Girls Wrestling View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Girls Wrestling

takedown44
Just wondering if there were many girls that competed in wrestling with all controversy that is involved. i realize that many girls wouldnt be very good competing against guys because guys tend to build more muscle in highschool but if a girl was determined enough she would have a fighting chance. Any thoughts or opinions?

Last edited by takedown44 on Jan 13, 2004; edited 1 time in total

scots
I hate seeing girls wrestling in boys tournaments. I don't care if they are the toughest person in the world; it just ain't right!

bcomst
Hey "scots" why do u dislike seeing girls at wrestling tournaments?? Are u afraid of losing to a girl? As I see it if a girl is dedicated enough to become a decent wrestler she should have the same chance a guy has because i dont think there is any rule that states that a girl can not wrestle.

shirleythegreat1
i agree i think that if a girl is determined enough then she should i know many people who are good wrestlers that have lost to girls

wc58
When you prepare for a match, you prepare to dominate and in some cases beat the daylights out of the opposition. If a girl is wants to face a wrestler that trains this way then in my book she is welcome. There are a lot of wrestlers that benefit from a career that invoved them in a limmited capacity. Some kids have success at the modified, J.V. ,and especially the youth level and never become a regular in a varsity line up. A girl that has a career like this could gain the same benefit as a boy. I'm not type-casting, just being realistic!

crawfordn
Its fairly obvious that girls would have more trouble wrestling due to their lack of muscle in many cases. I certainly wouldnt have a problem wrestling with a girl, for I did for the first 10 years of my life. Tabitha Stauffer was from Way-Co and she had the potential to make any guy look like a fool. Of course this isnt how she saw it because she wrestled all her life. She was one of the better wrestlers in our youth program, unfortunantly she wasnt able to build muscle like the guys and had some difficulty. Overall, I welcome girls to wrestling. They know what they are getting into. Its totally up to them.

agey55
One name... Emmie Conway... nuff said.

DisneyWrestler
girls wrestling is ok with me too. The numbers are down anyways. I have wrestled a girl befor and she knew what to do but didetn have the strength.

the_gr8_oriental
I dont mind the girls that do wrestle but the girls that i do like wrestling are the really hot ones

eldarc_the_wolf
I second that one oriental the hot ones are the best... looking but u know they do not have the streangth from what i've seen to really compete in sectionals... nuff said

takedown44
Whats so bad about losing to a girl? In this world basically anything a guy does a girl has the right to do also so wouldnt losing to a girl be the same as losing to a guy? Because although girls are said to be "weak" its obvious thats changing. Also one advantage that girls have over guys is that they are usually built smaller and so they are quicker.

dmbhead23
there was a really good girl wrestler from geneva about 4 or 5 years ago.
Page 1 of 1