Frankie G an d Vito A View previous topic | View next topic

Page 6 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Frankie G an d Vito A

Crossface212
[quote="LImarty"]FACT- (4) DI New York State Universities- Cornell, Buffalo, Binghamton, Hofstra,- have the majority of their starters from outside of New York State....and for those Dads who carried the EDUCATIONAL Flag of the Ivy Leagues...even their starters are primarily void of NYS wrestlers-

I believe that UB has 3 NYS Champs in their current starting line up (Lantry, Spann, Smythe) who are doing very well this year. Lantry is undefeated and has dominated every match including against ranked opponents and returning AA. He is wrestling great right now despite having an injury and I think we will see him on the podium this year. Spann is a sophomore and has only 2 losses (0 in duals)...very solid tough kid. Keller & Perry were NYS runners up and are solid D1 wrestlers; Keller has the chance to become better than solid.

Marty - Who were all of the NYS Champs from 20-30 years ago that became D1 AAs or champs? I'm honestly not remembering many of them. Steve Shoen (Bayport) was a 1x AA at Army, John Lange (3x NYS champ) was a 1x AA at PSU, Adam Mariano and Jamie St. John were both 2x State Champs that I don't think ever made AA in college. Rason Phifer was an incredibly talented 2x NYS champ and OW....how much of an impact did he make in college? What about Mike Messina (Hauppauge)? Branden Lehman? Tom Minougue? Jim Amira? Liston Brown?

I see NYS having more wrestlers that are/will be competing for AA spots right now than 20-30 years ago.

bigkidsdad
Cross face you are correct. Last year and year before on Matburn forum I looked up AA status since ‘60’s and we are trending upwards I documented all my research it is easily verified I even put in links where I could, didn’t deter the coward from impugning more NY kids, that was the time the LI cancer started calling me “Fat kids dad”. He can call me what he likes I am content to know no one is listening to him anymore. He is less relevant then our drunk uncle who we see only at thanksgiving and who yells at everyone for doing everything wrong.

LImarty
Crossface.

...........Actually, there were many more wrestling in many Conferences- most not AA-ing yet, The FREQUENCY is what Im challenging....and the quality depth of each HS weight over THE PAST TWO DECADES. The best way to look at an individuals achievement is to compare him and his victories over WHO, Remember this College -30-40 yrs ago was an option- choice between work and school also, remember others went the way of another Sport-

Today, National high school victories is our gauge....cause beating someone in your Section /State is common. Point is name all the NYS Champs who beat NYS Champs when ?? who??- and you will see over every era....the numbers decline. Jesse Jantzen beat Mike Torriero 1X NYS Champ, he beat Ryan Maurer. 2X NYS Champ...Maurer ranked Nationally #1 his senior year was also, beaten by Jon Masa OX NYS Champ.....this is QUALITY depth within an area- and- this depth transfers over to the next level. etc,

About the NYS Universities- I would think if , we were a QUALITY wrestling State- you would find at least a 50 % line-up of former NYS Champs. Check out- the Universities in Ohio and /or PA...from DIII - DI.

Trust me the numbers are and have been dropping off......GO LOOK AT THE RANKINGS BOARD- In Conferences.

If, Suffolk/ Nassau are two of the better locations for NYS HS Wrestling....then please, explain to me why Jesse Jantzen is Suffolk"s last finalist in 2004....and Tom Ryan is Nassau's in 1991. You can challenge alot of my opinions yet, this holds true. BTW. IMO I will get back to you on the AAs...2 probables-and 3 at most this NCAA Tourney

Last edited by LImarty on Jan 27, 2019; edited 1 time in total

provocateur
I suppose that everyone should be thankful that Marty is obsessed with sports. Otherwise the cops would be finding body parts in his kitchen.

LImarty
and my underwear under your bed.

provocateur
I didn't know that you were interested in me that way.

Crossface212
LImarty wrote:
Crossface.
If, Suffolk/ Nassau are two of the better locations for NYS HS Wrestling....then please, explain to me why Jesse Jantzen is Suffolk"s last finalist in 2004....and Tom Ryan is Nassau's in 1991. You can challenge alot of my opinions yet, this holds true. BTW. IMO I will get back to you on the AAs...2 probables-and 3 at most this NCAA Tourney

I completely disagree that there will be that few from NYS. My opinion on this year's tournament:

Title Contenders/Near Locks for AA

-Picc @125

-Yanni @ 141

-Rasheed @ 184

Probable AA

-Hermeda @ 285

Very Good Shot to AA

-Lantry @141

-Vito @ 125

-Duprez @ 184

I'm probably missing a few as well. If Teemer was wrestling this year he'd be a likely AA as well if not a flat out contender in a wide open 149 weight class. When in the last 30 years did we have more than this from NYS? You may be right about the avg. HS wrestler now vs. 20-30 yrs ago but at the high end I don't see a drop off at all. Yanni was a D1 champ as a true freshman last year...when Jantzen was a freshman he was a qualifier but DNP. I think they are comparable talents but both of them were far superior to Mauer.

LImarty
NO ....your girl is.

Crossface,

I see you are a glass half full kinda guy.

Picc. Yianni. Rasheed......

If, Vito AA's I will be quite surprised.

Lantry, Hermida, Deprez.....only, maybe With A HUGE effort .

Ive seen Gissendanner, Teemer, Pappas , Ryder and others......Not enthralled about their future at this level Nationally. JMO

EZ on the far superior to Maurer....YOU make the call Dake vs Yianni....Dake would not lose to Yianni...in College...in High School- yes. LOL....Dake was schooled in Ohio and in PA....Yianni in PA

We'll see....Doesnt give me happiness to be RIGHT.

provocateur
Lucky for you that you are never right.

BULL80
LImarty wrote:
NO ....your girl is.

Crossface,

I see you are a glass half full kinda guy.

Picc. Yianni. Rasheed......

If, Vito AA's I will be quite surprised.

Lantry, Hermida, Deprez.....only, maybe With A HUGE effort .

Ive seen Gissendanner, Teemer, Pappas , Ryder and others......Not enthralled about their future at this level Nationally. JMO

EZ on the far superior to Maurer....YOU make the call Dake vs Yianni....Dake would not lose to Yianni...in College...in High School- yes. LOL....Dake was schooled in Ohio and in PA....Yianni in PA

We'll see....Doesnt give me happiness to be RIGHT.

That's funny considering Koll in an interview last year said that freshman Yianni would beat Freshman Dake, but I guess you know better than Rob Koll.

madmami
LImarty wrote:
pathetic ??? was the wrestling at the Eastern State Tourney. Once- it had the best going at it in the quarters/semis..... War Memorial, Prescott ??? Did you know Lindsay Biagini /Massapequa lost two High School matches in NYS...one to a future NCAA Champ ( Rosselli) and the other to an Olympic Alternate (Weiderman). btw- Rosselli and Weiderman were challenged in NYS. Yeah, the same talent is here in NYS today...LMFAO !!!

YOU can sway your argument back and forth - in opposition of anything I say yet, I am consistent- THIS SPORT in NYS is at it's worst- comparable to the late 50s. I have seen MANY wrestlers who never achieved a Section Championship- those that were schooled- talented and would imo - would be multiple time champions today.

Yes, I dont have to go back too many decades- last decade had.....Sec. 3 had kids named Joe Jewitt/ Chris Horning/ Anwar Goeres who imo would wreck many of these kids who are today's #1s - trust me these kids were that good......want go back to Long Beach wrestler Jon Masa comes to mind. I havent seen a "slicker" wrestler than him in NYS....Wrestled 130 at the NYS Tourney and lost to Ruff of Sec. 4- Masa was sucked out for the Tourney and looked terrible in his opening match. Wrestled up at the Virginia Beach Tourney at 135 - won the whole thing...lol...then went on to being a 3x NCAA DI AA. Only two wrestlers were in his way of a title Esposito.OK St and Schlatter/OSU. Go back another decade to wrestlers like Anthony Riccardi- never won a NYS Title- lost in NY to future DI wrestlers the Mansueto bros yet, Coach Tom Ryan made him Hofstra's #1 recruit. This was the LAST decade for multiple talented DI recruits. There were NYS wrestlers...in the EIWA, ACC, Colonial, and BIG 10 with regularity....others were winning JUCO titles and DIII titles.

To this day I wonder how James Strouse became a DI semi-finalist from Hofstra.....1X NYS Champ- improved /raised his game by rolling around with Assist. Rob Anspach - right to an NCAA DI AA. In HS Strouse was always challenged in Nassau Co....Weidman the same.

I dont like what Im seeing...today. The best kids in NYS are not producing results in DI Wrestling. Look, Hofstra which is in a very marginal conference compared to the BIG 10...Hofstra/Binghamton/ Buffalo/ Cornell have how many former NYS Champions wrestling at these four institutions ??? Other than one of the Deprez brothers with a very outside shot of an AA...and long shot Lantry....now, that Vito is at Cornell I guess -maybe. WHY ??? no regular - BIG 10 starters ?...Rasheed , Rodriguez (no AA),and Paddock (no AA)...the last 10 yrs. Funny , Long Island natives Tom Ryan and Kerry McCoy are not recruiting with regularity from NYS anymore..Delvecchia isnt support for your argument....btw- Dan Gable use to recruit in NYS and was at the War Memorial regularly in the 70s/80s.

Here's another good one for you. Michael Patrovich won a NYS title at 152 lbs....then went to Virginia Beach- wrestled 145 lbs and won a Senior's title. What makes this unique the same year ..Ryan Maurer a 2X NYS Champ was ranked #1 in the nation at 145 lbs- but, he did not wrestle his senior yr- A year later he was a JUCO Champ and a North Carolina St recruit...never went to NC St. btw..Patrovich became a DI NCAA AA. Very similar to NYS wrestling today.....yeah, right.

NYS wrestling is down- PERIOD !!!
you have no idea what your talking about Kerry Mccoy does want both my sons plus is taking spadafora... those are all nny kids.. out of state college are over my sons that i can say
Although my oldest gave his verbal.commit i still have another wanted by many, dont get on here trash talking ny wrestlers, we have some of the best around. Go drink some spiked coffee and forget about matburn

LImarty
mami,

"trash talk ' ???

Maryland has how many NYS starters ??? think- 1 (coach Kerry McCoy -LI native)

Ohio St has how many NYS starters ??? know-0 (coach Tom Ryan- LI native)

Cornell has how many NYS starters ?? think- 2

Binghamton has how many NYS starters?? think -4

Buffalo has how many NYS starters ?? think- 3

Hofstra has how many NYS starters ?? think -2

Penn St has how many NYS starters ?? know -1

Oklahoma St has how many NYS starters ?? know- 1

Edinboro has how many NYS starters ?? think-1

pot full -that is 15 DI starters.......If, the State was STRONG (as in STRONG ISLAND) the abundance of NYS wrestlers would fill Buffalo/Binghamton's/ Hofstra's starting rosters...If, academic entrance reasons are the problem - if, the wrestler was that superior BIG 10- schools would fill the rest.

My basis of contention- is PRESENT High School wrestling. I do not see the same ability in the present Long Island wrestler...after seeing the Eastern State Tourney which is a showcase of NYS talent...or shall I say was....very disappointing. I didn't see too many future DI stars from NYS on the mat. JMO.

Realdeal135
LImarty wrote:
YOU PROVED NOTHING.

Except for a few- NYS wrestling is not a place to recruit from.

Find me a NYS Bracket such as this : 130 lbs NYS Tourney. 1) Shawn Riley / did not wrestle in College 2) Steven Brown, / AA at Central Michigan 3) Gregor Gilllespie/ NCAA Champ Edinboro 4) Joey Whitaker/ Fargo 2nd - wrestled at Buffalo U. 5ht and 6th had nearly perfect records. This is the last "solid" bracket in NYS.

.....THEN THE MUSIC DIED !!!

I gave you facts- and- I gave you my educated opinion. You are the 100th parent that needs to bolster your ego- and- your kids 15 minutes of fame.....time is running out.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
mami,

"trash talk ' ???

pot full -that is 15 DI starters.......If, the State was STRONG (as in STRONG ISLAND) the abundance of NYS wrestlers would fill Buffalo/Binghamton's/ Hofstra's starting rosters...If, academic entrance reasons are the problem - if, the wrestler was that superior BIG 10- schools would fill the rest.

My basis of contention- is PRESENT High School wrestling. I do not see the same ability in the present Long Island wrestler...after seeing the Eastern State Tourney which is a showcase of NYS talent...or shall I say was....very disappointing. I didn't see too many future DI stars from NYS on the mat. JMO.

FACT - Oklahoma State has two starters.....Piccinnini and Shomers. FACT - Maryland has had Orion Anderson and Phil Spadafora starting for them as well as Hemida.

Crossface212
LImarty wrote:
mami,

"trash talk ' ???

UB has 5 of their 10 current starters from NYS. In comparison, Penn St and Ohio State only have 3 from their home states.
Page 6 of 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next