or 6 wrestlers ....and no one was talking about Dake- except me.

I did accept the fact that I was "wrong" thinking that Taylor would have to wait- for success in DI cause he went from a 119 lber- to 135- and then I believe 149 ALL in three seasons.... remember when he got decked in the NCAA Finals on National TV....by Bubba Jenkins- a PSU castaway.

Hedging on Vito ??- I see a noticeable flaw in Vito's attack- that is a factor in Folkstyle at the DI level - and not so much in Freestyle. Coach Koll and I have been in contact for the past 10 yrs-

NCAA DI Wrestling isn't for every kid coming out of High School and for those coming out of New York with much hype- seems to be a mountain too high to climb. I suggest that they take another route such as JUCO/DIII and try to attain a College Degree.

btw. DADs of current wrestlers shouldn't be posting . PERIOD !! Your length of fame usually has a four year window...Then like most they disappear- usually, with their tail between their legs.

😂😂😂

You never hyped up Dake....you’re out of your mind! You have no business calling out flaws in anyone above elementary school and even that’s a question. Go ahead, get on the mat and show Vito what his flaw is. I’m sure your buddy Rob would love to have you in the room. You’re so far out of touch with reality I can’t even take this seriously.

provocateur
In LIMoron-world "FACT" = anecdote. Not so long ago, Marty devalued Nickerson's career. And everyone else who wasn't in 70's Suffolk County. It's a special kind of stupid.

Sectionvchamp
Marty I’m pretty sure your a Canandaigua grad if I’m right I totally understand your issue now

bigkidsdad
Too bad as you get older you become more delusional... Rob Koll is now calling you for advice on his wrestlers lol... maybe to clean the mess in the bathrooms.... lmao

LImarty
What's funny...are all of your retorts.

Yes, Vito has a physical flaw.

Yes, if you archive FLO you will hear my boasts about a hs senior named Kyle Dake

Yes, while I would bet that Troy..Jesse....Ryan Maurer and many others would "toy" with this current NYS crop... AND there were many more ANIMALS in the mid 70s- the mid 80s.

Actually, had MANY conversations- with Pat Popolizio when he was at Binghamton- where he entertained my opinion of Meinsen/ John Glenn .. then got him enrolled...and Goodale of Rutgers- I was thanked by Sean McCabe's parents when Scott Goodale was looking for a 125 lber and had McCabe for three yrs as a starter....and YES, Coach Koll and I have had talks in person , by text...and once by phone about the sport and recruits. See, there are many who may voice their distaste for my opinions yet, there are MANY who have liked my opinion...LOL...SOME who would surprise you......Oh, if, I was talking to any of them today- like I said...I would say "look elsewhere".

provocateur
When did Kyle Dake graduate? One of the best careers in the history of the NCAAs. I suppose he should have given D1 a miss... Idiot.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
What's funny...are all of your retorts.

Yes, Vito has a physical flaw.

Yes, if you archive FLO you will hear my boasts about a hs senior named Kyle Dake

Yes, while I would bet that Troy..Jesse....Ryan Maurer and many others would "toy" with this current NYS crop... AND there were many more ANIMALS in the mid 70s- the mid 80s.

Actually, had MANY conversations- with Pat Popolizio when he was at Binghamton- where he entertained my opinion of Meinsen/ John Glenn .. then got him enrolled...and Goodale of Rutgers- I was thanked by Sean McCabe's parents when Scott Goodale was looking for a 125 lber and had McCabe for three yrs as a starter....and YES, Coach Koll and I have had talks in person , by text...and once by phone about the sport and recruits. See, there are many who may voice their distaste for my opinions yet, there are MANY who have liked my opinion...LOL...SOME who would surprise you......Oh, if, I was talking to any of them today- like I said...I would say "look elsewhere".

I have had FloPro for several years now and never recall you saying anything prophetic about Kyle Dake. I bet Koll is happy he didn’t listen to your misguided opinion on Yianni. And please save me the “Yianni wouldn’t have been a national champ in the ‘90s” garbage either. A national champ now would have found their way to a national championship in any era.

provocateur
Yet another reason Marty never passes the sniff test is that wrestlers like Yianni and Dake have had international success. Was wrestling better in Dagestan, Georgia and Iran in the 70's, too?
Page 4 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next