Ghost town.... View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ghost town....

WrestlerofthePast
I bet you're all missing the Billy the Wombat now.....

faceinthemat
yessir

WrestlerofthePast
LImarty always had great insight too....

mbsuxx
LI Marty!!!

How will Sections 8 & 11 do this weekend?

subway101
Well every time a post gets good dialogue it gets deleted so what is the point. I am sure that’s what drove everyone away. It did for me. If there was a questionable comment, delete the comment, not the whole post. So ghost town it is.

mbsuxx
subway101 wrote:
Well every time a post gets good dialogue it gets deleted so what is the point. I am sure that’s what drove everyone away. It did for me. If there was a questionable comment, delete the comment, not the whole post. So ghost town it is.

Smile

Heisenberg
I was hoping to hear from the “real” voice of LI wrestling...... Falcs!

quickpick
Marty hasn’t said a word since Section V swept States last year.

mbsuxx
Smile

LImarty
Hello Section V......Yes, I am still alive. WRESTLING at the High School level to me in NYS....well, how can I be diplomatic about it. I watch College D-1 wrestling and it reminds me of the mid 70s- to- mid 80s on Long Island. Yes, I said it.....and I stand by this.

also, I lost my brother in Sept. While I wrestled for 10 mins- he wrestled for his Lifetime. A gifted HS wrestler- scholarship wrestler- AAU wrestler. Then he was the #1 Wrestling Official in NYS for 20 yrs- and then coached at the HS. level for 15 yrs. Sad to say....without him it is very hard for me to ENJOY the sport at the depth of which I followed it.

Best to the wrestlers from Section V- in Albany. Long Island is good both Suffolk/ Nassau...though, I didn't see ANY DI kids that I would get excited about at the next level.

GoRangers
LImarty wrote:
Hello Section V......Yes, I am still alive. WRESTLING at the High School level to me in NYS....well, how can I be diplomatic about it. I watch College D-1 wrestling and it reminds me of the mid 70s- to- mid 80s on Long Island. Yes, I said it.....and I stand by this.

also, I lost my brother in Sept. While I wrestled for 10 mins- he wrestled for his Lifetime. A gifted HS wrestler- scholarship wrestler- AAU wrestler. Then he was the #1 Wrestling Official in NYS for 20 yrs- and then coached at the HS. level for 15 yrs. Sad to say....without him it is very hard for me to ENJOY the sport at the depth of which I followed it.

Best to the wrestlers from Section V- in Albany. Long Island is good both Suffolk/ Nassau...though, I didn't see ANY DI kids that I would get excited about at the next level.

Sorry for your loss Marty. Best wishes.

mbsuxx
Sorry about your loss Marty.

Please post again after States. Would like to read your thoughts.

WrestlerofthePast
LImarty --

My deepest condolences....I literally just watched the movie, Wrestling with Life (2014) [check it out if you haven't].

We miss you and your take on NYS wrestling!

Don't be a stranger!

LImarty
Thank you for your acknowledgement . My brother and wrestling were synonymous. I went to the Sectin XI semis and the officials had arm bands with my family name. Tough moments with many condolences. We will see if..LImarty doesn't quit the sport again..lol.

WrestlerofthePast
Make sure you check the movie out. It's about two wrestling brothers.....
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next