PA State Championships on FLO View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
PA State Championships on FLO

LImarty
WOW......not much more that I can say. I can remember when NYS Wrestling looked this way. With very few exceptions in the past 15 yrs- Their TOP 5-6 can go with and imo beat our present State Champions, Go watch Carter Starocci/PSU recruit.

The chain wrestling is a pleasure to watch. Seeing kids mat savvy and schooled- reminds me of NYS wrestling in the past.

the quarters today and semis tomorrow.

ksl66
LImarty wrote:
WOW......not much more that I can say. I can remember when NYS Wrestling looked this way. With very few exceptions in the past 15 yrs- Their TOP 5-6 can go with and imo beat our present State Champions, Go watch Carter Starocci/PSU recruit.

The chain wrestling is a pleasure to watch. Seeing kids mat savvy and schooled- reminds me of NYS wrestling in the past.

the quarters today and semis tomorrow.

Who does PA think they are having 2 divisions, there’s no way they’ll develop colliegate level wrestlers with 2 divisions

LImarty
....yeah, with almost double the active wrestlers.....with peewee programs that have leagues. Yeah, same difference as NYS...and btw. Their Coaches are SUPERIOR to most of NY's.

also, their kids miss meals all year- and- are expected to work their butt's off .

their BEST wrestlers who are Nationally ranked- are getting challenged in their Leagues and at their Tournaments. It has nothing to do with 2- Divisions....it is about "competition" throughout the State since they were peewees.

PLEASE, do not let me NAME NYS wrestlers who wouldnt get to their quarter finals.

GO LOOK AT WHAT PA 106 lbers LOOK LIKE....Poulin looks like their kid brother.

PA is and remains old school....stingy- not giving pts away- ride- counter. ..It was my pleasure watching their round of 16- tomorrow I will tune into their semis.

jessefeffer
LIMarty, I'd really be interested in the participation numbers of youth hockey in NYS vs. Pa. Over the last 50 years its gone from practically zero in Chautauqua County and WNY to a big deal and maybe Long Island too, I don't know. All those hockey players were potentially wrestlers.

Actually, I live ~450 miles from Long Island so you might as well be in another state and my knowledge of "how it used to be there" is limited. Actually it's pretty much through your eyes only. For perspective, Pittsburgh and Cleveland are <180 miles and <3 hours from here. The HS wrestling team here (Falconer-Cassadaga Valley) is a combined program with an actual BEDS # of ~ 450. Back in the days of which you speak the number would have been closer to 65O. The youth program has 80+ and they have 20+ at the NYWAY state tournament currently going on at SUNY Brockport. That is not the norm in section VI but there are no active club hockey teams involving these schools.

provocateur
PA was aways the best state.

mbsuxx
LImarty wrote:
....yeah, with almost double the active wrestlers.....with peewee programs that have leagues. Yeah, same difference as NYS...and btw. Their Coaches are SUPERIOR to most of NY's.

also, their kids miss meals all year- and- are expected to work their butt's off .

their BEST wrestlers who are Nationally ranked- are getting challenged in their Leagues and at their Tournaments. It has nothing to do with 2- Divisions....it is about "competition" throughout the State since they were peewees.

PLEASE, do not let me NAME NYS wrestlers who wouldnt get to their quarter finals.

GO LOOK AT WHAT PA 106 lbers LOOK LIKE....Poulin looks like their kid brother.

PA is and remains old school....stingy- not giving pts away- ride- counter. ..It was my pleasure watching their round of 16- tomorrow I will tune into their semis.

Poulin might look like their kid brother but he’s ranked #2 nationally.

LImarty
NEXT PAGE

Last edited by LImarty on Mar 10, 2019; edited 1 time in total

LImarty
provocathesis.

NOT ALWAYs. Mid -70s...NYS was on line.

AND EVERY YEAR SINCE. There have been individuals from New York that are BETTER than PA Champions

but,

weight class to weight class. PA has 4-6 kids that are marginally better than each other. Not too many falls, techs, or disparaging scores in the semis and finals. This use to be the way of NYS....weight classes that had 3-4 wrestlers who were marginally better.

I want to see the WPIAL ROSTER- for this upcoming dual. DISTRICT 7 was very prominent in the AAA PA States.

my only point about STEVO is he is a runt...compared to the PA wrestlers...who use weight certifications differently than NYS wrestlers
Page 1 of 1