SMALL SCHOOLS

Holley ranked #8

baschamania
Complete Rankings Razz

December 31, 2003

Large schools
1. Spencerport-5 (6-0)
2. Valley Central-9 (12-0)
3. tie Canandaigua-5 (5-0) and Minisink Valley-9 (9-2)
5. Huntington-11 (1-0)
6. Wayne-5 (4-1)
7. Islip-11 (2-0)
8. Fulton-3 (9-1)
9. Monroe-Woodbury-9 (10-1)
10. Gouverneur-10 (4-0)
11. Sachem-11 (4-1)
12. Newark Valley-4 (9-0)
13. MacArthur-8 (3-2)
14. Chenango Forks-4 (6-2)
15. South Jefferson-3 (5-1)
16. Massapequa-8 (2-0)
17. Queensbury-2 (3-0)
18. Shenendehowa-2 (5-0)
19. Peru-7 (4-0)
20. Vestal-4 (6-2)
21. B.-G.-Afton- 4 (5-0)
22. Fredonia-6 (6-2)
23. Beekmantown- 7 (3-0)
24. Mexico-3 (3-1)
25. Niagara- Wheatfield-6 (3-0)
26. Ballston Spa-2 (8-1)
27. Whitney Point-4 (6-1)
28. Suffern-1 (6-1)
29. Riverhead-11 (2-0)
30. tie Niskayuna-2 (6-2) and Hudson Falls-2 (5-2).

Small schools

1. Beaver River-3 (7-1)
2. Mohawk-3 (4-0)
3. North Adirondack-7 (6-2)
4. Hoosick Falls-2 (9-0)
5. Tioga-4 (5-2)
6. Salem-2 (8-1)
7. Unatego-4 (5-1)
8. Holley-5 (4-0)
9. Adirondack-3 (7-2)
10. Lowville-3 (8-2)
11. Greene-4 (3-5)
12. Caledonia-Mumford-5 (3-1)
13. Lansing-4 (5-2)
14. Croton-Harmon-1 (3-0)
15. tie Whitehall-2 (6-2)
Portville-6 (2-0) and Canastota-3 (4-0).

Spencerport 1, Wayne 6, Valley Central 2, How does this change the U.E. Seedings Surprised

pinnum
The rankings are a Joke! Portville (Section 6) is ranked. But yet They are not ranked in the Big 30 and as a matter of fact they are not even given an honorable mention. Bolivar-Richburg is in the same league as portville and they are ranked 3rd in the big 30. but yet no state ranking for them. How about Jasper-Troupsberg who destroyed most of the competition At the Portville tourny. Untill losing the tittle to Hilton (large school)in the finals, they were 1st the whole day. So as far as i can see The big 30's rankings should be a lot more acurate than those of the states. For the teams included in it that is. But dont forget Genese Valley CSD who got a big 30 honorable mention. So lets see some more teams ranked in the state if these sad teams are.

Why dont we rank more teams if in most sports they rank the top 20 or so in every class. with 4-5 classes that is atleast 100 schools ranked! Something needs to be changed to get the schools that deserve to be ranked the rankings they deserve!

wrestle5050
no one cares about jasper or bolivar or portville, everyone is more excited about the U-E duals because that is a better tourny then portville. we will see the true rankings after the U-E duals

pinnum
The point of the post was not that thoe are some top state teams the point was if teams are ranked in the state but not in there local areas then there must be a big problem with the way the state rankings are conducted. This was just a prime example! I am sure that we could find many more across the state!

shirleythegreat1
ok for one thing to wrestle5050 some people do care about jasper and boliver and portville and some people down here in the small schools could care less who wins the u.e duals
and second i think those rankings for small schools are horrible considering the fact that holley looks really weak this year and cal mum has looked weak for the past two years. im from letchworth and i think that if cal mum and holley are ranked then we shud be ranked to because i believe in duals we would beat them staright up

wrestler171
I agree Shirley, but section V small schools get no respect except for Cal-Mum and Holley who show up every yea,r regardless of their records. Holley is rebuilding and Cal-Mum has lost 3 duels. Look at last year, Hornell won everything, Div. 1, the County Title and still was never mentioned while Cal-Mum was ranked all year, Go Figure. The same will happen to a very solid Letchworth team this year, No Respect.

spectatorfan
i think olympia might be some where in the mix now that they beat mexico and lost close to govenour Exclamation

musicfreak
Attica, Brockport, Rush-Henrietta, Schroeder, and Brighton are all better than Olympia. Not only did they beat them in the Attica Tournament, Attica, R-H, & Brockport would certainly crush Olympia in a dual.

mktgdir
I think you need to take another look at Olympia. This is a solid team that probably deserves a NY State ranking based on their performance at the U-E Duals. They field a full dual meet line-up with no easy matches. Seven of their wrestlers are currently ranked on ArmDrag and the others are strong young athletes that are rapidly improving. While not yet in Spencerport's class I think the Spartans match up very well with both RH and Brockport.

The Spartans beat NY State ranked Mexico (#24) at the U-E Duals last weekend even though Mexico won the Mathew Marino (Webster) Tournament earlier this season. This is largely due to the fact that Olympia isn't fielding varsity 96 and 275 lbers this season. They were also undermanned and weakened at Attica due to a flu virus that hit the team hard that week (as some other teams were too I'm sure). But remember, the polls are dual meet polls.

RH, Brockport, and the other very dedicated and successful teams in Section V deserve a lot of credit. These are class programs that everyone associated with Olympia respects. Like these programs the Spartans have built up a very successful youth and modified feeder program and train extremely hard year round. This is still a young team that looks to continue improving this season and certainly next year.

Section5 2004
We couldn't agree more, it is very obvious, to the informed fan, what the improvements at GO are. The feeder program is working and the kids are working hard and you have some excellent coaches. Setting your goals high, like competing at UE is admirable and will pay dividends for your program. The people whotake shots at you are not wrestling fans, they are
" their fans" not the sport of wrestling. They do not want you to succeed, they want you to fail, they revel in the failures of others, as people they are really quite pitiful.
Keep up the good work, and don't dismay, the real fans are watching and GO is doing a great job, keep it up, the sport needs more success-anywhere and everywhere!!

BPortBlueDevils04
The state rankigs, for the most part are partison, with people playing favorites and most times ignoring strength of schedule
seniority of teams etc. You have to be confident in the obvious improvements that Greece Olympia has made. Kids working hard, in amost every match, beating kids that beat them before, placing higher that ever. Keep it up, you have to wrestle for yourselves in this section and state. Your competitors are talkin about your improvements, nothin nicer than that.

musicfreak
I'm not saying Olympia is not good or shouldn't be ranked, all I'm saying is that if Olympia gets ranked, then Attica, Brockport, & R-H should be also because I believe, for this season at least, they are better teams.

agey55
I still think that the unsung team right now is still attica... solid up and down. Haggerty, Carpenter, Wassink, Carter, Rusiniak are just a few of the wrestlers who I believer were all seeded first at the Attica tourny... I could be wrong though. And the Attica Tourny is by no means an easy one. I know kids who were elminated here and placed high in Genesee Valley.

wrestler171
i don't disagree, they are solid but i don't see the significance
of attica kids bein seeded # 1 at the attica tourny, now there's a shock?
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next