canadaigua defeats wayne View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
canadaigua defeats wayne

baschamania
candaigua was winning 27-19 with one match to go....

and when i left wayne's kid was beatin ca's 9-2

prolly 27-24 or something

west1
Canandaigua 27 Wayne 25
great matches !!!!

Could have gone either way !
Congrats to both teams for a great effort.

Canandaigua dropped thier weights and it paid off.
Chinn wrestled 145
Gelinas 130
Morrice 135

baschamania
It made my day when Moririce won in overtime then was celebrating and hit his coach in the face hahahaha, that was great, lol.

Oh and I Heard Mandara weighed in around 105, thats pretty light for 112.

Whats up with that?

and what's up with Josh Patterson doing NOTHING but trying to throw Gelinas and trying to jack him up, Josh seems to have no game plan (tonight anyways)...

And Hegadorns... he needs another move other than his head lock Wink

Just my thoughts...

Oh and why didn't Wayne have anyone at 119 for varsity? If catalfamo would've wrestled someone and only decision them, Wayne coulda won. I heard it was because the kid didn't make weight.... that's pretty crappy cuz that partially cost them the dual meet, but then again whose to say that he would've gotten pinned or teched anyways.

barsagar
Everyone dropped to their certified weights to wrestle on Sat and Sun at the Beast of the East. Lineups had to be in Mon so seeding could take place forcing Mandara to be reasonably close to 103 and the same with Gelinas, Morrice, Chinn, and Parsons. It worked out luckily to CA's benefit in their matchups with Wayne tonight

crab_rider
Barsagar,
Good Luck at Beast this weekend! Hope everyone wrestles well.

theWrestler
Who will wrestle 96 for CA. at the Beast?

GP310
Gelinas did nothing but back up out of bounds the whole match. I think if he would have stayed in bounds long enough, Patterson would have come out with the win.

Bringiton
As far as Gelians backing up goes, Patterson never made one serious attempt to initiate an upper body throw in spite of having double underhooks numerous times. All he did was jack up Gelinas and then walk him to the edge of the mat. When Gelinas tried to circle in, Patterson blocked him and insured Gelinas went out of bounds. Gelinas was penalized for stalling and it was an appropriate call by the official. However, the official should have also penalized Patterson for blocking and a lack of a serious takedown attempt.

sportsguy
Bringiton wrote:
As far as Gelians backing up goes, Patterson never made one serious attempt to initiate an upper body throw in spite of having double underhooks numerous times. All he did was jack up Gelinas and then walk him to the edge of the mat. When Gelinas tried to circle in, Patterson blocked him and insured Gelinas went out of bounds. Gelinas was penalized for stalling and it was an appropriate call by the official. However, the official should have also penalized Patterson for blocking and a lack of a serious takedown attempt.

I agree, Patterson never made any serious takedown attempts. He was outwrestled.

GP310
These two match up well in strength, and that's what this match was about. This makes it hard to finish a throw. Galinas also failed to take many shots or attempt many takedowns. I didn't mean to take anything away from Gelinas. After all, he did win the match, and that's what counts. We shall see if they meet again, it should be another good match. How does Gelinas match up against Ingrahm in practice?

GP310
By the way, In no way was Patterson out wrestled. That match definately could have gone either way.

Bringiton
The point I was trying to make was that far to many times Gelinas found himself out of position in double underhooks. You cannot make a shot if everytime there is a tie-up you end up in that position. Patterson does wrestle off-season in freestyle & greco, Gelinas does not. An upper body throw is not so much strength as it is postion and leverage. It was my opinion that Patterson was not really making an attempt since I know he knows what to do in that situation. He did not make any leg attacks that I recall. Gelinas did make one good single leg attack and scored the takedown with back points. One of the few times during the match he was not out of position. I do agree that if & when they meet again and Patterson is a little more motivated to even the score, Gelinas had better be ready.

doug
When will Kyle wrestle and what weight will he wrestle? How did the other CA guys do at the Beast? Congratulations again to Trevor!

sportsguy
Doug wrote:
When will Kyle wrestle and what weight will he wrestle? How did the other CA guys do at the Beast? Congratulations again to Trevor!

I agree a follow up Gelinas/Patterson would be a good match. It was a great match overall between Wayne and Cdga. I heard the top CA guys did well - Chinn, Morris and Gelinas.
Page 1 of 1