Super seeds View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Super seeds

Burkead145
Does comon sence come into any part of the super seeding process? I watched my littke red and green men on my computer Saturday night and saw in class A 126 Beh beats lopresti and now gets seeded lower then him. How is that so? Everyone says points but look at Beh he took second at supers last year and first this year at class A. Looresti took 4th and second respespfully. AA 132 Hinman and Cotroneo both beat lupisella and they are both seeded below him. Another case is class AA 138 Kropman pins Sanko and also gets seeded lower than a kid he pinned in the first period.

If this is the standard then just get rid of super sectionals, give the kids an extra week to prepare and have a serious 2 day sectional state qualifier tournament (with team scoring) and let everyone wrestle AA & A for division 1. Division 2 not sure what to do there. Come on, how is a 12 man bracket “Super”?

Oldskool
If wrestlers have split in the season (beat each other), then seeding goes back to points. There are many splits throughout the weights. Keep in mind points come from how you did last year at supers as well.

Burkead145
Oldskool wrote:
If wrestlers have split in the season (beat each other), then seeding goes back to points. There are many splits throughout the weights. Keep in mind points come from how you did last year at supers as well.

I’m not sure how the matchups were during the season. If they split guess that makes sense, not buying it. If they split shouldn’t it go to who won last? Oldskool, thoughts on one tournament to go to states? Could have 20-22 man brackets and compete over 2 days? AA had 2 brackets with 6 kids in it, come on man!?!

Smoothrider
Burkead145 wrote:
Does comon sence come into any part of the super seeding process? I watched my littke red and green men on my computer Saturday night and saw in class A 126 Beh beats lopresti and now gets seeded lower then him. How is that so? Everyone says points but look at Beh he took second at supers last year and first this year at class A. Looresti took 4th and second respespfully. AA 132 Hinman and Cotroneo both beat lupisella and they are both seeded below him. Another case is class AA 138 Kropman pins Sanko and also gets seeded lower than a kid he pinned in the first period.

If this is the standard then just get rid of super sectionals, give the kids an extra week to prepare and have a serious 2 day sectional state qualifier tournament (with team scoring) and let everyone wrestle AA & A for division 1. Division 2 not sure what to do there. Come on, how is a 12 man bracket “Super”?

I was just as confused I always thought it goes by last win to me that makes the most sense. Beh over Lopresti Hinman and Cotroneo over Lupisella and Kropman over sanko.

BJB7
It does go to the last win if they split. in this case they are not split. Lopresti beat Beh at Counties and then again at Teike. So in that situation 2 wins over 1 goes to the wrestler who won the majority.

Oldskool
Not true. Splits go back to points. All match-ups are verified, its not just here-say.

faceinthemat
Doesn't sound lik a split if Lopresti beat him twice previously.

Oldskool
Ya, for that weight.
Page 1 of 1