Good Luck DM View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Good Luck DM

Golden08
Good luck down there! Show them what NY is made of. MR. M please keep us informed on how everything is going. Not going to be the same not seeing you at tournaments! Post on here and those that wish can read and all the negative jerks can stay on the NY forum!

Take Care ,
Smile

matburn
Site Admin
What school will he be wrestling for? I want to see if I can dig up some of this year's results.

Golden08
Manassas Park High School

http://www.mpark.net/education/sportszone/sportszone.php?sectionid=305

Results that I have found so far are here.

http://www.mattalkonline.com/

Just found this-

http://www.jbresette.com/takedown/rankings.html# click on 152

mcgilldc
Those are good sites to watch and I'll post results right here also.
Daniel's first tournament is the Prince William County Tournament on 12/28&29/06. I'll let you know how he does.

hemits
Hello,

Good luck in Va,
Maybe you can talk the coach into coming up north to the Teike- Bernabi tournament in Spencerport next year.
Would love to see some tough out of state teams come up.

Again, Good luck with the move.

Jay,
Empire Nationals

Golden08
So, how did Daniel do this weekend?

mcgilldc
Sorry I have not replied but I have been very busy with the move down here and starting my new job and all.
Well Daniel did not wrestle in the tournament because he missed a practice while I was still in NY and PA for my last week of work and loading up the Uhaul to make the trip down there on 12/24/06.
I will keep you informed on how he does this weekend 1/6/07.

mcgilldc
Well Daniel finally got onto the mat this weekend but got off to a slow start. After about a moth of not competing in a dual or a tournament Daniel let his weight get out of controll. He was up to 165 at one point and 161 on Thursday, 1/4/07 but got down to 151 by Saturday morning.

Manassas Park competing in a Super Quad that Saturday morning, there were 6 teams there so we got 5 duals that day. After loosing 10 pounds in a day and a half the coach bumped Daniel up to 160 anyway (LOL) for the first meet, Daniel lost 2-4. The coach kept Daniel at 160 for the next meet and Daniel pinned his kid in the 3rd period. Then the coach let Daniel wrestle 152 in the next meet and Daniel pinned hie kid in the 1st period. Daniel wrestled 160 the last two meets and pinned both his kids in the 1st period. So he went 4/1 for the weekend with all 4 wins by pin, that puts him at 13/1 for the season with 12 pins and a tech-fall.

sectionvnysbest
how does VA wrestling compare to NY??

mcgilldc
We haven't been here or wrestled enough yet to really see much of the competition. I can tell you though that Manassas Park is a single A school with about 700 kids in the high school and graduates an average of about 150.

Their wrestling program is great and they have nine single A State Championship Team Titles, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 2004, 2005, 2006. The first to threepete two times and now they are trying to become the first team to win states four years in a row.

There were a few things that drew me to MP, it is only about 25 miles from my new job, they are a small school for down here and plenty big enough for what my kids are use to, and their wrestling schedule is tough. They only see two other single A teams till 2/17/07 which is when their Distracts, Regional’s and States start. They go to mostly Super Quads and Team Tournaments with AAA and AA schools (out of their class) which is what I tried to get GV to do for years.

Daniel is going through a hard time right now with the size of the school and the way the class are run. He has made new friends and all but he is not giving it enough time yet and he says that he wants to go back to GV next year.

letchworth#1
thanks for reply. daniel congrats on the rankings and glad to see your doing well. Keep up the hard work and kick some Va. butt. Nice job

matburn
Site Admin
Update:

Daniel McGillivray has been starting at 160 for the Manassas Park "A" team and took 2nd place at the Manassas Park Invitational this past weekend (12/13/07) losing 6-7 to Sam Hunt of Brooke Point.

So far, Daniel's record in Virginia is 8-2. Each of his 8 wins were pins. His losses have been to Hunt (above) and Matt Tomsko of Osbourn Park, 2-4. His wins have come at 152 & 160, while both losses have been at 160.

mcgilldc
I can’t believe that Madison County didn’t take the opportunity to put someone up against Daniel in last nights dual, just on the fact to see how the new kid from NY wrestles and what he’s got. Madison had the opportunity to do so at two different weight classes, once at 160 and again at 171.

Daniel weigh-in at 155 so he was going to wrestle 160 and we (MP) were hoping that Madison would bump up their 152lber (Aaron Darnell who took 3RD in the single A state tournament last year at 152) to wrestle the new kid from NY.

So when MP had to put a wrestler out on the mat first at 152 we were hoping that they would forfeit there instead of forfeiting at 160 and send out Darnell at 160. This could have been a good match-up, must be they didn’t confidence in their 3RD place state finisher to beat the new kid from NY.

At the 160 match when Madison had to put a wrestler out on the mat first they showed a forfeit so we bumped Daniel up to 171.

Oh and by the way it backed fired on them because Martell from MP won by fall.

So now its MP’s turn to put a wrestler out on the mat first and when Daniel goes out Madison forfeits to him and bumps up their 171lber to 189. This is what I don’t understand, why would they bump their kid up to wrestle someone that they’ve seen a lot of. They know that our kid took 5TH in the single A state tournament last year so why wrestle him and not the new kid from NY that you haven’t seen wrestle at all.

sectionvrocks
How did daniel do this past weekend?

mcgilldc
Daniel and the whole team didn’t wrestle last weekend. All the Manassas Park Varsity boys had to referee at home for the MP wrestling club program tournament. We did have a dual meet last night thou. Daniel had to drink a lot of water before weigh-ins for the first time ever. The coach wanted him to weigh-in a half a pound over 152 so he could fill the 160 or 171 spot. He wrestled at 171 and won by fall in the first period, this puts him at 19/2 with 17 pins on the season. The team is heading for Williamsburg tomorrow for a two day tournament. I’ll let you all know the results of this weekend ASAP.

Well I see there is at least one person that is glad Daniel is not in NY anymore. It looks as thou Cody Hutcheson has a good shot of going to states this year now that Daniel is gone.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next