NCAA D-1- brackets uo- "Upsets" View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
NCAA D-1- brackets uo- "Upsets"

LImarty
Of course Im gonna be wrong on this subject 90 % of the time...BUT, I will put it out there the way I see it after checking out the brackets

125 lbs. Of course Im picking Vito to get to Rivera- in the quarters- and then beat Bresser in the semis. He has to get by Foley- If, Vito is wrestling- HE is the best kid in the weight. To face Lee/ Piccininni in the Finals. Beats Picc...loses to Lee. If, Im wrong on Vito- I see Bresser beating Rivera in the semis.

133 lbs. Im fixed on Fix...yet, I can see some upsets in the bottom half of the bracket. Brovo Young vs Micic could be an interesting match-up....and my surprise semi finalist is Austin Desanto.. Huh ??? Yep, the kid cant beat legs- but, he is right there with all the top picks- Suriano, Fix, Micic. Desanto gets to the finals- and loses to Fix.

165 lbs. Chance Marstellar to make it to the semis beating Marinelli ..and gives Joseph all he can handle in the finals.

Oh yeah, if I am wrong....it wouldn't be the first time in my life...lol

WrestlerofthePast
RBY has to get through DeSanto first before Micic.

LImarty
mybad. thanks

Really, perplexed at the 125 lb seeds.

Piccininni in a way go hosed. Bresser I believe has one loss a close one to Rivera- I think OT. IMO Bresser should have gotten the #3 seed...putting Lee in the upper bracket w/ Rivera.

Either way, it will all get worked out- but, I guess the GODs want another Rivera/Lee final match.....I hope Vito or Picc ruins the party.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
mybad. thanks

Piccininni in a way go hosed. Bresser I believe has one loss a close one to Rivera- I think OT. IMO Bresser should have gotten the #3 seed...putting Lee in the upper bracket w/ Rivera.

Either way, it will all get worked out- but, I guess the GODs want another Rivera/Lee final match.....I hope Vito or Picc ruins the party.

I think it was seeded correctly but Picc certainly has a horrible draw on that side. Sean Fausz second round and then Pat Glory most likely after that. Win that one and he's catching Spencer Lee in the semi's. From the interviews I've seen on him this year, he seems to have a pretty good mind set, hopefully it carries him through to a title. Bresser beat Lee this year as well so I'm not sure how he is 4 and Lee is 3, other than Lee's tournament finish last year?

LImarty
that's my point. Bresser should be the #3 seed,

Lee at #4 would put him up on the top side...against Rivera

Im tell'n you quick - LOOK-OUT FOR VITO !!!

Crossface212
Bresser beat Lee last year at Midland but they didint wrestler this year.

LImarty
YES, and lost to Rivera this season - Dec. 18 Cliff Keen finals in a nail bighter. He should have been the #3 seed....Instead he's the #4 yet, if Piccininni had lost to Lee..Bresser most likely would have been the #2 seed. LOL.

Should have been Rivera, Piccininni, Bresser , Lee.

Bressser 25-1

quickpick
LImarty wrote:

Oh I知 ready for Vito. That will be 3 AA痴 for me and I値l only need one more. Between Rasheed, Hemida and Lantry, I知 feeling good!

LImarty
lol....good luck.

that is why 3 1/2....looks good to me.

faceinthemat
LImarty wrote:
mybad. thanks

Me too...I'd love to see either Vito or Picc in the finals....and it can happen

faceinthemat
quickpick wrote:
LImarty wrote:

Oh I知 ready for Vito. That will be 3 AA痴 for me and I値l only need one more. Between Rasheed, Hemida and Lantry, I知 feeling good!

...and don't forget Deprez at 182! He's got a good shot.

LImarty
DAY 1- New York

Rasheed in wrestle backs. - not a great place to be as a senior, this early with a bad knee- and- already with an AA

Yianni winning but, struggling against underlings.

Piccininni gets really tested this morning with Glory who hasnt been scored on.

Vito in the quarters going against the #1 seed Rivera. He is better than Rivera. Rivera will score on mistakes...Vito sometimes gets sloppy.

Tom Lane- Garden City HS/ Cal Poly could be the reason why I owe quick / beer n shot. I remember when his brother wrestled for GC.

I dont see anyone else in the fight for AA- lose early and it becomes a meat grinder...longshot Deprez/Hermida

My upset specials- Vito, Desanto, Marstellar still alive....and Lizak wrestling well.

quickpick
LImarty wrote:
DAY 1- New York

Rasheed in wrestle backs. - not a great place to be as a senior, this early with a bad knee- and- already with an AA

Yianni winning but, struggling against underlings.

Piccininni gets really tested this morning with Glory who hasnt been scored on.

Vito in the quarters going against the #1 seed Rivera. He is better than Rivera. Rivera will score on mistakes...Vito sometimes gets sloppy.

Tom Lane- Garden City HS/ Cal Poly could be the reason why I owe quick / beer n shot. I remember when his brother wrestled for GC.

I dont see anyone else in the fight for AA- lose early and it becomes a meat grinder...longshot Deprez/Hermida

My upset specials- Vito, Desanto, Marstellar still alive....and Lizak wrestling well.

TOM LANE!!!!!!! Yianni should have been more dominant against Lipari for sure, but Chad Red is no slouch especially as a 16 seed. I'm worried about Glory, kid is tough which says that much more about Arujau. Speaking of Vito, I thought he looked sucked out and wouldn't be able to maintain when I first saw him at 125......yesterday, he looked like a monster at that weight. Seabass will have all he can handle IMO. Still hoping the best for Rasheed but man that's a long way back. Hopefully the incentive to score team points (Penn State is not as much of a lock as everyone thought) makes him fight through it one last time. Feeling confident that I'll get 4, Suriano has a tough road to get me that shot. I think we split.

LImarty
yep...on Vito. NO FIRE ...125 lb ...second day exhaustion .

faceinthemat
some guys just cant get through the grind that is the NCAA tourn...look at Marinelli. I was shocked by that one but he got 6th last year....maybe he just cant wrestle that many matches in a couple days.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next