Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spencerport 30 Wayne 24

the kind one
In the championship match at UE

Bringiton
A post from the section III forum:

2921. UE Results
by UEguy, 1/3/04 21:01 ET
Spencerport 30, Wayne 24 . Baxter quick pin in final match to win it. Refs let stalling go way, way, way too far on both sides.

VC by 10 over Minisink for 3rd. Give VC credit for coming back after a tough loss. They did not letdown and wrestled with alot of heart.

Fulton beat Gouverneur for 5th by about 30 points

Queensbury over UE

Earlier consolation matches, Fulton beat QB.. Gouv. beat Greece.... UE 39-31 over Mexico. I think that's all.

Individual matches - That was Eliot Smith getting beat by Jon Jones and yes TECHPIN, that is an upset and considering the score, a BIG upset.Also, Woodward from Sp. beat Daryl Ford in a close one. A kid from Wayne beat Prutzman. QB kid, Charpentier (I think) beat Osman.If any of these are wrong you can shoot me. They don't always get announced....

rangerfan
does anyone know individual weight results? Id like to know if legas is still undefeated

the kind one
SPENCERPORT 30, WAYNE 24

103-- Eric Piedmonte (S) dec. Steve Singley, 5-1; 112-- Derek Gray (S) pinned Vinny Bianchi, 5:07; 119-- Bryan Bourne (S) won by forfeit; 125-- Josh Patterson (W) dec. Jason Woodward, 5-0; 130-- Luke Baun (W) dec. Brett Woodward, 3-2; 135-- Nate Patterson (W) dec. Dan Tomasso, 5-4; 140-- Alex Pagan (W) pinned Adam Snook, 3:30; 145-- Mike Terenzi (S) won by tech. fall over Casey Hegedorn, 17-2; 152-- Ryan Lamagna (W) dec. Mike Coldura, 1-1, referee criteria; 160-- Matt Legas (S) dec. Mike Scheidt, 4-1; 171-- Joe Zazo (W) dec. Sebastian Baliva, 3-1; 189-- Mike Johnson (W) dec. Jared Placknetto, 1-0; 215-- Alex Baxter (S) pinned Grant Garnett, :29.

Bringiton
Anyone know why wayne forfeited at 119? They did the same vs. CA and was probably what cost them a win in both cases.

baschamania
I don't think that cost them a win, Spencerport 119 punder is Bryan Bourne and he is an amazing athelete. If Wayne didn't wanna put out kid, he must not of been that great. So it seems as if that would be an obvious win for Spencerport (that weight). Also, I heard talk that they were trying to catch Jason Woodward off guard and have him not be ready and then go out their unprepared and have Josh Patterson get a pin. Either way, Spencerport got the job done.

wrestling007
I doubt that Wayne was trying to catch Woodward off gaurd since they dont have a 119 he had quit the team because of personal reasons but now he is back. I figured you would have known that though since you know everything else.

baschamania
People like you really piss me off. I said I HEARD they were trying to catch him off guard. I didn't **** say that is what I thought did I. They weighed in and ANNOUCNED a 119 poudner, so let me spell that out for you, Someone weighed in at 119 pounds, and then in the finals "and wrestilng tonight at 119 pounds, from Spencerport Bryan Bourne, and from Wayne... whoever" So don't sit here and tell me they don't have a 119 pounder.

wrestling007
I bet that they had 2 112 pounders but I gaurantee they did not have anyone weigh in at 119. I saw the weigh in sheet did you?????????

baschamania
No I did not. But they introduced a 119 pounder. But dude who cares, the u-e duals are over.

Bringiton
I know who Brian Bourne is. I know his whole family and have a lot of respect for them. His brother Mike had a great carerer oddly that started in Wayne and ended in Spencerport. They are good people. However you seem to think Brian is superman or something and many coaches are afraid to send a guy out to face him. I think that is a bit over the top. My whole point is that any dual meet with closely matched teams needs to put the best they have out there. A less experienced athlete may not win but perhaps he gives up only 3 or 4. This can have a big impact on the choices both coaches make for who they send out for subsequent bouts. They obviously try get the matchups they think will work best for them. It's even harder now since the match can begin at any weight class and really mess up a game plan. It is a chess match sometimes and if you take some of your pieces off the board you limit your options.

barsagar
Bringiton, nice analogy with the chess pieces. Hopefully all could follow the logic. Hey, with this new set-up I thought we had lost the wrestling FREAK forever..............but he's back!
This Basch-a-maniac dude sure sounds alot like the FREAK especially when he's questioned or brought to task by someone. Could this be a wolf in sheep's clothing, the return of the FREAK, or a blood relative? Or maybe they are pen pals or the FREAK is writing the script
Enjoy your trip this week-end

PFCnumber1
Bachamamaniac u dont' even know what ur talkin about. Have u ever wrestled in ur life. Maybe if u weren't a senior on jv you would know somethin. And take them girl earings out of ur ear.

doug
If they wrestled again the final score might not be as close....Wayne won 3 matches by 1 point and 1 match on criteria......this is NOT to take anything away from Wayne......they have a great team and have developed a great program......it does show how tough Spencerport is.......even if you have a great team and you win all 4 of the closest matches they're still tough to beat.........whatever happened to the FREAK?.....he kept things lively......

agey55
yeah the freak was awesome... but anyway, I don't care what basch said or didn't say. Whether he said something or not, there is not a coach in Section V who would be "afraid" of sending a kid out to wrestle and gain experience against a tough opponent. I don't know who Brian bourne is and I hope I hear of him come state qualifier time but if a coach holds someone back from gaining mat time just because the opponent is a great wrestler then he is no coach at all. That's just my opinion though because I feel everyone needs to get as much wrestling in as possible before the second season (sectionals and beyond).