Is the sport now Ballet? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Is the sport now Ballet?

the kind one
Worse DQ/ink default I’ve ever seen.

Heisenberg
Kid got slammed and carried out on a stretcher. Looked like the right call to me.

T60
Blame the wrestler not the ref. You don't slam a kid when you are winning with time winding down and put it in the refs hands. Hope the kid from Fulton is ok. Spencerport would have had a 1 PT lead but got beat up at 160 so Fulton still would have the W.

WrestlerofthePast
Any video?

Oldskool
Can someone elaborate?

WrestlerofthePast
Just watched it. Fulton goes for a headlock, but couldn't get it, hip to hip, but still on their feet. Spencerport is able to muscle his way face to face and secured a tight bear hug. Spencerport jacks him up in the air high and then brings him down hard to the mat without his feet ever leaving the ground. Fulton wrestler went numb and motionless.

Falcs96
Wait a minute. Do you guys have the right dual? The DQ happened in the Fulton/Massapequa match......220.

There was an injury fft in Fulton/Spencerport, but not a DQ.

WrestlerofthePast
Spencerport wasn't injured, his opponent was unable to continue due to the called illegal slam. He was taken off by paramedics in a stretcher.

Cuinn Burlingham (Fulton HS) over Michael Vinci (Spencerport) Inj (as in Injury Default) 3:54

Heisenberg
Wouldn’t an injury default have resulted in the S’port wrestler being awarded 6 pts?
I thought an injury default was the result of an accidental injury, and the injured wrestler would give up 6 pts.
Not trying to stir the pot, just looking for a rules clarification from someone in the know.

johnnyrooster
If the injury is a result of an illegal move or hold, and the injured wrestler can not continue, the injured wrestler is a awarded the win and six team points.

Falcs96
"Spencerport wasnt injured, his opponant was unable to continue due to the called illegal slam."

That's actually the complete opposite of what appears in the results.

WrestlerofthePast
Semantics.

Ref called illegal slam.

Fulton couldn't continue.

6 team points in favor of Fulton.

It was a big swing in points as Spencerport may have earned 4 or 5 or even 6 points for that match.

jessefeffer
Difference is in a loss by DQ for an illegal move resulting in injury where the opponent does not continue vs. loss by injury default where a wrestler does not continue due to injury from legal moves? I did not see the move but heard the crowd react and Spencerport coach was really upset with his wrestler so I assumed it was a DQ.

brainiac
total b.s. call...kid acted like he was out cold in the 1st period..3 minute break..then tried it again..Spencerport kid stopped wrestling..then ref said keep wrestling..kids opened his eyes and continued..then the slam..somewhat hard..in complete control..feet hitting the mat made all the noise..wish they had instant replay..

jessefeffer
From the other end of the SRC it sure looked like the Spencerport coach was upset with his wrestler and not the call but I certainly may have missed what happened during and after the kid was taken out on a stretcher.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next