The New D&C coaches Poll View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The New D&C coaches Poll

brummble78
I dont know... How can brockport and rush be tied--- Brockport beat Rush in Dual meet 27-24 then beat them at counties also, 2 main indications that brockport should be ranked higher. Why dont peple let it go that Brockport is a little better than rush this year.... (I know im Gonna Get crap From a lot of Rush kids...lol)

wrestlerman52
Ok maybe Brockport did beat them in counties and in a dual but you also have to consider that RH beat Brockport in both the Geneva and Attica tournaments. At counties RH was without their starting 152lber and had two wrestlers lose that usually are in the hunt for top 4 at every tournament. And just remember this is a coaches poll so the coaches must think that RH and Brockport are equal to each other.

brummble78
When looking at 2 teams and comparing them the best way to do it is obviously having the teams wrestle Right?... they did and b-port won by 3...mmm how do the coaches determine a tie? Even though its slim, there is still a margin

wrestler171
I know the small school/large school divisions are new this year but you would think that coaches would know that Attica is in the small school division, Div. 2 and would be number 2 behind Holley. I don't believe that Attica elected to go large school this year did they? And how can Cal-Mum continue to rank in these polls regardless of record, they lost like 3 duels at least?
Maybe ARMDRAG can clear this up with the D&C Coaches poll?

soapbox
Using the criteria mentioned above, how is Attica (assuming they are a large school) rated after Brockport and RH? They beat Brockport in a dual and they won the Attica tournament .

armdrag
Site Admin
It appears that the D&C is still living in the past, leaving Attica as a large school. (Last year, for instance, A & B schools were "large" and C & D schools were "small". Attica was B.) The D&C's large/small cutoff looks like it continues to be about 400 students.

This year, since the official Division I/Division II cutoff is 600, Attica should likely be "small" and probably be ranked there. Other formerly large school teams like Hornell, Haverling, Waterloo, and probably others should likely be ranked in the small school rankings as well.

Personally, I wish they would rank them, if not by Div. I/Div. II or by class, then by small, medium, and large: A/AA = large, B/BB = medium, and BBB/BBBB = small.

Last edited by armdrag on Feb 5, 2004; edited 2 times in total

Wrestling4ME
Im pretty sure bath has beaten 2 or 3 of the teams on there leroy, cal mum and i think there was another.

SectionV 04
pretty puzzling how a COACHES poll can be off this much, Cal-Mum has been beaten several times and bath and hornell not mentioned while pavilion and marion, get real. It looks as though many coaches must ignore this and never turn in there choices i would guess.

bakrongal204
I really dislike the D & C when it comes to wrestling. I went down to Pal-Mac to coach our pee wee wrestling club at the pal-mac pee wee tourny last weekend, and they had all the articals from their newspaper on the wall. I noticed whole pages with pictures and just awesome stuff. Then I look at the D & C and I see a little small section usually with wrong names and wrong scores. I just wish we could have gotten more publicity, being the coolest sport and all. Cool <---If our sport was an emoticon

t11475
B-port should be ranked higher than R-H because they beat them in a dual. You can't use tournament finishes as a basis for rankings because kids are mostly matched up w/ kids from other teams that they wouldn't have wrestled in a dual of the two teams in question. Ex: a R-H kid wrestling a Fairport, or Greece kid instead of Brockport. These matches can lead to wide differences in team scoring depending on what kind of matchups you get. As for saying that R-H was missing their starting 152 guy, you know the saying "xxxx happens"?, every team has to deal with guys out of the lineup and you can't use it as an excuse. The only way to settle it is to have a dual, which B-port won. The end. B-port should be ranked higher that R-H.

Lowsingle101
I believe Attica should be ranked higher than B-Port bc they beat them in a dual meet and just lost to CA by 6. This is just me though.

beenthere
I agree that the articles and wall at Pal-Mac look great not only for wrestling but they acknowlegde all of their sports and athletes. There are always a lot of athletes and schools that get overlooked by the polls in the D&C. Most of the time with these polls and when they pick the all star teams it comes donw to a popularity contest and they don't actually look at the stats of the individuals.

wrestler679
Brockport has not been wrestling very good lately they started the season fast but seemed to have peaked already mean while Rh has been steadlygetting better all year.Rh was hurt last week by not having there starting 152lb who has placed no lower than 4th in ever tournment but 1.I also belive it's harder to win tournments as aTEAM than to sneak out a win in a duel A team has to wrestle good all day or 2 days to win .I'm tired of hearing Brockport beat Rh yeah you guys won but alot of thinks went wrong for RH that night 1 of RH light weight was kicking crap of the Bpprt kid and got stuck and the Bport coach was a pro at stalling when his kids needed a blow.RH has won 3 tournments this year has Bport wonany?If rhand bportwereto wrestle 10 times rh would win8 maybe 9.and whoever keeps voting olympia for state rankings needs to go to rehab and get sober there having agood season but not that good thy not even in the top 10 in section 5.

musicfreak
What are you talking about? Brockport just took 2nd at the Monroe County Tourney, beating R-H by about 15 points. Since they also beat R-H in a dual, all signs indicate that they're a little better this year. Accept it.

t11475
wrestler679: In response to your absolutely rediculous post, I have to say this. You make a point by saying R-H was won 3 tourneys this year. Two of these had almost no good teams at and the only good tourney they did win was Geneva. Who was right behind them? Brockport. Brockport goes to good out of section tourneys w/ tough teams like Columbia. Then you babble on about your 52 lber. This is just more excuses. Every team has to deal w/ kids out of the lineup, injuries, inelligibility, etc. Get over it. Brockport has wrestled good all year and for you to say that R-H would win probably 8-9 times out of 10 is a complete joke. R-H is a good team but just behind Brockport.

Attica did beat Brockport, but is a small school so they should be ranked there.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next