Pavilion Tourny View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Pavilion Tourny

agey55
Talk about a large sized "JV" tournament. A varsity tourny that seemed it was a Jivver match up. But I can't take away from Sikes beating Gugel in the finals at 135. And Gilmore from Alexander bumped up and lost to Gugel in the crossovers 7-5 in the last few moments of the match.

In my opinion, the only weight class worth watching was 135 and other than that it wasn't worth the 2 dollars to get in. But wrestling is wrestling is wrestling so I can't complain. Congrats to Nick Sikes from Way-Co for beating Gugel and good luck to them both in sectionals.

teamhof
sikes got lucky against gugel and if gugel does see him again i think gugel will get him no doubt about it

crawfordn
Well my thought is this.......how lucky could he have possibly gotten. He beat Gilmore 4-2....Gugel beat Gilmore 7-5......sounds like they were both pretty even. That was bound to be the best match of the tournament. Sikes didnt get lucky. They both wrestled a good match, and Sikes came out on top. I dont see why anyone is putting Sikes down for winning this match. He has the potential to wrestle with almost anyone. I think he was well overdue for a big win like this one. Great Job Sikes, you finally wrestled in a tournament the way you do in practice.

teamhof
im not trying to put him down its just that gugel was off his guard...but i kno this for sure he did have the takedown in the last couple seconds but the ref was to tired and ne ways there should be more than 3 refs to a tourney so that there are at least to refs in the finals so that they can discuss the stiuation like that

wrestler171
Congrats to Sikes for beatin Gugel. The rest of the finals looks like the who's who of kids who-never-place. What has happened to small school competition? WoW

agey55
well here's how I see it... Sikes beat gugel fair and square and congratulations to him for doing it. But he beat Gilmore by fleeing and stall the entire last half of the second period and the entire third. Gilmore was also up a weight class and he was still under and could have wrestled 30 but neamon wanted to give our usual 35 a chance at placing which he did at 130. So to tell you the truth... the best match of that tourny was Gugel vs. Gilmore and if you watched it you know what i'm talking about.

wrestler03
you are right the tourny was pretty weak and the sikes gugel match coulda went either way but i thought that Taylr from BR would gert MOW he walked through the tounry pinning and teching everyone he teched the kid in the finals early in the second period i would look for him at the end of the year to be a competator

sabinsj
sikes did great at this tournament. there is no way he got lucky, it doesn't matter how you feel while wrestling if your good enough you find a way to win. sikes is so underestimated. sikes deserved mow, i can name a lot of people who teched and pinned everyone. roy pragle and i did it. this ternament is weak yes but people like sikes deserve this win

LCAAChamp03
every dog has his day. In any match anyone can win a given match if the guys are evenly matched. We'll have to see. Sikes has never finished better than 5th in Counties, so this would be an upset at this point. If he wins LCAA and makes a top 2 showing at BBBB, then this was no fluke.

wrestlechamp
Why isnt the pavilion touney posted on armdrag????

Who won at 96 and 119

GG08
The results are posted under The Steve Garland Tourney

girlwrestler
small tourny...but interesting Cool