injury Rule? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
injury Rule?

matty5
could someone explain how a kid , obviusly losing, can cry out as is in pain, take a little break, get a drink and hop right back out on the mat as if nothing happened? I thought there were no time outs in wrestling. why do refs let this happen?

DisneyWrestler
i belive that the rule also says that the person will lose one point the first time and then the match is over after either 2 or 3 cry outs. but im not sure

teamten
unfortunatly, there are time outs in wrestling now. you can ask for injury time during any break in the action. only a total of two miutes i think.

wrestlingfan03
Cry outs count as injury time. If you are on your back, your opponent gets a point. I believe after the second or third injury timeout, the opponent gets choice on how to restart the match. After that they forfeit the match. I believe thats how it is anyways.

DisneyWrestler
that sounds right.

bakrongal204
thats right. it is a stupid rule if you look at it the way you are matty, but if you look at it at a different way, it is a good rule. What if someone is really getting hurt? Best example of this would be Jimmy Clark when he was wrestling Gillespie and Clark tried to roll out from being put on his back. Gillespie caught him and seconds later Clark was crying out. The match ended right then and Jim Clark just got back from injury in the Hilton duel. So, in most cases, yes people abuse the rule, but the rule is there for a reason.

allen
thanks bakron, your post are always so enlightening. im glad that we all get to read your intellegent opinions on the wrestling world.
Page 1 of 1