- beat Wayne 27-25... not quite as bad as Spencerport beat them
- beat R-H 33-32... not quite as bad as Brockport beat them

5. Rush-Henrietta
- lost to Brockport 25-28
- lost to Canandaigua 32-33

6. Wayne
- lost to Spencerport 24-30, one match shy of winning
- lost to Canandaigua 25-27, one match shy of winning

Man, Section 5 is so dominant team-wise. I hope the rankings dudes are paying attention. I think the only other team in the state that's as good as these 6 teams is Huntington, who beat Canandaigua by 9.5 points at the Windsor Tournament.

wrestling007
Just wondering what the rankings would be if CA beats S-Port and Wayne beats CA at sectionals even though they lost to them in a dual but the allready beat them in a tournament by over 40 points. Which team would you rank first?

the kind one
State Rankings are based on dual meets only. Tournaments have no barring on the rankings....

wrestle5050
how can wayne and Ca not be ranked on top with spencerport? I don't get it. Ca beat rush and wayne knocked off the number 2 in the state valley central. Plus CA is number #2 in the stae and Wayne is #4. How can three other teams in the state get a ranking higher in the section. I do believe section 5 is a tough section for dual meets no question about it but I don't feel rush should be ranked that high just because they only lost by a point to Ca. They haven't wrestled anyone really tough. Attica won a tournament over Ca doesn't mean they will beat Ca is the dual and Borckport hasn't even wrestled anyone tough yet.

agey55
Now I've always said that Attica was an unsung team and that they are better than what people think, but I wouldn't put them at number 2. They are a fantastic team but Wayne would beat them like they stole a loaf of bread. And tournament standings are merely of circumstance. Head to head; CA, Wayne, and BP would light them up like Lebron. No offense to my cross-town rivals.

baschamania
I think Brockport and Rush should be ranked but not that high. And just because a team beat a team by more points than another will never get them a higher state ranking. To get a higher ranking then someone, you have to beat that team, or beat a team that beat them.

musicfreak
Well, if you say that in order to be ranked higher than another team, you have to beat them or beat another team that beat them, then how can you rank CA & Wayne so high? They haven't beaten Brockport or R-H or any team that has beaten them.

Why should Wayne be ranked above Brockport or R-H? Because they took second at the Union Endicott duals? Big deal. They still lost to Cananadaigua worse than R-H did. R-H & Wayne would certainly be a close match.

At this point in time, all we have to go by is who beats who and by how much. According to the information we currently have, there's no question that those rankings are about as fair you can muster.

PFCnumber1
how can u say big deal that wayne came in second at the U-E duals at least they have the balls to go there and in case u didnt know they beat the second ranked team in the state there who has RH beaten o thats right no one they lost to brockport who isnt that great and CA who is a solid team and RH only lost bye one les point than wayne, wayne would match up alot bette ragainst RH than CA did its all about the match ups but think wat u want if i wish Ca and wayne could wrestle again it might bea lil diff but no excuses CA is a really tough team but RH and Brockport are nto as good as u think, they are tough but not better than wayne or the other teams u have them in front of

west1
Section V is dominant - However dual meets are all how you match up on any certain day.

The standings should be as follows
1. Spencerport
2. Canandaigua
3. Wayne
4. Brockport
5. RH
6. Attica
7. Greece Olympia

baschamania
The main thing that decides Spencerport's ranking is that they go undefeated in Section 5 (except for a couple losses , and that cost them the state ranking), but also went to the U-e Duals and beat (IN DUAL MEETS) the other top team(s) in the state. Until someone beats Spencerport, a team cannot be ranked higher than Spencerport. And if you want to be ranked higher than the team that beats Spencerport you have to beat that team, and have no other losses. This logic comes from Glen Irving, I just re-worded it a little.

Before the U-E Duals, Valley Central was ranked #2, and Wayne beat them, so like agr585 (i mean PCFnumber1) said, Wayne got the #2 ranking. However, since Wayne lost to Canandaiguia, and Canandaigua has no other losses, Canandaigua gets ranked higher than Wayne.

R-H, Brockport, Attica, and whoever else probably won't be ranked until they meet a state ranked team and then their going to have to work their way up the ladder of rankings. The only way around that is to beat a team in the top 5 or top 10.

musicfreak, it is a big deal that they took second at U-e Duals. Like I said, (and Glen Irving will even confirm it) Just because a team looses to a team worse than another team or lost by fewer points, won't change the rankings. A win is a win. And it seems to me that your from Attica because come time to a dual meet tournament or in a dual meet, Attica would not win over Wayne, Canandaigua or Rush-Henreitta. And your only reasons for ranking Brockport ahead of Canandaigua are they beat a team worse and that doesn't count. Also, Wayne & Canandaigua Don't need to beat any teams like R-H or Brockport because they have already establisihed themselves and R-H and Brockport arn't in the top 30, so beating them wouldn't do anything for the rankings.

And wrest1's rankings look the most correct and accurate...

The standings should be as follows
1. Spencerport
2. Canandaigua
3. Wayne
4. Brockport
5. RH
6. Attica
7. Greece Olympia

Wayne, Canandaigua, and Spencerport are the three top teams in the state. They travel all over the state, they wrestle the best competetion, and they have solid teams. Until the other teams prove themeselves around the state and not just in Section 5, its doubtful that their going to get a ranking.

Just my thoughts.

PFCnumber1
agreed

agey55
I would switch RH and Attica... I've seen both programs and have wrestled with Attica. Just my opinion though.

west1
I would like to see CA and RH at UE next year.
Section V would do well.

jcwas
I go to Attica and I would say that we are more of a tournament team than a dual meet team because of a the several forfeits and inexperienced kids. Therefore it would be hard to rank us high in the section going solely by dual meet capability.

jcwas
Oh and also Basch, not to create a hissy fit but I would say Attica wrestles a schedule as tough as Wayne and Spencerport. But we aren't in the hunt for the top team in the state so dual meets with potential top teams isn't always necessary (like the U-E duals).

Just my thoughts.