super states ??? View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 1
super states ???

rugbyrules
i really dislike the idea of two state champs instead of the traditional 1. why not add an extra week wrestle the champions from small school against the champions from the big school. then we would have 1 true champion , not to mention the extra revenue it would bring in!!!! Rolling Eyes

agey55
practicing another whole week for just one match would be kind of redundant and also it would take away from the honor of being state champion from the wrestler who lost. If it just happens to be 1 out of 10 time where a wrestler would lose then it makes that wrestler feel like they won nothing but took second.

I don't disagree with this idea of two state tournaments because it gives a reason for college scouts to actually attend the state tourny. Scouts rarely showed up for it because they knew that they weren't indeed seeing the best from all around new york state. With this 2 state tourny, they have more of a reason to come although it still doesn't actually exhibit the best from new york state. I don't know which section it is but there's one that has only 8 teams in it... which means that there are some pretty bad wrestlers that qualify for the state tournament. Some of those wrestlers wouldn't make it to sectonV's supersectionals.

And the scouts know this... therefore, now there is more reason because they get to see more wrestlers eventhough it's still not everyone they want to see.