275 View previous topic | View next topic

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

bestinthegame
whos gonna be some good heavy weights for large school

agey55
well... phil byers obviously cause he went to states last year. He's a senior this year and he still has tree-trunk legs... lol. But also, there's Ian Christiansen from Leroy who may or may not compete at 215 but that's all up to him. I feel he should go 275 seeing it is an easier bracket. Same thing with the Debuyser kid from Keshequa... he should just go 275 because he isn't doing anything at 215. Another one of those is J.R. Carter from Attica... should just stay up at 275. Other than those though, I really don't know alot from the bigger schools so I guess it all depends on who wants to show up this year.

This weight class is funny cause you can be a big strong guy and go out and win alot of matches. This is what I did last year as a first year senior. There's not alot of technique involved way up here. But it's all based on who wants it more.

Asarge36
Matt Gilfilian is from brockport it is his firts year he played football for brockport #55 he was the kicker punter d-line and o-line he is farily strong and weights about 260 and he has less body fat than most of the heavier 275 pounders if he can learn a few moves and remember the basics from pee-wee i think he will do well.

bestinthegame
sry bud, but u need a little bit more than just strength to be good

Asarge36
bestinthegame wrote:
sry bud, but u need a little bit more than just strength to be good

that is not what u said before u said u can be a big strong guy and win alot a maches isnt it

bestinthegame
i said that?

Asarge36
bestinthegame wrote:
i said that?

no u r right agey55 said that but strenth has a big factor in the 275 lb weight class

bigD24
what abooot a 130 weight class

bestinthegame
strength has a big factor in any weight class, but what im saying is that the really good wreslters rely on more than just strength

jcwas
strength,technique,endurance,confidence and the will to win. They're all big factors but i'd say strength least important. It definately helps but I think it's mostly just intimidating to people.

bootmaker
jcwas, how can you say strength is the least impotant factor, when there are kids on your team sucking as much as 26 lbs. the reason your coach has you guys pulling wt. is in the hopes that you will be pound for pound stronger than your opponents. if stength was not a large factor there would be no need to suck wt.

bestinthegame
strength wont help u much when u dont know the moves

matmagnets
i heard bubbleboyjellyroll is back this year... he could be a force in the 275 weight class this year.... good luck man!

agey55
in 275 strength is like number one. You only need to know a few moves up there and you're golden as long as you have strength. I know this cause this is what I did last year. I was very strong but I was new. I knew alot of moves but I only used very few of them. I thought I did well last year making 3rd in sectionals and losing to Kennel in the first round of supers in a close match. So therefore, strength is the biggest factor up at 275. But other weight classes it's more technique, if you know the pressure points and can use leverage, strength isn't that big a deal.

jcwas
Why would one weight class be different than the other? Have you ever seen Arthur Jones? He's not strong at all but he used his techinique to win States. Yeah you might be strong and it was your first year but anyone with an ounce of athletic ability could do alright at 275, first year or not.
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next