141 lbs McKenna vs Diakomaholis. Fri. Feb. 22 View previous topic | View next topic

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
141 lbs McKenna vs Diakomaholis. Fri. Feb. 22

faceinthemat
Yanni is good enough to keep raising up in weight if he chooses, just like he did in HS. He's just on another level, if he's healthy, he can only beat himself.

LImarty
Agree, on Yianni. He is seasoned and very good. I would think he will wrestle up -next season

I think Rutgers/Suriano did not really see Fix/ Desanto being in the mix this year. After Spencer Lee dominated him- last season . Guess, it was a logical move up. Im sure he could have made 125 . Next year - you may see a reversal .

mbsuxx
Will Hilton have two D1 All Americans this year?

mbsuxx
Will Hilton have two D1 All Americans this year?

LImarty
I would think ONE....cause I picked the under 3 1/2 against quickpick...lol.

Look, the Round of 16 is the "BLOOD ROUND"....You win- You AA. Some of the toughest matches are found here. It has become relatively easy to figure out the TOP 4-5 in a weight but, that 6-8 place finisher is as tough as it gets. You find an underclassmen stepping up and sometimes a senior giving up.

side note; Vito Arujau has a LEGITIMATE shot to upset any of the Top picks at 125 lbs......he has settled into 125 lbs- If, he can get to the quarter finals at the NCAAs- I wouldnt want to BET against him. Vito this past off season teched Piccininni in FS and Vito was the last wrestler to beat Nick Suriano when both were in HS.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
I would think ONE....cause I picked the under 3 1/2 against quickpick...lol.

Look, the Round of 16 is the "BLOOD ROUND"....You win- You AA. Some of the toughest matches are found here. It has become relatively easy to figure out the TOP 4-5 in a weight but, that 6-8 place finisher is as tough as it gets. You find an underclassmen stepping up and sometimes a senior giving up.

side note; Vito Arujau has a LEGITIMATE shot to upset any of the Top picks at 125 lbs......he has settled into 125 lbs- If, he can get to the quarter finals at the NCAAs- I wouldnt want to BET against him. Vito this past off season teched Piccininni in FS and Vito was the last wrestler to beat Nick Suriano when both were in HS.

Hope you have your $2.50 ready Marty......I'm pretty thirsty.

faceinthemat
I'd say its 50/50...Deprez def has a shot and he is an imposing wrestler, very strong, and very tough. I sure hope he leaves it all out there and goes after it with everything he has. His draw will be important. I also saw that his brothers have been wrestling well, although I don't know if the one is big enough to do any damage at 197. Lou is the biggest of the 3 by nature. It's awesone to see 3 brothers wrestling as teammates at D1 school. Duke has 4 brothers starting in their lineup (Finesilvers)!

LImarty
and Hofstra has 3 Sisters in their line-up.

HHS83
faceinthemat wrote:
I'd say its 50/50...Deprez def has a shot and he is an imposing wrestler, very strong, and very tough. I sure hope he leaves it all out there and goes after it with everything he has. His draw will be important. I also saw that his brothers have been wrestling well, although I don't know if the one is big enough to do any damage at 197. Lou is the biggest of the 3 by nature. It's awesone to see 3 brothers wrestling as teammates at D1 school. Duke has 4 brothers starting in their lineup (Finesilvers)!

I think Lou has more than a 50/50 shot. He's already beat Dean and Jacobee Smith this year ........ he's right in the mix of the top 8-10 in that weight. Right now he has fewer losses than Dean, and if he finishes in front of Dean at the EIWA Tourney, I think he'll get a favorable seed. He doesn't back down from anyone.

faceinthemat
HHS83 wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:

I think Lou has more than a 50/50 shot. He's already beat Dean and Jacobee Smith this year ........ he's right in the mix of the top 8-10 in that weight. Right now he has fewer losses than Dean, and if he finishes in front of Dean at the EIWA Tourney, I think he'll get a favorable seed. He doesn't back down from anyone.

If anything, people back down from him. He is one strong, imposing wrestler. I love to watch him go after it. Being an AA as a redshirt freshman would be a great accomplishment.

faceinthemat
HHS83 wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:

If anything, people back down from him. He is one strong, imposing wrestler. I love to watch him go after it. Being an AA as a redshirt freshman would be a great accomplishment.

faceinthemat
HHS83 wrote:
faceinthemat wrote:

faceinthemat
sorry bout the triple post brothers...work computer

LImarty
3rd place BIG 10s

Lizak 6-2 dec Desanto -

faceinthemat
Desanto kind of gave up or lost it mentally...I think he will AA for certain and would beat Lizak if they wrestled again, although I like Lizak's top game.
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next