List: Greatest Section V Wrestlers-O.A.T (Sec.3 inspired) View previous topic | View next topic

Page 17 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
List: Greatest Section V Wrestlers-O.A.T (Sec.3 inspired)

LImarty
be careful Faceinthemat. Dont kick the dog....

Lee rode Piccininni for 1: 25....let him go for one- got careless on the edge in a split and paid for it. Yes, he doesnt look like the same kid from last year but, I wouldnt be surprised if he beats Rivera this coming weekend and carries that win to another NCAA Title- just say'n

faceinthemat
I wouldn't be surprised if Lee beats Rivera this week, I actually expect him too, and wouldn't be surprised if he wins the NCAA again...but he doesn't look like himself lately. I think he's very comfy on the biggest of stages and it may take that stage to bring the real Spencer Lee back...we will see! I don't think Rivera wins the NCAA...I think Vito has just as good a shot. Lee would be my favorite if I had to bet. Micic at 133, Yanni at 141, Ashnault at 149, nolf at 157, Joseph or Marinelli at 165, Hall at 174, Martin at 182, Nickal at 197, Stevenson at HVT...your thoughts?

faceinthemat
maybe Fix at 133, or even Suriano...what a bracket

LImarty
basically, the same....except, for Fix and maybe, Nick Lee at 141- if, Yanni is to be beat. My longshot is Chance Marstellar

faceinthemat
LImarty wrote:
basically, the same....except, for Fix and maybe, Nick Lee at 141- if, Yanni is to be beat. My longshot is Chance Marstellar

Marstellar is tough and could do some damage no doubt. Yanni has beat Lee in the past but I think it was close...I of coarse don't see Lee beating Yanni...I believe McKenna and Eirman are his biggest threats. McKenna wasn't right against Lee, if you watched that match Lee had broke him with 30 seconds left. I like Vito to AA at 125 and maybe much better, I like the way he matches up against all the guys ranked better than him. I am curious to see if our own Lou Deprez can make AA.

faceinthemat
will Parker Kropman (was forever in Yanni's shadow) get a chance to wrestle in the big show, he had the incredible upset of formerly #1 ranked Kolodzig

LImarty
LImarty's UPSET SPECIAL.......125lbs- Vitali Arujau.

yep, Vito has a REAL SHOT at becoming a NCAA Champ. He has settled nicely into 125 lbs....he will wear you down...he is talented on his feet . Actually, I like him to do well at the NCAAs- sometimes he gets careless- BUT, if he focuses - he is as good as anyone in front of him. As a junior - he did beat Nick Suriano. In FS he teched Piccininni.

After watching Picc, Rivera, and Lee ALL season.....Vito is just BETTER. He is fresher and settled now at 125 lbs. ...his first match after weigh-ins is the one Koll/Dake have to be aware of.

Last edited by LImarty on Mar 9, 2019; edited 1 time in total

mbsuxx
Amazing that Vito got down to 125 ………….. what did he wrestle at his Senior year?

125 is the most interesting weight ------Don't count Spencer Lee out.

Yanni and Deprez ------ maybe two D-1 All-Americans from the same HS! …………… list of HS in NY that have done that is short ------ Huntington with Picozzi and Jeff Thomas? And of course, The Banach's.

Interested in seeing how Oklahoma St. does ………… a lot of people on the themat.com forum complaining about the way John Smith made late season changes. I think Coach Smith knows what he's doing - he has a decent resume Smile

Oldskool
LImarty wrote:
LImarty's UPSET SPECIAL.......125lbs- Vitali Arujau.

yep, Vito has a REAL SHOT at becoming a NCAA Champ. He has settled nicely into 125 lbs....he will wear you down...he is talented on his feet . Actually, I like him to do well at the NCAAs- sometimes he gets careless- BUT, if he focuses - he is as good as anyone in front of him. As a junior - he did beat Nick Suriano. In FS he teched Piccininni.

I saw Yianni, Vito, and Picc drilling at Eastern States once.It was pretty sweet.

LImarty
Vito his senior year wrestled 132.

In his Section 8 Final he beat Peter Pappas 14-4.

Pappas the common factor for both Yanni and Vito

Oldguy75
Vito wrestled 138 his senior year...
Page 17 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17