Piccininni -#1 BIG 12/ Arujau- #1 EIWA.. seeds View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Piccininni -#1 BIG 12/ Arujau- #1 EIWA.. seeds

LImarty
I think for the very first time in NYS History ( but, I will research)

TWO- former NYS HS wrestlers are "seeded" #1 at the same weight in two DI Conferences at the same time. EVER.

Piccininni wins the BIG 12- he is at worst the #2 seed at the NCAA Tourney. If, Lee beats Rivera in the BIG 10 Tourney he may get the #1 seed at the NCAAs

Arujau should win his Tourney and mat be the "spoiler" to somebodies hopes and dreams at the NCAA Tourney

.....this is why they wrestle the matches

GOOD LUCK TO ALL FORMER NYS HS WRESTLERs.

mbsuxx
Steve Hunte - Iowa / Frank DeAngelis - Oklahoma ???

provocateur
Should have gone D2 or 3. They obviously don't belong in division 1.

LImarty
provacaenema,

..........each year for the last some odd. There have been MANY ill prepared wrestlers going to DI WRESTLING Institutions- only, to be back in a year. MOST never going back to College- to earn a degree. I can give you a role call...but, I do not want to celebrate the failures of young men who were directed by those who really have no clue. Such as yourself

LImarty
Congrats to:

Nick Piccininni - BIG 12 Champ

Yanni Diakamilholis - EIWA Champ

Vitali Arujau- 2nd EIWA

Shakur Rasheed- 2nd BIG 10

....ONE WEEK AND 1/2 IN PITTSBURG.

mbsuxx
LImarty wrote:
Congrats to:

Vitali Arujau- 2nd EIWA

Vince Deprez and Lou Deprez both finished 3rd and punched a ticket to NCAAs.

LImarty
mybad.

congrats to the Deprez bros.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
Congrats to:

Vitali Arujau- 2nd EIWA

Add Anthony Sparacio to this list. Troy Keller, Brett Perry, Derek Spann and Brian Lantry are all in as well. I like the resurrection of Binghamton and UB had a great tournament at the MAC’s.

bigkidsdad
Jesse Dellavecchia punched his ticket as runner up at EWL’s for Rider.

quickpick
quickpick wrote:
LImarty wrote:
Congrats to:

Vitali Arujau- 2nd EIWA

Add Anthony Sparacio to this list. Troy Keller, Brett Perry, Derek Spann and Brian Lantry are all in as well. I like the resurrection of Binghamton and UB had a great tournament at the MAC’s.

Forgot Youssif Hemida. I think that's all from NY.

LImarty
quick,

between you and I it will come down to TWO wrestlers imo.

Arujau....can go far - and/or- Rasheed- also, could go far- but, imo wont wrestle back due to a bad knee.. IMO- "YOU" need a miracle.

Actually, 3 1/2 was a "perfect" line.....lol

I do not see any other AA's....any others would be a surprise.

Crossface212
quickpick wrote:
quickpick wrote:
LImarty wrote:
Congrats to:

Vitali Arujau- 2nd EIWA

Alex Smythe qualified as well who is also from NY.

Forgot Youssif Hemida. I think that's all from NY.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
quick,

between you and I it will come down to TWO wrestlers imo.

Arujau....can go far - and/or- Rasheed- also, could go far- but, imo wont wrestle back due to a bad knee.. IMO- "YOU" need a miracle.

Actually, 3 1/2 was a "perfect" line.....lol

I do not see any other AA's....any others would be a surprise.

I won't argue, it was a good line. I was very confident in 3, the hook made it a little more difficult. I think Picc and Yianni are lock's, Rasheed will not default his senior year. Penn State may not need the points from him to win it, but the pressure to place will push him through. I don't even know how bad his knee is, I think he defaulted in the Big 10's because it didn't matter anyway. They're saving him. I think it really comes down to Louie Deprez and Vito. Vito is tough enough to knock anyone out. Actually going into college, I thought Vito was more college ready than Yianni (shows how much I know) but he hand fought much better and didn't give up position. 184 is not the deepest weight class in the tournament and Lou has had some quality showings this year. I'm also not counting out Hemida who did it last year. I feel like there are enough options where I can win this multiple ways.

LImarty
I contacted someone from Cornell over the weekend. Vito has his mind set on the Top 3 next weekend. PERSONALLY, I think he can beat two of them- and- will be hard for him to beat Lee- being that Lee is so tough on the mat. Vito or Nicky will be alright with me.

disagree on Rasheed. He is looking for another year next season. I dont think he will wrestle back with any desire.

So, the way it looks to me....2 maybe, 3 AAs.

ANYONE ELSE is all speculative

Crossface212
LImarty wrote:
I contacted someone from Cornell over the weekend. Vito has his mind set on the Top 3 next weekend. PERSONALLY, I think he can beat two of them- and- will be hard for him to beat Lee- being that Lee is so tough on the mat. Vito or Nicky will be alright with me.

disagree on Rasheed. He is looking for another year next season. I dont think he will wrestle back with any desire.

So, the way it looks to me....2 maybe, 3 AAs.

ANYONE ELSE is all speculative

Rasheed getting a 6th year is speculative at this point too, no?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next