Best State Final Matches You've Seen View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Best State Final Matches You've Seen

sbfightfan
I've seen most of the state finlas since 1978.I haven't made the trip to Albany yet or the Nassau Colliseum.Anyhow,here are the best final matches I can remember:
1)1993 S.Gissendanner dec Mitch Clark (great overtime win over a future D1 Ncaa Champ)
2)1999 Gary Borrelli dec Stu Holzer (i think it was ot,not sure)This was after the most loaded Supers bracket I can remember(Forte,Borrelli,K.Holland,Tim page)
3)1996 Bill Payne dec Chris Roggie(Payne wins it right at the end)
4)Mike Mormile (sect 9) pinning Pat Flynn(sect 11) 2001.Mormile had lost to Flynn in the finals the year before.Sudden ending.
5)1996 Brandom Lehman (3 time champ from sect 4) pinning Otto House.House was on a roll and would have pinned Lehman if the period hadn't ended.I felt really bad for Otto.
These are just a few that came to mind.I know there's alot more.I wasn't there to see Antonucci beat Bouzakis in 1989 although I saw it on tape.With the states almost here I was curious to see which matches you guys rate high.

migey21
bourne vs. chaires will be a good match

provocateur
Bourne is a great wrestler, but I think that he has little chance to beat Chaires.

Best state final matches:

Rick Sadwick/ Kurt Lassen - Score is tied, Lassen is fleeing the mat and Sadwick drags him back to the center to finish the takedown. Antonucci/ Bouzakis. Dave Watson of Burnt Hills vs ? Watson was literally knocked out cold before the end of the 2nd period and he came back to win it in the third.

Unfortunately, the best wrestlers that I've seen usually dominated their finals - Mariano, Prescott, etc.

jukeboxhero
Anytime Nickerson wrestled Magnani. It was always nice to see Nickerson put a whoopin' on, especially in the state finals.

WrestlerofthePast
Pat Popolizio (sp?)

The infamous webster schroder kid, Kreiger (sp?) locked hands match

hibbs match against pickell

redandsilver32
135 from 2OO5 florio from sec2 against rodriguez sec1? bs call in my opinion
I shoulda been a cowboy, I shoulda learned to rope and ride! Wearin' my six-shooter; ridin' my pony on a cattle drive! Stealing the young girls' hearts, just like Gene and Roy! SINGIN' THOSE CAMPFIRE SONGS...

Matman333
I'm pretty sure who had the best state finals match of all time and eternity.....Kyle Jacklings last year. He lost by like 1 point in like infinity OT.

redandsilver32
what weight?
I shoulda been a cowboy, I shoulda learned to rope and ride! Wearin' my six-shooter; ridin' my pony on a cattle drive! Stealing the young girls' hearts, just like Gene and Roy! SINGIN' THOSE CAMPFIRE SONGS...

Oldskool
Gissendanner vs Clark was the best.

WrestlerofthePast
This should get everyone pumped up...

https://www.facebook.com/tim.herman.186/videos/g.223862478021715/1422483921171759/?type=2&theater&ifg=1

First match (on Video of 3 of 3)!

the kind one
https://youtu.be/9iIB4SywrzM

Livinginthepast
Oldskool wrote:
Gissendanner vs Clark was the best.
One of the best ever!

duddems
WrestlerofthePast wrote:
Pat Popolizio (sp?)

The infamous webster schroder kid, Kreiger (sp?) locked hands match

hibbs match against pickell

Pickel ran out of gas...the definition of gassing outto where you literally cant move. Hibbs showed guts.

mattime
Not to long ago Brian Realbuto vs Bobby Dierna. That was a war! Remberbut like it was yesterday.

mattime
mattime wrote:
Not to long ago Brian Realbuto vs Bobby Dierna. That was a war! Remberber like it was yesterday.