Sec. V powerhouses propsal?! View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
Sec. V powerhouses propsal?!

pinnum
I think that everyone knows that the teams are improving in section V. That "the gap is closing" amoung the section v teams. more teams are becoming power houses. Every other section thinks that it is not the case. They seem to think that sec. V is getting weaker and that is why the gap is closeing.

This is why i propose that we prove to all sections and NYS that we have the best teams. I think that we should set up a duel tourny or just a bunch of duel meets.

Basketball did the samething this year. They set up the capital shoot out at blue cross. Because upstate was not getting any respect. I think this is exactly what Sect. V wrestling needs to do.Maybe even it could expand to eventually become more like the Prime-time shootout (with more states invited). But right now... we need something to help rank the top state teams.

We need to set up duel meets with the top teams in the state (even if it isnt a duel tourny). By holding it at a large location such as Blue cross. you are able to hold a larger crowd. and have more than one duel at a time. Then when all the top teams come, even if they dont wrestle a team, they will be able to watch the compatition and gauge themselves on it. I am sure that this would give Section V respect and it would draw more fans and funds to sect. V and the sport of wrestling.

Please give some feed back on theis idea. i am sure it isnt perfect. but it is a start.

bakrongal204
actually, that would be a cool idea. Get a big duel tourny going with as many other section teams as possible as well as the 5 best section V teams. If you could get the blue cross arena, or even ESL center, you could have a whole load of teams. Put down like 8 mats, have 16 or 32 teams and have an actual advancing tourny, not a round robin. One team wins and advances to quarters, or semis, or finals. Like that, that way there will be enough time and you can have more teams. Span it within 2 days and talk the tourny up. Im sure Spencerport, Canadaguia, and Wayne could represent us quite well.

pinnum
This could also be used for the smaller schools... Everyone knows that the small school rankings are even more screwed up than the large school... so if there was 2-4 different divisions it would really make for a great showing! Even if it was just duel meets and not a tourny it would still be the closest thing small schools will ever get!

agey55
well that's a great idea but i think my idea that iposted a while back was good too... with the whole team sectional duel meet champs and then state tourny like that... i just didn't have it all at the same time.

DisneyWrestler
i think this idea wouldbe a good idea. split it like the state tourney but all dual meets. small vs small and large vs large.

I doubt this will happen soon but it would be a good thing for the sport.

pinnum
It doesnt even have to be "the state duels" just have more high quality teams matching up at more places than the UE duels. then more state caliber teams will be able to see each other. if u have some of the best teams go to UE and then have another one in Rochester u will have overlapping teams and with the new teams there will be more ways to judge the top NYS team. Right now UE is the only way. So have another high-level event and that will Lower the level of the UE duels and put some of it in rochester. This will make the rankings more accurate. Having 2 different large profile events on different weekends and in different areas will get more teams traveling. After all shouldnt the rest of the state travel also. I mean every year Sec. V is on top and every year sec. V travels.
Page 1 of 1