2018/2019 Section VI Dual Championships. View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
2018/2019 Section VI Dual Championships.

jessefeffer
Some great match ups to come on Saturday. Lets hear some chatter. Anyone think they know how these will go down?

SectionSix2019
D1:

1 Olean over 8 OP
2 Clarence over 7 Frontier
3 NW over 6 GI
5 Lancaster over 4 NF (Best matchup of the day. This could easily be flip flopped. I think whoever wins this one beats Olean, goes to the finals & loses to NW).

SEMIS:

5 Lancaster over 1 Olean
3 NW over 2 Clarence

FINALS:
3 NW over 5 Lancaster

D2
I'll take the chalk to the semis.

SEMIS:
1 Falconer over 4 Portville
2 Pioneer over 3 Iroquois

FINALS:
2 Pioneer over 1 Falconer

Heisenberg
I see Grand Island beat the Falls last night. Maybe they’ll peak at the right time. I know their upper weights will score alot vs. NW. Should be a good opening round match.

jessefeffer
Ok. My turn. For DI in preseason I had Olean at #2 but said we really would not know much about them up to this point. Their two toughest tournaments were in Meadville, Pa and the North Country at Indian River of section III. Their dual tournaments were at Springville and Bolivar-Richburg so they have had many matches outside the sphere of section VI DI. As was once said of Shane Conlan, they are Tarzan on top and Jane in the lower half. Once Nick Bierfeldt hits the mat at 132 or 138 they can roll out some really tough wrestlers. They need Nate Gabler to win at 113 and/or to take 8 of 10 from 132 to 285. This is doable against both Lancaster and NF so I will stick with them to make the finals vs. NW where NW wins.

Heisenberg
I’m starting to think this may be postponed. Between the snowfall and windchill predicted, it doesn’t look good.
I wonder what plan B is, if this is postponed?

SectionSix2019
I think that is very unlikely, however:

It would be Sunday, top 4 seeds wrestle semis then finals. If it got canceled Sunday, #1 seeds (D1- Olean, D2- Falconer) get automatic bids.

As I said, HIGHLY unlikely

Tim.Finnegan84
Look like you were highly wrong about the tournament getting cancelled

SectionSix2019
You’re not wrong.

I never thought in a million years the sport would be disrespected the way it was- Canceled prematurely w no plan for a makeup-

Could you ever, ever fathom that happening with football, basketball, hockey, or soccer. Would’ve been a revolt.

Falcs96
Hey, at least they got a WC!!
Page 1 of 1