Baxter @ 189# View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Baxter @ 189#

freedmone
I have heard that Baxter is on his way to 189#...He's been wrecking people at 215...If he gets there and is healthy and I was 189...I would seriously consider eating 5 meals a day and going heavy...

rugbyrules
why would he go 189 .if he has to suck weight to get there then he will be weaker. he should stay at 215.ithink he will place at state and probably very high

agey55
I know he has a great chance of going to states... but don't look THAT far into the future... it can be cause for disaster if he does that himself, trust me I know.

jcwas
I think Baxter would do worse at 189.

the kind one
Your just afraid of him, admit it.

agey55
only an idiot wrestler is "afraid" of another wrestler and one with the calibur of that of wassink wouldn't be "afraid" of him. Wassink's a hard worker and he'd take it to Baxter.

jcwas
What's there to be scared of??? It's a wrestling match not a fight to the death. I'm not on here to bad mouth anyone or brag but I would be delighted to wrestle him and I know for a fact that i'd give him a good match. I think he would be worse at 189 because he's kinda slow and defensive which fits right in with most of the other 215 pounders. When he's at states there's about 4 or 5 kids I know of that would give him a run for his money...if those kids i'm thinking of are large school. I can't say that about 215... but it's his choice not mine.

Last edited by jcwas on Jan 19, 2004; edited 1 time in total

scots
I'm sure Baxter's plan to come down has been well thought out by him, coaching staff, and family supporters. You can bet that crew knows about who's out there in NYS at both weights. I also agree the people hoping Baxter stays at 215 are the 189lbers. In section 5 even if Alex has a bad day at Supers he still makes it to states. 189 is not half as tough as it was last year when probably at least 6-8 wretlers from section 5 could win on any given day against each other.
Also Wassink makes it for small schools with minimal problems from Meyer and Kellogg (?spelling) from Canaseraga.

scots
Wassink, I want you to stop commenting on this site, that's an order. I have to much respect for you to find you feeding into this dialogue. As for me I'm an old man that doesn't have many other things in his life going on but has some fairly good wisdom in this game. Continue to keep your focus on you and you'll be fine. Any more comments from you about 189 and I'm telling coach. Please don't comment back, just continue to kick xxxx.

freedmone
I think you will see Baxter continue his quest from 189#...He may bounce around for duals @ 215 (team strength)...His ultimate goal is to return to the states for a run @ the title...I agree w/ "scots" I am sure this approach has been carefully mapped out since the season began...

the kind one
looking at the brackets at 189 for states, he should have a very good shot at making it to the finals.

rugbyrules
kind 1. Don't you have to wrestle half your matches at the weight your going in sectionals.??? I heard that but did'nt know if it was true.

PittsfordPantherFan
Should be but isn't. And 2nd day weigh-ins should be in effect at tournaments.

the kind one
i think in other sections that is true, but for section 5, it is not. A good example of this is both Brongo and Terenzi dropping to weights they didnt wrestle in all season

headstrong215
is baxter large or small school